• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied ShadowBending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
This idea is not bad, but it should not be made into an air sub-element. It might work nicely as a dark spirit move though!

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
The plugin is based on the shows and comics, but in the comic where Shadowbending appears isn't canon. Also, either if it was canon, it wouldn't be an Airbending skill, since Aang was the last Airbender, so Analay, the shadowbender from the comic, must be another kind of bender.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Does it have to be canon? No
Does it have to make sense based off of what can be gathered from canon sources? Probably

This will absolutely not fit into airbending.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Cofcof there are no shadows in Minecraft you can bend. Only if you make them out of particles. And yes, it must agree with Avatar rules. If we couldnt add soundbending, why would this be added? If we go non-canon, it wouldnt be fair for other sub-elements already suggested.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Cofcof there are no shadows in Minecraft you can bend. Only if you make them out of particles. And yes, it must agree with Avatar rules. If we couldnt add soundbending, why would this be added? If we go non-canon, it wouldnt be fair for other sub-elements already suggested.
Actually there is one type of shadow that could be "bent". The shadow that appears under players, mobs, and falling blocks. Just find a way to do that and your set.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
On the wiki it is said that it is not considered canon because it was is the "Bonus Stories"
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Analay
I know I read it, but even if it is a "bonus story", it was made by the same people, published by the same company. I see no reason why it couldn't be of some use, except for the fact that very little is actually known about shadowbending. It would be cool to see a "ShadowWarp" tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.