• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Realistic Paralyse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorin

Verified Member
@Finn_Bueno_ you never cease to amaze me. Such creativity, imagination, and basic understandings of coding. Even not has a coder, your explanations were spot on. I understood the codes and stuff, but this change is great.

This is realistic because when Korra fought equalists; the equalists paralyzed her but the paralysis only prevents her from bending not her general movement:

dat hook kick to a leg sweep tho. I love dis gif xD

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
They actually did indeed paralyze her, leaving her felt down to the ground with Mako. Also, If they actually did try to do paralyze of the sake to just blocking her bending but not immobilizing her, it wouldn't then be called PaRaLyZe ,would it? Pay attention to what words you are using ;)
Who says the right term is being used here? In our world paralyze is meant to immobilize someone, but you don't know about that world.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
They actually did indeed paralyze her, leaving her felt down to the ground with Mako. Also, If they actually did try to do paralyze of the sake to just blocking her bending but not immobilizing her, it wouldn't then be called PaRaLyZe ,would it? Pay attention to what words you are using ;)
There are things that separate Minecraft Bending and Avatar Bending, for the sake of Minecraft Bending, there are just some realism sacrifices we have to make to improve gameplay. And making a bender "fall" down is not exactly what I impicture chiblocking. They are technically immobilizing her bending. I just don't know, but for me, paralyzing her bending would maintain more balance than full out immobilizing the bender's entire movement..

Hero

Verified Member
Ello people!

I've been reading the recent discussions on the forums about the chi blocker's ability 'paralyse'. This ability is completely unrealistic IMO. So, I thought about a change for it. Here's my idea.

Paralyse would get 2 uses. The first one is activated by just clicking, the second one by clicking + shifting.

1. When you hit your opponent, without holding shift, the 'PlayerAnimationEvent' would get cancelled for as long as the duration says in the config. This means, that the opponent is not able to left click, for as long as the duration says in the config.
  2. When you hit your opponent, while holding shift, the 'PlayerToggleSneakEvent' would get cancelled for as long as he duration says in the config. This means, that the opponent is not able to shift, for as long as the duration says in the config.
Both options represent blocking the chi paths in one of the limbs of the body of the target. The first option blocks the chi paths in the arms, the second options blocks the chi paths in the legs.

Both options would activate a cooldown. There could be 2 options for cooldowns, the first one is activated by just hitting, the second one if you hold shift as well.

Lemme know what you think! :)
If you don't like this idea, please tell me WHY! :)

- Finn
I dont like this. This can be easily done with QuickStrike and SwiftKick

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I dont like this. This can be easily done with QuickStrike and SwiftKick
Reread it then please, it is a completely different concept that simply can't be achieved yet. It's also a replacement for the current Paralyze.

IceEyes

Verified Member
I hope when its possible, it will get added. Most people hate Chi-Blockers because of their paralyze move, which is indeed op. So this would be the perfect replacement.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I see the concerns about what it does to waterbending, but keep in mind, @BlueGhost , how it currently works is you can't move at all. Even if it's a little tricky to move around and bend, you'll still be able to move around and bend, which you couldn't before.
Not sure what you mean by that, but I found one flaw with waterbending and earthbending to be change how BlueGhost said that: If PlayerAnimationEven and PlayerToggleSneakEvent does infact stop the player from clicking and not the trigger to bend, then WB and EB would be able shift and click when selecting their source. This won't make any sense for them to move while others cannot, and this might even be hardd/conflicting to make this happen, as it would be probably impossible for the game to know whenever the player is about to select the source, to activate the corresponding event for the player to accomplish the thing (unless this events only stops the vanilla interactions but not the bendings).

So I think the only solution to go around this, by disabling the triggers to bend for every bender instead, allowing them to only just normally click/shift.

Does that make any sense? I hope what I said is intelligible.

HydroMan

Verified Member
How about right clicking on a player would cancel out sprinting ability (as if the chiblocker paralysed one leg). And if right clicked in a row on that player (if right clicked after 2 seconds one time, a cooldown would happen) it will cancel the players capability to walk (as to show that the chiblocker has hit both of the legs of the player's in a row).
So Finn, what do u think?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Who says the right term is being used here? In our world paralyze is meant to immobilize someone, but you don't know about that world.
Thats what I pretty much said, lol. Paralyze shouldn't be called paralyze, if it doesn't stop the victim from moving.

HydroMan

Verified Member
There are things that separate Minecraft Bending and Avatar Bending, for the sake of Minecraft Bending, there are just some realism sacrifices we have to make to improve gameplay. And making a bender "fall" down is not exactly what I impicture chiblocking. They are technically immobilizing her bending. I just don't know, but for me, paralyzing her bending would maintain more balance than full out immobilizing the bender's entire movement..
I was saying paralyze shoudn'tbe call paralyze, if...

Thats what I pretty much said, lol. Paralyze shouldn't be called paralyze, if it doesn't stop the victim from moving.

Green

Verified Member
I actually really do think paralyze should be changed because as of now it is so unrealistic and I think this fixes it. But may be make it to where you have a certain chance to make them stop moving for a second.

Loony

Verified Member
I like the general idea of players not being able to click / hold shift for a certain period of time but I think it should be a build up rather than just click or hold shift and click to activate this.
Because the general idea is good, I'm placing this looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.