• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Special Bender Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
So if the player wasn't a prodigy, what would the percentages be? None of them add up to 100%

Like so if a player is a firebender, you could technically have both lightning and combustion.

The only element I think should be able to have multiple subelements naturally is waterbending, because we saw Hama icebend, plantbend, bloodbend, moisturebend. The only one she didnt do was healing hands. Also spiritbending for water? You mean the healing waters thing Katara and Unaloq did?
They don't add up to 100 because he didn't include percentages for getting nothing special. Also, I think each chance happens individually, not all together in one big wheel of fortune. Basically a bunch of little individual wheels of fortune, with the remaining percentages being NOT getting that.
However, I do think you shouldn't be able to have multiple subs.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I wanted this since i started thinking about suggesting on how each bender could atleast diffrent from each other as now it looks that every earthbender can just shoot lava at you ,which gets quite old spamming it as they are the same (especally with earthgrabing before others could escape.

Last edited:

Migsel

Verified Member
What about Toph and her metalbending academy? None of the students thought they could learn metalbending but in the end they did. Toph just got random earthbenders to teach not a select choice.
In the comics, it actually showed how she picked people. She didn't choose random people. She only found three students for the very first class she was teaching.

Tenket

Verified Member
I've also heard ideas of specializing bending to make each bender unique based on what they can do.
For example, say a Firebender can combustion bend. At the cost of being able to use combustion, they can't use fireshield, lightning, or wall of fire.
Effectively ruling out most combos for them, but not leaving them defenseless in combat, with the added bonus of combustion. It changes up people's fighting styles and approach in an interesting way.

More examples:
If a Waterbender has waterarms(I know it's not officially supported, so that might be tricky), then they can't use waterspout and a few other moves that can be replaced in function relatively with waterarms.

If an Airbender has flight, they can't use airspout, and a few other Airbending moves, like one or two more.

If an Earthbender has lavabending, they can't metalbend, and vice versa. And Earthbenders with neither might have buffs on some of the base earth moves.

I thought this specialization system might tie in nicely with this idea.
For balance having the benders limited to one subelement is great. Particularly with earthbenders. They shouldnt really be lava and metalbenders. And having them as only one would force them to develop more tight fighting styles.

I know you mentioned locking out abilities based on what they were given, i think this should be approached carefully.
^I agree, but be gentle. Benders dont seem special if they are being punished for unique traits

Tenket

Verified Member
I was thinking there should be bonuses related to prodigies in the show.

Fire prodigies have more damage and blue particles.

Earth prodigies have improved tremorsense (Or some shit related to toph idk)

Water Prodegies i dont remember any in the show.

I also dont know any air, because they got genocided a little.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I was thinking there should be bonuses related to prodigies in the show.

Fire prodigies have more damage and blue particles.

Earth prodigies have improved tremorsense (Or some shit related to toph idk)

Water Prodegies i dont remember any in the show.

I also dont know any air, because they got genocided a little.
That was already implied. But I never put it in words, I will now.

HydroMan

Verified Member
BTW i think all earthbenders should be capable of sandbending. I'm I right? Even if they couldn't it would pretty nerf those earthbenders who can't sandbend, as they wouldn't have any protection in the desert and be pretty much srewed by other benders. While this is a sub-element consider by pk ,it still does the same earthbending moves as i disagree of the percantage of sandbending. All earthbenders must have 100% of becoming one(a sandbender)

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Things to know:
Earth

Lavabending - 25% chance
Metalbending - 90% chance
Sandbending - 87% chance

Fire
Combustion bending - 25% chance
Lightning bending - 87% chance

Air
Spiritual Projection - 72% chance
Flight - 1% chance

Water
Bloodbending - 17% chance
Plantbending - 64% chance
Icebending - 100% chance
Healing Hands - 70% chance
Spirit Bending - 75% chance

Prodigy
Firebending - 1%
Waterbending - 1%
Airbending - 1%
Earthbending - 1%
Fix the percentage to:
LavaBending - 25%
MetalBending - 64%
SandBending - 100%

CombustionBending - 25%
LightningBending - 64%

Spiritual Projection - 88%
Flight - 1%

Bloodbending - 9%
PlantBending - 34%
IceBending - 100%
Healing Hands - 20%
SpiritBending - 26%

Prodigy
Firebending - 1%
Waterbending - 1%
Airbending - 1%
Earthbending - 1%

AND maybe add this:

Ordinary Bender
WaterBending - 10%
FireBending - 10%
EarthBending -10%
AirBending - 10%

I think every element has to have a 10% percentage chance to be left without any sub-element ,as not every bender in show had any sub-element

Last edited:

Moonelight

Verified Member
I think every element has to have a 10% percentage chance to be left without any sub-element ,as not every bender in show had any sub-element
I won't be changing what I already have. The percentages are at what I like them at. And the percentages are only a chance at getting a sub element.
So there is still the possibility for ordinary benders.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I won't be changing what I already have. The percentages are at what I like them at. And the percentages are only a chance at getting a sub element.
So there is still the possibility for ordinary benders.
But they don't add up to 100%

Tenket

Verified Member
But they don't add up to 100%
That was my problem with it xD
OMFG, the percentages are not related to each other.

The same way that the chance of rain and the chance im going to whoop you up the head for being stupid (15% and 99% respectively). Notice how it's still very likely i will assault you and how the chance of rain is unrelated?

You don't get equal say if you can't wrap your head around basic math. That's early primary shit.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
They don't have to add up to 100%, the remaining percentage is they don't have a subelement

Status
Not open for further replies.