• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Removing 'NB' from the Project Korra Server List (Requested)

Do you want NB removed?

• Remove NB from the server list.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Don't take action

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loony

Verified Member
In addition, since there aren't technically rules for content made by servers to be removed from the list, I'm not sure if there's grounds for removal
I know there aren't but I feel like it's your duty not to direct player's into a toxic community where they're only going to get hurt.
Or at the very LEAST have an age rating on server's

Hero

Verified Member
Hello all.
A few people have asked me to write this post, as they feel the Project Korra community should not be promoting a server like 'NB'. (I'm saying NB and not the full name because that would count as advertising. If you do not know which server I am talking about feel free to message me and I'll inform you).

I agree with the people and so I'm making this post. NB is a terrible, racist, homophobic and toxic community. All of the server's that I have been on from the Project Korra server list has had rules against discrimination, homophobia, racism ect. But this server does not.
The owner lets his player's say these terrible, discriminating things. If you're black, gay, or just generally different to the average white man/woman, you're verbally assaulted there.

With the amount of younger people that play and enjoy bending server's, I don't believe that NB should be promoted on the server list. It sends a horrible message and that younger person will eventually get upset when they go there, just for being different? Or worse, they think it's acceptable to have the toxic behaviour that their community has. I don't think Project Korra should send that type of message, especially with the amount of LGBT people that play.

Now I know you might say, it isn't really your business what happens on their server. Well, you're right. There's not much you can do about the things that happen on their server, but there IS something you can do to stop more people that are looking for a good server from going there.
They should be taken off the Project Korra Server List. I know that you like to give server's an even chance, but tell me, why do they deserve it?
There's a number of reasons why they don't deserve to be on the Project Korra server list, but the most important are the reasons I'm listing.

I'm sure many, many people could provide screenshots of the countless times the things I'm describing has happened. It happens way too often.

If you agree with me and think this server should NOT be promoted on the Project Korra Server List, please just write ''I want NB removed.'' and hopefully they will hear us out.

I really hope they remove it, I feel bad for the player's that are in such bad hands.
~Loony
NB?

HadesDude

Verified Member
I know there aren't but I feel like it's your duty not to direct player's into a toxic community where they're only going to get hurt.
Or at the very LEAST have an age rating on server's
While I do not condone his actions (The other person in the screenshots was just as bad in my opinion), the server list isn't directing people into his server. If people have issues with the way he runs things/acts then they can make the decision not to return to his server.

FearlessFrost

Verified Member
Hello all.
A few people have asked me to write this post, as they feel the Project Korra community should not be promoting a server like 'NB'. (I'm saying NB and not the full name because that would count as advertising. If you do not know which server I am talking about feel free to message me and I'll inform you).

I agree with the people and so I'm making this post. NB is a terrible, racist, homophobic and toxic community. All of the server's that I have been on from the Project Korra server list has had rules against discrimination, homophobia, racism ect. But this server does not.
The owner lets his player's say these terrible, discriminating things. If you're black, gay, or just generally different to the average white man/woman, you're verbally assaulted there.

With the amount of younger people that play and enjoy bending server's, I don't believe that NB should be promoted on the server list. It sends a horrible message and that younger person will eventually get upset when they go there, just for being different? Or worse, they think it's acceptable to have the toxic behaviour that their community has. I don't think Project Korra should send that type of message, especially with the amount of LGBT people that play.

Now I know you might say, it isn't really your business what happens on their server. Well, you're right. There's not much you can do about the things that happen on their server, but there IS something you can do to stop more people that are looking for a good server from going there.
They should be taken off the Project Korra Server List. I know that you like to give server's an even chance, but tell me, why do they deserve it?
There's a number of reasons why they don't deserve to be on the Project Korra server list, but the most important are the reasons I'm listing.

I'm sure many, many people could provide screenshots of the countless times the things I'm describing has happened. It happens way too often.

If you agree with me and think this server should NOT be promoted on the Project Korra Server List, please just write ''I want NB removed.'' and hopefully they will hear us out.

I really hope they remove it, I feel bad for the player's that are in such bad hands.
~Loony
As the co-owner of the other sever who's name abbreviates to "NB", I can officially say that this post gave me a heart attack. XD I was about to message you in a frenzy asking where this came from, since I run a very filtered and logged PG-13 chat... :)

Anyways, as someone who is really against this kind of stuff I can sympathize with the request to remove this server, but it is true that there are no specific regulations for server content, other than running PK Core and being reasonably up to date. Sadly, there are players who love/like that kind of an environment (I've met a few myself) too.

That being said, I think that the community could benefit from a 'disclaimer' of sorts at the top of the server list page, something like "The content provided by these servers is not sponsored by Project Korra. Content is subject to the discretion of each individual owner and is not guaranteed to represent any set standards." (A much better statement can be written officially :p) I know that it is implied, but sometimes people need to see that in writing.

In general, the best thing the community can do is simply not play on that server. If you know others who are looking for servers, you can also refer them away from this server so long as you can present them with reasonable evidence of why they should avoid it.

Hero

Verified Member
As the co-owner of the other sever who's name abbreviates to "NB", I can officially say that this post gave me a heart attack. XD I was about to message you in a frenzy asking where this came from, since I run a very filtered and logged PG-13 chat... :)

Anyways, as someone who is really against this kind of stuff I can sympathize with the request to remove this server, but it is true that there are no specific regulations for server content, other than running PK Core and being reasonably up to date. Sadly, there are players who love/like that kind of an environment (I've met a few myself) too.

That being said, I think that the community could benefit from a 'disclaimer' of sorts at the top of the server list page, something like "The content provided by these servers is not sponsored by Project Korra. Content is subject to the discretion of each individual owner and is not guaranteed to represent any set standards." (A much better statement can be written officially :p) I know that it is implied, but sometimes people need to see that in writing.

In general, the best thing the community can do is simply not play on that server. If you know others who are looking for servers, you can also refer them away from this server so long as you can present them with reasonable evidence of why they should avoid it.
Same!

Loony

Verified Member
On a side note, the owner has gone onto other server's and downloaded their spawns to use as his own. When he comes on my server I have to see what he's doing just in case he's copying my builds.

Loony

Verified Member
But projectkorra should have the decency to prevent players from going on a server where they will be harassed for their sexuality/race/gender
I completely agree.
Let me tell you a little story;
The first bending server I joined was called MCBend, which is now closed down.
I was young when I first joined it.
Their community was also toxic.
A lot of times I had felt like utter shit because of how their players were and the things they said.
Instead of me looking for a different server I used to just quit minecraft for a couple of months because I'd had enough with feeling like crap.
Now, although MCBend's community was trash, they still had rules against discrimination, homophobia and racism.
So I can't even imagine how people on NB feel. I feel sorry for them.
And yes you might say "if people don't like it they can leave the server"
But why should they get hurt and feel worse about themselves when all they're doing is trying to have fun?
Especially if they're young and it's a confusing time in their life.

Joeri

Verified Member
On a side note, the owner has gone onto other server's and downloaded their spawns to use as his own. When he comes on my server I have to see what he's doing just in case he's copying my builds.
I was going to say this.
I'm staff on a server and that NB copied our spawn and edited it. We didnt even get credit and when we told them we basically got insulted even by their staff

I know there probably aren't any rules for this. But look, everyone hates them

HydroMan

Verified Member
If you all want for it to be on the list ,why not posting a surver for us to vote to leave NB server in our list or not ? That might urge someone(who is in charge if the list) to remove it from the list

Loony

Verified Member
If you all want for it to be on the list ,why not posting a surver for us to vote to leave NB server in our list or not ? That might urge someone(who is in charge if the list) to remove it from the list
Nice idea! I've added a poll. Can everyone who wants NB removed please vote at the top!

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
It is okay to have frustration with another server, or even speak out against once, however, I am not in the game of Moderating servers anymore.

The server list is just a list of servers that have ProjectKorra on them. The appearance on the list is not an endorsement by ProjectKorra, and thus, it is not my place to moderate what goes on inside of the server. You are more than welcome to simply not play on them, but having a utopia community isn't a requirement to appear on the server list.

Thread / Discussion Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.