• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Realistic Paralyze

Realistic Paralyze 1.3

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
StrangeOne101 submitted a new resource:

Realistic Paralyze - The Paralyze ability as it should be!

Realistic Paralyze

Description: Realistic Paralyze is much like normal paralyze apart from instead of completely blocking a players chi, it blocks their actions instead. This ability was based of the Realistic Paralyze thread by Finn_Bueno_. Thanks to him for this amazing idea. :)

How to Use: Simply hit another bending. If you are sneaking, their sneaking will be disabled. If...
Read more about this resource...

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
StrangeOne101 updated Realistic Paralyze with a new update entry:

Config balancing + Better mob support

The config has been rebalanced:
  • The effects now last longer
Now works better on mobs:
  • Mobs that are paralyzed (arms only) cannot attack or damage you
  • Mobs that have their legs paralyzed are even slower than normal (slowness must be enabled)
The ability also no longer works if a weapon is held and chiblocking with weapons is disabled in the config
Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Can you make it so that you can paralyze both legs, leaving the devasting result of being glue'd in place but still being able to spin around with camera ,left click and crouch?

I'm thinking maybe rapid left and right click (left&right punch) at one time should disable both feet overall. Maybe you could even add percentange/chance concept? (a chance for getting your target's left click disable, or a chance for right click instead, both feet ect.)

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Can you make it so that you can paralyze both legs, leaving the devasting result of being glue'd in place but still being able to spin around with camera ,left click and crouch?
Decent idea. You're right in saying that paralyzing the legs doesn't do enough. Maybe I should make them have more slowness then normal.

Only thing is, however, is it needs to be balanced when compared to paralyzing their arms. Maybe the legs are paralyzed for less time but have a stronger effect?

I'm thinking maybe rapid left and right click (left&right punch) at one time should disable both feet overall. Maybe you could even add percentange/chance concept? (a chance for getting your target's left click disable, or a chance for right click instead, both feet ect.)

^^ Was editing my reply at the mean time during your response.

IDK. Maybe with left/right click, you should do the following based of the probability that may happen:
  • Block chi in opponents left hand, rendering theeir bending and weaponry (sword) useless.
  • Block chi in opponents right hand, renderig their tool usage (eg. flint and steel) useless.
  • Block chi in opponents leg, inducing slowness status effect and disabling crouch for long time
    • If left and right click, one after another, (and if timed right) you should disable both legs, immobilizing user competely in the spot their but still leaving their camera countrol untonch (logically, just by having your legs broken doesn't mean you can't turn your head and even spin the body around).
Or you can scratch all that above and just have the chi blocker point their cursor at the respective limb to disable it accurately.

I'm just picking the idea from how I seen Ty lee doing when the first time she chi blocked Katara then a few episodes later Sokka.

Annnnd... Just an idea from the gif-- chi blocking an arm should force the target to drop the tool that's t on their current selected slot

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
^^ Was editing my reply at the mean time during your response.

IDK. Maybe with left/right click, you should do the following based of the probability that may happen:
  • Block chi in opponents left hand, rendering theeir bending and weaponry (sword) useless.
  • Block chi in opponents right hand, renderig their tool usage (eg. flint and steel) useless.
  • Block chi in opponents leg, inducing slowness status effect and disabling crouch for long time
    • If left and right click, one after another, (and if timed right) you should disable both legs, immobilizing user competely in the spot their but still leaving their camera countrol untonch (logically, just by having your legs broken doesn't mean you can't turn your head and even spin the body around).
Or you can scratch all that above and just have the chi blocker point their cursor at the respective limb to disable it accurately.

I'm just picking the idea from how I seen Ty lee doing when the first time she chi blocked Katara then a few episodes later Sokka.

Annnnd... Just an idea from the gif-- chi blocking an arm should force the target to drop the tool that's t on their current selected slot
Ah, my bad lol. Yeah, the move was based of that gif, however it's impossible to detect where abouts a player has hit. Just WHO they hit and when.

So that's why the SHIFT mechanic was added. I think I'm going to stick with it, but I still want to make legs more effected somehow.

Well, then have the sneak with the probably paralyze either one leg or both. If both, mobility of the feet nulified - head movement&events left enabled. Also the inertia of the user isn't interfared, so they should still be effected by outside enviroment (e.g. Surge). It wouldn't turn out op, cause as I said - you would still be able to bend and look around the area.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
If you need any more ideas, I'm just gonna leave you with this: http://projectkorra.com/threads/realistic-paralyze-expansion.5621/
Thanks for the suggestion! I do think that the paralyzed part shouldn't be random, though. A chiblocker is good enough to block someone from moving/bending, so I'm pretty sure they are confident enough to be able to hit someone as intended (as in, in a certain place) xD

Also, randomizing the left and right hand is kinda pointless in MC. One hand is the main hand and the other is the off-hand. They can only fight with one of said hands, so I'm sure we only really want to paralyze that one lol (and in Spigot, there's no way to tell what hand is their main one without some complicated stuff. So e.g. there's no "getting the right hand" or "getting the left hand")

Thanks for the suggestion, nonetheless. And thanks for the help testing ;)

They can only fight with one of said hands, so I'm sure we only really want to paralyze that one lol (and in Spigot, there's no way to tell what hand is their main one without some complicated stuff. So e.g. there's no "getting the right hand" or "getting the left hand")
Might become useful If they a shield on their for some cases ;) But yeah, I can see it being situational. Perhaps both should be effected at once though?

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Might become useful If they a shield on their for some cases ;) But yeah, I can see it being situational. Perhaps both should be effected at once though?
That's true, but I feel like that'd be a very rare case. Not many people would use bending as their PvP.

And, this addon will actually block both, too. Not just their main arm ;)

Playing on Loony's server. Loving all its bits. I just love seeing benders face getting shattered after I disable one of their events xD

Tips for those who don't know what best event to disable for individual benders:
Waterbending - disable their sneak. Haven't tested that on them, but in theory that would render them completely useless, even swiftswim (preventing them from fleeing).
Earthbenders - disable their sneak. Again, in theory makes their abilities useless, apart from catapult-tier1 and raiseearth-pillar.
Firebending - disable their left click.
Airbending - disable sneak/lmb for mobility/offense respectively.
Chi blocker - obviously their left click.