• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Realistic Paralyse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ello people!

I've been reading the recent discussions on the forums about the chi blocker's ability 'paralyse'. This ability is completely unrealistic IMO. So, I thought about a change for it. Here's my idea.

Paralyse would get 2 uses. The first one is activated by just clicking, the second one by clicking + shifting.

1. When you hit your opponent, without holding shift, the 'PlayerAnimationEvent' would get cancelled for as long as the duration says in the config. This means, that the opponent is not able to left click, for as long as the duration says in the config.
  2. When you hit your opponent, while holding shift, the 'PlayerToggleSneakEvent' would get cancelled for as long as he duration says in the config. This means, that the opponent is not able to shift, for as long as the duration says in the config.
Both options represent blocking the chi paths in one of the limbs of the body of the target. The first option blocks the chi paths in the arms, the second options blocks the chi paths in the legs.

Both options would activate a cooldown. There could be 2 options for cooldowns, the first one is activated by just hitting, the second one if you hold shift as well.

Lemme know what you think! :)
If you don't like this idea, please tell me WHY! :)

- Finn

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
That's actually really cool. This would be a really interesting change to Chi-Blocking, and I'd like to see somebody test this out.
However, I do have some questions. The player toggle sneak event prevents people from shifting, but the PlayerAnimationEvent seems like it might have more to do with how people see the action of the left click. I'm no coder, but does that actually prevent people from left clicking? Is it possible to prevent people from left clicking?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
That's actually really cool. This would be a really interesting change to Chi-Blocking, and I'd like to see somebody test this out.
However, I do have some questions. The player toggle sneak event prevents people from shifting, but the PlayerAnimationEvent seems like it might have more to do with how people see the action of the left click. I'm no coder, but does that actually prevent people from left clicking? Is it possible to prevent people from left clicking?
Whyd you only quote where he put finn xD

Hero

Verified Member
Why are people making thread like this? There's already 3 now.
Anyways, I like this idea better than the other one.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I havent tested it yet, but we could always use mining fatigue instead.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
I personally love the idea, it's an awesome change to chiblocking, making it lose a part of it's overpowermess but not making it to underpowered. Finally chi is going to be balanced with the elements! :-D
I can already imagine benders losing the ability to leftclick or shift but still being able to fight and protect themselves.
The shifting being blocked is fine for most moves, leftclicking being blocked restricts most benders to just a couple moves, but enough to survive and to get some protection
The one problem I can see is water, pretty much every move includes both shifting and leftclicking. Without shifting you'll only be able to use waterspout and of course healingwaters. Without clicking you'll only be able to use fastswim, waterbobble and of course healingwaters.
Correct if I'm wrong, but none of those give you any chances against chiblockers or other benders, since none of those as neither offensive or defensive, meaning the only thing a water bender will be able to do is run to water and then run for it's life... And that is not much of a fight...
(if you don't have bottles of course, which you usually don't have access to in arenas and that are just annoying to fight with)

BlueGhost

Verified Member
I think this would be really cool, but I have to agree with @BlueGhost in that most moves would become impossible, especially for water. Though, I would prefer that to not being able to move at all.
Maybe for water and earth (the elements that need a source to be selected) the source selection would't count as bending, just the "move execution", so the selection of the source won't be stopped by paralyze (I don't really know if it makes much of a change to earth, but just to keep it fair). ;-)

For exemple if shifting is blocked then a waterbender that wants to use surge will be able to select the water source by shifting and then leftckick (move execution) to actually do the surge (wave), but if he leftclicks to select a source he won't be able to shift (move execution) in order to create surge (shield).
Or for exemple if leftckicking is blocked then a waterbender that wants to use torrent will be able to leftclick to select the source, then hold shift (move execution) to make the water spin around him and finally release shift to launch the wave in any direction, but not leftclick to launch torrent in a single diretion. (this means that if shifting is blocked then torrent won't even be possible, since a waterbender can't even make the water spin around him).

Selecting a source isn't exaclly bending, it's just like if you noticed that there is water or earth in a certain place, that can possibly be used as a source to your moves. :D
What do you guys think? Nice way to solve it? Or not really? :p

Last edited:

djmyernos

Verified Member
Maybe for water and earth (the elements that need a source to be selected) the source selection would't count as bending, just the "move execution", so the selection of the source won't be stopped by paralyze (I don't really know if it makes much of a change to earth, but just to keep it fair). ;-)

For exemple if shifting is blocked then a waterbender that wants to use surge will be able to select the water source by shifting and then leftckick (move execution) to actually do the surge (wave), but if he leftclicks to select a source he won't be able to shift (move execution) in order to create surge (shield).
Or for exemple if leftckicking is blocked then a waterbender that wants to use torrent will be able to leftclick to select the source, then hold shift (move execution) to make the water spin around him and finally release shift to launch the wave in any direction, but not leftclick to launch torrent in a single diretion. (this means that if shifting is blocked then torrent won't even be possible, since a waterbender can't even make the water spin around him).

Selecting a source isn't exaclly bending, it's just like if you noticed that there is water or earth in a certain place, that can possibly be used as a source to your moves. :-D
What do you guys think? Nice way to solve it? Or not really? :p
I think that'd be great! Granted, it would be most beneficial for waterbenders, because Earth doesn't really have any source selection moves that have "duel" uses. It'd be useful for earth if Shift is blocked.

Here's another thing to take into consideration: can the Chiblocker use Paralyze #1 and Paralyze #2 one right after the other? So, a chiblocker goes up to a player and Hits them with paralyze by just clicking. Then right afterwards they hit them with paralyze by Shifting and Clicking. Would both Shifting and Clicking be blocked then? I think there should only be one at a time. That way, it would make it more interesting for both the chiblocker and the bender. The chiblocker could see what element the player is, what moves he has available, and determine which would be best to block based off of the moves he would/wouldn't be able to use: Click or Shift.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think that'd be great! Granted, it would be most beneficial for waterbenders, because Earth doesn't really have any source selection moves that have "duel" uses. It'd be useful for earth if Shift is blocked.

Here's another thing to take into consideration: can the Chiblocker use Paralyze #1 and Paralyze #2 one right after the other? So, a chiblocker goes up to a player and Hits them with paralyze by just clicking. Then right afterwards they hit them with paralyze by Shifting and Clicking. Would both Shifting and Clicking be blocked then? I think there should only be one at a time. That way, it would make it more interesting for both the chiblocker and the bender. The chiblocker could see what element the player is, what moves he has available, and determine which would be best to block based off of the moves he would/wouldn't be able to use: Click or Shift.
I already said something about that in the main post ;)

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
I think this would be really cool, but I have to agree with @BlueGhost in that most moves would become impossible, especially for water. Though, I would prefer that to not being able to move at all.
I see the concerns about what it does to waterbending, but keep in mind, @BlueGhost , how it currently works is you can't move at all. Even if it's a little tricky to move around and bend, you'll still be able to move around and bend, which you couldn't before.

On a separate note, I like the realism this adds to Chi-Blocking. Paralysis in the show didn't necessarily mean they were frozen in place, it just made them slower, clumsier, unable to bend, or move very far from where they were standing. All significant effects, but still worlds away from total paralysis.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
I see the concerns about what it does to waterbending, but keep in mind, @BlueGhost , how it currently works is you can't move at all. Even if it's a little tricky to move around and bend, you'll still be able to move around and bend, which you couldn't before.

On a separate note, I like the realism this adds to Chi-Blocking. Paralysis in the show didn't necessarily mean they were frozen in place, it just made them slower, clumsier, unable to bend, or move very far from where they were standing. All significant effects, but still worlds away from total paralysis.
Sure! I know that and even if what I suggested for the source selection isn't put into consideration I would still support this change.
It's really a change for the best and I totally loved Finn's ideia! :D

All I'm trying is to make it equal to all elements when fighting a Chi Blocker, just what sounds fair for me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.