• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Remove Tornado or else improve it

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedk1

I just wanna point (Again probably) THERES A CONFIG OPTION TO DISABLE IT. DONT MAKE EVERYONE ELSE SUFFER BECAUSE YOU GET REKT BY IT SO YOU WANT IT REMOVED. Rant.getUser("jedk1").end();

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I just wanna point (Again probably) THERES A CONFIG OPTION TO DISABLE IT. DONT MAKE EVERYONE ELSE SUFFER BECAUSE YOU GET REKT BY IT SO YOU WANT IT REMOVED. Rant.getUser("jedk1").end();
Read the title of this thread carefully! If you did, you'll understand by now that it just doesn't suggest only one solution. Now, that you starting talking about the config file, can you tell me where is the option to disable the option to disable the mob pulling factor?

Last edited:

jedk1

Read the title of this thread carefully! If you did, you'll understand by now that it just doesn't suggest only one solution.
I did. It says remove or improve. I dont see it needing any improvements (except maybe a duration usage or cooldown). And i also dont see any need in it being removed. If you get rekt by it. get better.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
If you get rekt by it. get better.
Rekt by it how? I wasn't even complaining about the knockback function of it. I'm annoyed that it kills mobs on the most part. However, I can see why some people like it a lot while I don't want it there, that's the reason I suggest to apply the additional option in the config.yml (I change my mind about replacing with WindJump after thinking about it, so I'm gonna erase that request from those two applications).

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
There are some people and some cases where people do care. I'd say you don't care whenever it should be kept as a defensive element, because you'd prefer to kill them with Tornado. While I do have nothing
wrong to what tactic you choose to use - the traditional defensive airbender or of the agreesive one such as Zaheer. If won't care if you choose to spam airswipe and asphyxate them later one.I'm just annoyed that you can easily kill them in a few seconds, because you don't have to put a lot effort in forming this powerful lethal construct.
I use Tornado to push people out of the way. I don't even use bending often with mobs... And whether someone uses airbending for defensive or offensive purposes is up to them. Not PK. PK can make an element more on the defensive sides, but they won't make airbending weak just because it's defensive. Also, don't comment on how I fight because I certainly do not spam airswipe and suffocate/asphyxiate as I mainly play Chi and Water. Looking at the other comments you've made, this thread is just a rant and all you want is a config opinion which I'm pretty sure already exists.

Hero

Verified Member
I suggest to apply the additional option in the config.yml
Also

I already said that a version of Tornado that doesn't affect mobs and players is pointless. If the purpose of that Tornado was just to give them a "huge jump", it would be a glorified airblast or "stronger" airspout.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I already said that a version of Tornado that doesn't affect mobs and players is pointless.
Don't know why you people keep misunderstanding me. I said that Tornado should affect mobs on the same as of a player - only pushing them instead of spinning and launching upwards.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I use Tornado to push people out of the way. I don't even use bending often with mobs... And whether someone uses airbending for defensive or offensive purposes is up to them. Not PK. PK can make an element more on the defensive sides, but they won't make airbending weak just because it's defensive. Also, don't comment on how I fight because I certainly do not spam airswipe and suffocate/asphyxiate as I mainly play Chi and Water. Looking at the other comments you've made, this thread is just a rant and all you want is a config opinion which I'm pretty sure already exists.
You right on the most part. Since the big airbending's art role were portrayed by the well known corresponding nation people of this art - Air Nomads. While this the nation where most airbenders reside in, they are taught that "all life is sacred" thus they should avoid bringing violence for those beings that bring physical conflict. Although the plugin itself can't force airbenders to not be violent to other players/mobs/sprits/ect. with their bending and general, it still should not promote all of them to become one with the use of airbending, because this is where the bending art originated - from this gentle type of people of this nation. Everything is up to player to decide - to follow this stardard rule of their following nation or avoid it, but I'm gonna tell you this thing - airbending being the weakest element in its offensive attribute makes it notably unique from the other bending arts. I check the config.yml, and I can confidently stated that I'm pretty sure there isn't an option to stop them for abusing mobs to their deaths.

I wasn't judging how you should fight/act in this situation or claiming how you already doing it. I just pointed out that an airbender can fight however he wants, but pk shouldn't make them good at any means, so that it wouldn't turn out to be similar to the firebender's aspect of being dominant in offensive fighting style.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.