• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Remote Earthbending

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
While reading Kiam McQuaid thread in general, i thought to myself "Well if that is going to happen at some time, the earth would need to have the same change for source selection as they are pretty much in common in source selection". Ok, so you first start up with selecting a earth as a source for any kind of move ,like earthblast for instance, you would shift and click to lauch at your opponent. After that, what then happens? What would happen is that from the left of that, which was used up for the attack, next to it would be automatcly selected as a new source for your next move. If there is no earthbendable block from the left of the used up source, then the source would be selected from the right (or any direction where there is available earth right next to used up block). After you used up a move ,and then you would switch to another slot (with a ability bind in it) the next up block would still be selected as a source, making it easily to use any move constantly without needing to select the next source for your move untill you runout of earth to bend. I hope i explained everything well :)

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
I don't really agree.
Water was flowing, all connected. So it makes sense for the source to be how Kiam suggested.

Earth isn't.
The shift features of Earth moves kinda feel like using your feet in Minecraft to Earthbend. I think it makes more sense to shift, as the Earth you used before is now not attached to the other piece of earth.

~Loony

HydroMan

Verified Member
I don't really agree.
Water was flowing, all connected. So it makes sense for the source to be how Kiam suggested.

Earth isn't.
The shift features of Earth moves kinda feel like using your feet in Minecraft to Earthbend. I think it makes more sense to shift, as the Earth you used before is now not attached to the other piece of earth.

~Loony
We can often see that in the show earthbendees then to spamm as much of moves in rapid sension, we don't needing to look at the ground

HydroMan

Verified Member
They might not have needed to look at the ground but they needed to connect to the ground each time they earth bent it.
Not really. The name of the title was taken from the wiki where it said "if a earthbend is disattached from the ground/earth, but (s)he is aware of it ,you can still bend" or smth like that ,not direct qoutes.

Loony

Verified Member
Not really. The name of the title was taken from the wiki where it said "if a earthbend is disattached from the ground/earth, but (s)he is aware of it ,you can still bend" or smth like that ,not direct qoutes.
Yeah for earth that's in the air they can bend that but what you're describing is after you've selected an earth source and used it, it would automatically select the next source for you.

HydroMan

Verified Member
They might not have needed to look at the ground but they needed to connect to the ground each time they earth bent it.
Thats not really true. Remember Bumi? When he was encased in a metal cell confin, raised up in the air hanging by a chain and he got out of it. How? He remotely pull the rocks from the ground to break the cell without him touching the ground or having earth near him.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Yeah for earth that's in the air they can bend that but what you're describing is after you've selected an earth source and used it, it would automatically select the next source for you.
But you said that earthbenders needed to be connected to the ground in order to bent, which i gave my point that your claim is false.

owlcool

Verified Member
Thats not really true. Remember Bumi? When he was encased in a metal cell confin, raised up in the air hanging by a chain and he got out of it. How? He remotely pull them from the ground to break the cell without him touching the ground or having earth near him.
*facepalm*
That is an equivalent of saying that because Amon's dad could bloodbend a courtroom full of people during the day so all waterbenders should be able to bloodbend multiple people at a time during the day.

Bumi was the ONLY person who could do that. And we all know how much experience Bumi has. He has more experience then Toph near the end of Legend of Korra. It would take a bit more then even a master to perform that.

HydroMan

Verified Member
*facepalm*
That is an equivalent of saying that because Amon's dad could bloodbend a courtroom full of people during the day so all waterbenders should be able to bloodbend multiple people at a time during the day.

Bumi was the ONLY person who could do that. And we all know how much experience Bumi has. He has more experience then Toph near the end of Legend of Korra. It would take a bit more then even a master to perform that.
Every earthbender can bent lava by the default. So whats the problem of remotely bending earth?

owlcool

Verified Member
Every earthbender can bent lava by the default. So whats the problem of remotely bending earth?
2 Earthbenders and an Avatar bent lava.
1 Earthbender that was rather skilled with decades of experience that could lift mountains could remotely bend.
Now this is why we wouldn't have this as the default, IF it was added.

owlcool

Verified Member
Are you talking about constanly selecting earth source without looking we shouldn't have?
Maybe we could make it so that earthbenders have to be touching earth that is touching the source, or earth that is touching earth that is touching the source, or so on. And also make it so that earthbenders still have to shift for earthblast.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I just realized that toph were actually able to bent a peble that was on the wood table if i'm not mistaken. Tho she was the touching, maybe it still doesnt count as remote bending.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Maybe we could make it so that earthbenders have to be touching earth that is touching the source, or earth that is touching earth that is touching the source, or so on. And also make it so that earthbenders still have to shift for earthblast.
Shifting is a bad idea, as in probending earthbenders needed constantly to earthbend disks without looking at them to select as their source (unless shifting on air and then blast it i won't mind). And speaking of probending, was the all arena made from EARTH? I want to question this before i can give you my final thought to agree for the changes of earthbending needing to stand on earth for them to bent. Earthbenders don't have to necessery have the source touching the earth that he is standing on to bent it, as like i said, toph moved the peble that was on wooden table by earthbending.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.