• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Remove Tornado or else improve it

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I feel like the tornado is useless and, some fans of this ofcourse would be mad of me saying this: it should be removed, for the following reasons:
  1. Tornado Flight? That is why we have airspout for, while this technique is alot better than airspout(in my opinion), even nobody uses it, it should be removed (either airspout, but than again leave it, which this brings me to...).
  2. Tornado is uncanon, or atleast to one bender, as I only seen it being performed by multiple (at like around of 10-20 people). Ofcourse, comparing this to that type of tornado, would be like comparing a big mac to a small hamburger, but still seeing that it can...
  3. Lift up mobs into air and than dropping 'em to death. I'm complety fine with this, but what I don't like about this tornado technique on how it doesn't affect players the same how it did with those creatures. Are the monsters light as a feather, as so the reason why tornado can lift them easily while it flinches players a few blocks, but highly doubt in this fact and I believe they can activate pressure plates proving this fact to be false
If for ever reasons, you feel like tornado should stay and you won't remove it, I than suggest this two changes that should be applied if it's not gonna be removed for a consideration.
  1. Code it that it should push mobs and not pull them up in the air, the same method how it currently affects players, including the removable MobPushFactor option and intregating it with the player's push faction (making up the name BeingPushFactor). Because, I see no logic with the current tornado mechanic what so ever.
  2. This could be optional, but I think the tornado should make the bender I huge jump, like how the current this technique is, but it should not sustain the flight for the bender

=============================================================================================

If you have any other or difference changes should be done to this technique, please share with me on commends down below.

Also, sorry for my bad English. It isn't my mother language, so I know that I'm pretty terrible with it :l

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
I agree with all of your reasons.
Tornado has always bothered me. Pretty much the only time that tornado was seen was when a group of Airbender's came together to use it and it didn't really have any of the uses it has now.

Although I agree it should be removed, I feel it needs to be replaced something, such as "Wind rush" which would basically be like AirShield / AirBurst, a rush of wind circling around you and rapidly going outwards.

I'm placing this looking into.

Hero

Verified Member
Tornado has always bothered me. Pretty much the only time that tornado was seen was when a group of Airbender's came together to use it and it didn't really have any of the uses it has now.

Although I agree it should be removed, I feel it needs to be replaced something, such as "Wind rush" which would basically be like AirShield / AirBurst, a rush of wind circling around you and rapidly going outwards.

OH! So creative!!! *swoons*

Wind Rush sounds like a combo .-.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I wouldn't want the old tornado removed. It has no use in a fight, and it's great and fun to cross mountains and other types of terrain.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Good thing, as having a second thought, I can see why it should be left in the plugin :) However, allowing mobs to be easily kill by the tornado technique while players are only flinch a few blocks ,makes it unfair gameplay and a lack of sense.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Although I agree it should be removed, I feel it needs to be replaced something, such as "Wind rush" which would basically be like AirShield / AirBurst, a rush of wind circling around you and rapidly going outwards
What's the use of this ability would be?

Nin01

Verified Member

This is like the updated version of what I was trying to say!

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

How is this so called "WindRush" and tornado even related?

Nin01

Verified Member
Two minds think alike my friend, I totally agree with you. Maybe like an actual tornado things can stay inside it for a while before flinging back out? Or have a farther radius that pulls things in because right now it is impossible to do that?
Anyways, thanks for continuing/improving my work!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
There could be an ability, called "[Air/Wind] Jump", where by clicking would launch the bender where high in the air (copy cat of HighJump?). I think this is a perfect replacement of AirJump.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
even nobody uses it
I use it a lot. It's fun to use and it's really useful. I also know a lot of people who use it as well.
Tornado is uncanon, or atleast to one bender
Jinora made a smaller version of the huge tornado the airbenders used to pull Korra to the ground. (She did that before the other benders started helping). If you think it's too big you can change it in the config (really, that's what the config is for).

Tornado is one of the greatest moves in the whole plugin. I haven't found a single move or addon that beat it. It's great to cross all types of terrain, it's fun to troll your friends with every now and then, and it won't even get out of hand because it is so harmless. It's a true utility ability, perfect for terrain explorers and everyone who doesn't use their bending for combat.

It's a shame that this is one of the only utility/fun abilities in the plugin. At this moment it is 90% (not exactly of course) focused on combat. There is Extraction, EarthTunnel, TremorSense, Illumination (it's useful I guess), WaterBubble, AirBubble and Tornado.

Now you might think "well you still got 7 there right", but let's just break that down.
Water has 12 moves, Earth has 14 moves, Fire has 10 moves, Air has 11 moves, Chi has 8 moves. Together, that's 12 + 14 + 10 + 11 + 8 = 55 moves.
7 moves are utility based, that's around 12% (if I'm correct). Do you understand what I mean?
The plugin is so combat based, but there are so many people that don't want to fight, and that would LOVE to use bending in their everyday minecraft life.

I hope I got my point across about why Tornado is a great thing and shouldn't be removed.

Loony

Verified Member
I use it a lot. It's fun to use and it's really useful. I also know a lot of people who use it as well.

Jinora made a smaller version of the huge tornado the airbenders used to pull Korra to the ground. (She did that before the other benders started helping). If you think it's too big you can change it in the config (really, that's what the config is for).

Tornado is one of the greatest moves in the whole plugin. I haven't found a single move or addon that beat it. It's great to cross all types of terrain, it's fun to troll your friends with every now and then, and it won't even get out of hand because it is so harmless. It's a true utility ability, perfect for terrain explorers and everyone who doesn't use their bending for combat.

It's a shame that this is one of the only utility/fun abilities in the plugin. At this moment it is 90% (not exactly of course) focused on combat. There is Extraction, EarthTunnel, TremorSense, Illumination (it's useful I guess), WaterBubble, AirBubble and Tornado.

Now you might think "well you still got 7 there right", but let's just break that down.
Water has 12 moves, Earth has 14 moves, Fire has 10 moves, Air has 11 moves, Chi has 8 moves. Together, that's 12 + 14 + 10 + 11 + 8 = 55 moves.
7 moves are utility based, that's around 12% (if I'm correct). Do you understand what I mean?
The plugin is so combat based, but there are so many people that don't want to fight, and that would LOVE to use bending in their everyday minecraft life.

I hope I got my point across about why Tornado is a great thing and shouldn't be removed.
Jinora starting bending the air around her then the others instantly helped her to make it form as a tornado, that isn't Jinora making a small tornado herself.

The rest of your statement is simple opinion based and it's a very unique opinion at that as I know a lot who would disagree.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of utility. Tornado is not the only utility move, especially for air. They have;
AirBlast, AirSuction, AirSpout, AirShield, AirBurst etc. That's only for air, never mind the other utility moves you missed out so your whole next paragraph is wrong.

The plugin isn't really combat based, it spreads out equally. The reason people believe it's combat based is because that's what people use it for. That's what the love about the plugin. You can use bending in everyday Minecraft life, people do.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Besides, @Finn_Bueno_ you are a develop. Why can't you make it as an DLC and keep it for yourself? Unless the reason is that you don't own a server and like @Loony said, nobody will install it because less of them would use it. I don't know any other reason on why you won't prefer coding this ability for your own.

While I do know why some people would like it to use it for survival use (not just killing mobs), thats the reason why I left a second option instead of totatlly removing it - to tweak so that it could only sustain players flight but not affecting mobs for the reason that I have already explained in my post.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Besides, @Finn_Bueno_ you are a develop. Why can't you make it as an DLC and keep it for yourself? Unless the reason is that you don't own a server and like @Loony said, nobody will install it because less of them would use it. I don't know any other reason on why you won't prefer coding this ability for your own.

While I do know why some people would like it to use it for survival use (not just killing mobs), thats the reason why I left a second option instead of totatlly removing it - to tweak so that it could only sustain players flight but not affecting mobs for the reason that I have already explained in my post.
People don't use it to kill mobs mostly ;) They use it to travel across mountains, oceans, and just basicly any type of terrain.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I know that. That's the reason I asked that another option of this solution would be to leave it, but remove the purpose of sucking up mobs and replace it with only pushing them aside (or even remove capability of not affecting mobs and players in any way).

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Jinora starting bending the air around her then the others instantly helped her to make it form as a tornado, that isn't Jinora making a small tornado herself.
Nope that small tornado was all jinoras doing.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I know that. That's the reason I asked that another option of this solution would be to leave it, but remove the purpose of sucking up mobs and replace it with only pushing them aside (or even remove capability of not affecting mobs and players in any way).
I'd be perfectly fine with that. I just hate the idea of something so fun being removed :p
It could even be a config option.
PowerTier: 1/2/3/4.
or
SwingMobs: true
ThrowUpMobs: false
and same for players. :)

And of course, I could upload it as an addon version if it'd be removed, but by that logic you could also just disable it in the config.

Status
Not open for further replies.