• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Schematics

Should there be a new category for Avatar related schematics?

• Yea, this would add a whole new aspect to the Project Korra website!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No, it's not exactly necessary.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I don't really care what happens. Things are fine like they are now.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
. Not all builds are canon though and I'm saying builds can't vary. So are interpertations, which is pretty pointless to have a testing-staff for that content (except to check malicious files with viruses in them) and that's why I think the resource page is not that appriopate.

As for whether it's non-tla/lok related, why would someone upload it here?
To promote and advertise everywhere as they could get access to. Self-work recognition.

I'm not saying these are bad things, but I do not think Resource page is the best for those submissions. Perhaps create and keep it somewhere a dedicated section in the forums?

Builds can vary, and there's real way to define whenever a build is appriopate-relative to PK. Anyone can build a 2x2 box of dirt and just take as being stacks for earthbenders supplied source. That's why I suggest somewhere but not in RESOURCE page.

Speaking of expanding creation with content, we also need a place for sharing player SKINS. Again, not in the resource page though.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Not all builds are canon though and I'm saying builds can't vary.
Yes they can... Someone could create their version of an Air Temple or their version of a water tribe or make a random water tribe village as a filler of space. There are endless possibilities in building.

To promote and advertise everywhere as they could get access to. Self-work recognition.
They could have done that with the forums but no one has. There are advertisements but none of them are even minecraft related.

Anyone can build a 2x2 box of dirt and just take as being stacks for earthbenders supplied source.
Why would someone approve that? Builds would have to go through the same process as add-on abilities.

we also need a place for sharing player SKINS. Again, not in the resource page though.
It's a resource... Just like builds are a resource... Not seeing why we shouldn't use the resource page. Have all the downloads affiliated with Avatar in the resource page, all having to go through an approval process. Yea, right now you CAN use the forums for this stuff. But the Resource Page would encourage it and make it stand out. They could have made people use a forum page for side-plugins but they didn't. Instead of having a resource category for ONE measly resource pack they could have made a forum for it but they didn't.... The downloads page is for "downloads" so why not extend on the idea?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yes they can... Someone could create their version of an Air Temple or their version of a water tribe or make a random water tribe village as a filler of space. There are endless possibilities in building.
Therefor, there is no real way define one being canon or not. There could be nether palace and claim it as being earthbenders territory, since they can bend the enviroment to some excent (and depends on the config list), therefor there is no wrong and right way to build one.
They could have done that with the forums but no one has
They did.
Why would someone approve that? Builds would have to go through the same process as add-on abilities.
Addon submitting procress requires only malicious content checking. I don't think they check the quality of the ability or even test it on their same. Going that procress with buildings, 2x2 dirt cubes will still be approved, lol. Again, nothing wrong with that, but I think you should reconsider the are for the forum where it should openly provide.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Therefor, there is no real way define one being canon or not. There could be nether palace and claim it as being earthbenders territory, since they can bend the enviroment to some excent (and depends on the config list), therefor there is no wrong and right way to build one.
If they claim it's purpose is for the avatar universe, then so what? As long as it fits the theme of the show and it's style, so what? If it's something completely off from the show and it's architecture then it wouldn't be approved.

They did.
Could you link me to a forum where someone posted a build upload that had nothing to do with the show in attempts of free advertisement?

Addon submitting procress requires only malicious content checking. I don't think they check the quality of the ability or even test it on their same. Going that procress with buildings, 2x2 dirt cubes will still be approved, lol.
There are rules that add-on abilities must follow and they SHOULD be checking to make sure it follows the rules. Someone very well could submit a 2x2 dirt cube, but it could also be included in a pack of different symbols from the nation. For example, this pack could include an insignia from each nation along with various different plant life, and unique things that earth and water benders used as sources. Earthbenders used to use earth cut out in the shape of their insignia as their source in the show. This pack could include such things. And along with the rules that submissions would have to follow, there could be a minimum limit to the size of the build.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
There are rules that add-on abilities must follow and they SHOULD be checking to make sure it follows the rules.
What rules are there? I know for sure it doesn't include following quality and the workability of it, which is relevant to my argument. There were addons with poor quality and those that didn't even work (some inexperence coder uploaded an addon that did nothing but provide an error).

xNuminousx

Verified Member
If someone were to create like a Twin Towers replica complete with laptop-shaped things inside the rooms and cubicals. Even outside the building you saw modern cars and stop lights. There would be no connection to the show because A) The Twin Towers do not represent any of the architecture used in the show B) It includes modern technology which we never saw in the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xNuminousx

Verified Member
A possible rule of submission would that it has to follow the same "theme" or architecture that we saw. If it doesn't fit the theme than it wouldn't be approved.

Or Pk could even go to the lengths of supporting building period and just allow builds of all kinds. Of course, that's kind of far fetched and very unlikely to happen.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
A) The Twin Towers do not represent any of the architecture used in the show B)
Some part of rebublic city had high-rise buildings, and the only difference there were the color of it. The Stucture is almost no different.
B) It includes modern technology which we never saw in the show.
What kind of modern technology? Minecraft and TLOK don'y have either kind of modern technology which I have no idea to what kind you're referring, but their capabilities pretty much resemble the same level of that old/stranded type of deal timeline.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Some part of rebublic city had high-rise buildings, and the only difference there were the color of it. The Stucture is almost no different.

What kind of modern technology. Minecraft and TLOK doesn't have either kind of modern technology, but their capabilities pretty much resemble the same level of that old/stranded type of deal timeline.
The twin towers were very rectangular with really no character. Republic City used an Asian style to design their towers. Often coming to points at the top, having flares in the corners, having unique roofs, or swirls and intricate designs.

Modern technology being laptops and modern cars. Modern things in America do not resemble things used in TLOK. Laptops may have been possible but we didn't see them and modern ones likely don't represent what would have been used in TLOK.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
A possible rule of submission would that it has to follow the same "theme" or architecture that we saw. If it doesn't fit the theme than it wouldn't be approved.
Addos don't follow the theme. Like I said, I doubt they check the quality and even if it works at all. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been an addon that only executed an error with no avail of function. Omni only checks for malicious files I believe. @OmniCypher, can you confirm this.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Modern technology being laptops and modern cars. Modern things in America do not resemble things used in TLOK. Laptops may have been possible but we didn't see them and modern ones likely don't represent what would have been used in TLOK.
Minecraft those either in vanilla gameplay. "Computers" are usually build with a painting to adjastent wall and pressure plate as the keyboard. In TLOK, same can be done.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I'm not saying Addons do. I'm saying if they were to have to check builds, and be strictly avatar themed, they'd have to follow and check for certain requirements.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Minecraft those either in vanilla gameplay. "Computers" are usually build with a painting to adjastent wall and pressure plate as the keyboard. In TLOK, same can be done.
Point being computers aren't relevant in the avatar universe cause we never saw them. We could say so many things COULD have been made but we never know for sure.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Point being computers aren't relevant in the avatar universe cause we never saw them. We could say so many things COULD have been made but we never know for sure.
But they aren't really computers. I think tvs were invented at that time (Film industry existed), so anyone can interpet them as television screens. It is matter of interpetation, which may highly different. One can take them as literatal paintings, other as a pc/lapton, third as a tv, ect.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
You said it should follow the same procress of the ckecking protocol
As in making sure the submission follows all of the rules set by Mist.

I think tvs were invented at that time
There weren't any TVs. There were radios, but that's it. If you wanted to watch a "Mover" you had to be present at the showing of it.

One can take them as literatal paintings, other as a pc/lapton, third as a tv, ect.
It's generally with intent. And besides, if it was just a painting why gear it up to look like a tv/computer? And as I've said, there were no TVs or laptops in the Avatar world.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This is really debatable. I'm thinking most servers would try to be creativy out of the given buildings that are outside of the avatar universe. Diversive looks and styles would be great though. Yes, they can upload those builds outside this forum, but this might make it a lot easier to find from what they should expect from here. I can imagine various of bending arenas and probending arenas. Oh and something for chi blockers :p Weren't much for them to offer other than the hideout.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Addos don't follow the theme. Like I said, I doubt they check the quality and even if it works at all. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been an addon that only executed an error with no avail of function. Omni only checks for malicious files I believe. @OmniCypher, can you confirm this.
This is correct, we are not responsible for upkeep or quality of the addons you download. We only make sure that they are safe to use.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
I love this idea!

The file uploader should now take schematics and a category has been created from it. The main rule is that schematics have to be somehow, someway related to the Avatar universe. They do not have to be canon.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.