• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Schematics

Should there be a new category for Avatar related schematics?

• Yea, this would add a whole new aspect to the Project Korra website!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No, it's not exactly necessary.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I don't really care what happens. Things are fine like they are now.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
This idea would allow content creators to build Avatar-themed "things", save the schematic for it, and then upload it here on the forums for download. This would create a new category in the Downloads tab.

Example scenario: I just finished making a Water Tribe hut. I think it's really good so I gather my world edit, select my positions, copy the area (if that's necessary, can't remember), create the schematic in my plugins folder, locate and select the schematic, create a new resource titled Water Tribe Hut, describe the build, upload the schematic, get it approved by builders (who will need to become more active for this), and BAM! You've now uploaded a schematic for server owners to use if they want to.

This idea would make Project Korra a lot more diverse, including both java related downloads, design related downloads, and now architectural downloads. This idea would include a whole other side of the community that has been dormant for far too long.

Please, if you have any ideas, opinions, or changes for this idea voice them below. Unlike some people I won't be upset if you nitpick my suggestion :D

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It's more involved with increasing the avatar feel in Minecraft. I think it'd be best for them to be more diverse rather than strictly follow the plugin and that's it. They'd grow in popularity if they were more diverse like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Well personally I haven't tried. And does the upload button accept .schematic? Does anyone even know they can? Besides, this is more of a suggestion for them to encourage/support building uploads. There's no section/category for it and I suggest they create it.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Thought you argued over that Debate section shouldn't exist. Why so bias?
How is this relevant to that at all? That debate section was suggesting to create something that already exists. There is no Building category in the download tabs and nothing like it.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
How is this relevant to that at all? That debate section was suggesting to create something that already exists. There is no Building category in the download tabs and nothing like it.
Building is not something encouraged on the forums at all. Other than the build team but even they said they don't do anything.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
There is a MISC section. Use that. Some people did post links to maps/builds, so why this should be necessary?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Because building isn't encouraged in the community. Having a builds section in downloads would bring awareness to the idea of building stuff and releasing them to the public. I'll make a little something something and see if Omni would accept it. However if you click a category it'll disappear. And the downloads are generally filled with add-on abilities so having a Builds section would help to separate them and bring awareness to them.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 5.03.39 PM.png
This is why there should be a build category.... To upload anything it has to be "Custom Abilities" or "ProjectKorra Side Plugins."

I'll still try to upload a build but... It'll be Custom Abilities if it gets accepted because that's the only way you can select Misc.

EDIT
Just tried to upload a build to Custom Abilities labeling it as "Misc" and I cannot. The downloads does not support .schematic files. Another reason why this suggestion is relevant over that Debate Section suggestion.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
View attachment 2933
This is why there should be a build category.... To upload anything it has to be "Custom Abilities" or "ProjectKorra Side Plugins."

I'll still try to upload a build but... It'll be Custom Abilities if it gets accepted because that's the only way you can select Misc.

EDIT
Just tried to upload a build to Custom Abilities labeling it as "Misc" and I cannot. The downloads does not support .schematic files. Another reason why this suggestion is relevant over that Debate Section suggestion.
Why not simply create a thread and attach a file to it o_O

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Thing is, moderating the build wouldn't be easy, since they can vary into non-tla/lok related and the who is approving&dismissing might mistaken it. For example, a nether castle. I think it would fit more to the forum section than in the resource page. Building isn't encourage? It is encourage. Today it isn't because the forums is almost death on the creation/contribution domain.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Why not simply create a thread and attach a file to it o_O
I could ask the same question about add-on abilities. Of course you could say that's different because they actually require Project Korra. Well I would think if someone is going to make an Avatar map then theyd use Pk to go along with it. This would be to make servers feel more like the show with the help of other people and also, having a download option would make them more noticeable while also bringing up a new side to the community.

Thing is, moderating the build wouldn't be easy, since they can vary into non-tla/lok related and the who is approving&dismissing might mistaken it. For example, a nether castle. I think it would fit more to the forum section than in the resource page. Building isn't encourage? It is encourage. Today it isn't because the forums is almost death on the creation/contribution domain.
I don't see it being any more difficult than an add-on ability. Of course, if the schematic gets too large then I could see that being an issue. But that's why forum users are here. We always report things. Of course, it'd just be SOOO tragic for us to start nitpicking builds wouldn't it? Hmmm.

As for whether it's non-tla/lok related, why would someone upload it here? Again, the forum users are always here. Server owners should test the schematics before actually using them. They can report false builds and get them taken down.

As for the "who" would be approving/disproving builds, I would assume the builders. But they are not active on the forums as much as they should be and that's the only flaw I see there. If not, Omni should be able to judge just fine. All he'd have to do is make sure it's actually related to the show.

Building is not encouraged anywhere on the forums Mesk.

Status
Not open for further replies.