• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

ProjectKorra 1.8.4 has been released!

Lotta countries did slavery.. that was bad. Just cuz the majority use something doesn't mean it isn't bad lol
Though I wish you explained how it is bad, because I don't what you meant in that strange anology (jedcore isn't moral? I don't think that argument fits at all).

Why I think jedcore is good :
While I dislike its abilities because most of them are badly organized (not extented to existing stockss, but come in standalone ability, unlike his healingwaters ability), but a lot of them really do spice the game (earthbending abilities except Kick and Line, Breaths, wake fishing, meditate, backstab), and some are really better and logical/realistic than the stocks (icewall > surge, bloodbending, bloodpuppet, fireski, discharge). It has unbalance&unorganized features in here and there, but the good things listed outweigh it for me.

Yes, I did use to hate it, but I change my mind a little bit and though it's not really that bad. Of course, I believe PK can make it better If it devour that side plugin. ;)

TFORTNT

Hey everyone, OmniCypher here! I am glad to announce that ProjectKorra build 1.8.4 just went live! You can download it here. This build works with both Spigot 1.11 and 1.12 and should work with Spigot 1.10 although this has not been extensively tested. We added a bunch of great config options and tweaks we think you guys will really enjoy. Let's get on to the changelog!

Build Changelog:

- Updated to 1.12
> Tested backward compatibility with 1.11, should maintain compatibility with 1.10 and 1.9 as well.​

Additions:
- Re-added Octopus Forms ability to freeze the water you walk on.
- Added missing descriptions and instructions for Paralyze and Rapid Punch.
- Added speed configuration option for Phase Change.
> Determines the speed at which Phase Change melts blocks.​
- Added Fire Manipulation. (Still a work in progress)
> Hold shift to draw a shield of fire that will protect you from oncoming attacks!
> After you draw that shield, click to fire them forwards towards your enemies!​
- Added a drop item configuration option for Earth Tunnel.
> Determines whether Earth Tunnel will drop items if Earth reversion is off.​
- Added angle configuration option to Catapult.
> Determines the max angle one can launch themselves at.​
- Added cancelWithAngle configuration option to Catapult.
> Determines whether an incorrect angle will cancel the move from happening as opposed to just correcting it.​
- Added additional melt functionality to Phase Change causing snow layers to melt one at a time.
- Added configuration options to customize elemental sounds.
> NOTE: Make sure you are only using sounds from your current game version! A list can be found here.​
- Added a proper README.md to the ProjectKorra GitHub repository.
- Added unbindable message to the '/projectkorra bind' command.
- Added duration configuration options for JetBlast and JetBlaze.
- Added height and radius configuration options for FireWheel.
- Added speed configuration options for FireSpin and FireKick.
- Added 'add [player]' subcommand to the '/projectkorra add' command.

Fixes:
- Fixed various NullPointerExceptions.
- Fixed a typo in the description for Shockwave.
- Fixed Water Spout not working on Packed Ice.
- Fixed Surge and WaterArms not properly removing plant source blocks.
- Fixed Passives not enabling after toggling all bending with the '/projectkorra toggle all' command.
- Fixed Spectator players being targetted by bending abilities.
- Fixed ParticleAPI having the 'dragonbreath' particle and the 'endrod' particle swapped.
- Fixed potential lag caused by lighting updates in Shockwave.
- Fixed Illumination not functioning.
- Fixed Catapult being usable on non-earth blocks.
- Fixed ability collisions.
- Fixed odd selection range with snow blocks.
- Fixed Ice Blast not working with Phase Change ice.
- Fixed Bending Preview not displaying Multiability moves.
- Fixed Density Shift passive affecting lava.
- Fixed AllowNaturalFlow configuration option for Lava Flow.
- Fixed auto tab mistake in the '/projectkorra add' command.
- Fixed many nonfunctioning AvatarState moves/configuration problems. (Still in the works)

Changes:
- Changed our metrics system from PluginMetrics to bStats.
> ProjectKorra's page can be found here.​
- Changed Earth Armor so that being paralyzed/hit by a Chiblocker immediately disables the ability.
- Moved all Combo's into their own respective classes.

(Sadly, I cannot make the colors match. I have tried :()

Recodes:
- Recoded Water Bubble. (Still a work in progress)
> Very similar in behavior to the old version but much for aesthetically pleasing.
> Added a requireAir configuration option to stop people from creating air pockets underwater.
> Added a clickDuration configuration option to determine how long the click burst will last.​

Removals:
- Removed Air Bubble.
- Removed Firebending passive which allowed firebenders to extinguish themselves faster.

Wow! That's a lot of stuff! Huge shout out to @StrangeOne101 and @Simplicitee who both put in a ton of hours with me to get this build out today. Hope you all enjoy it.
I don't understand...in the removals section, Air bubble was removed? You even pointed out in the chart that air is the least picked element. Like what were u thinking on that one? "air is already the least picked element, lets remove air bubble and make air extinct like in the show!"

I don't understand...in the removals section, Air bubble was removed? You even pointed out in the chart that air is the least picked element. Like what were u thinking on that one? "air is already the least picked element, lets remove air bubble and make air extinct like in the show!"
It was removed because it isnt canon at all, that scene where aang and katara made a bubble, they both used waterbubble. Thats wherw thw mistake was, cus we assumed aang couldnt do that yet (quote me if im wrong)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D722 met Tapatalk

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
That chart was just an example and has a sample of about 5 people. That isn't the real statistics of who chooses what lol. We'll find that out later down the line.

It was removed because it wasn't canon and it's been in the plans for a while. Plus it was a good time since WaterBubble got an overhaul

1. To clarify: one of the least picked elements, along with earthbending (which also got SandSpout removed) and chi blocking, so I don't see what's the fuss about that. The Chart shows all the three being at 14.3%
2. Bubble abilities are barely used anyways, so it's not like somebody will choose airbending just for the sakes of travelling underwater or just air bubble in my opinion. That in my book is not a relative factor to why airbending is rarely used, although not denying it might have a slight impact nontheless.
3. Adding to #2, it really doesn't fit to airbending. Yes, in theory and by logic any air bender could create a bubble, in canon none of them did and it's not a generic/classic ability (because nobody used it).

TFORTNT

That chart was just an example and has a sample of about 5 people. That isn't the real statistics of who chooses what lol. We'll find that out later down the line.

It was removed because it wasn't canon and it's been in the plans for a while. Plus it was a good time since WaterBubble got an overhaul
That would have been helpful info to state up there...

that would have been helpful info to know =/. Also, I enjoyed air bubble and in the movie when he only knew air, he said he made an air bubble around him.

TFORTNT

1. To clarify: one of the least picked elements, along with earthbending (which also got SandSpout removed) and chi blocking, so I don't see what's the fuss about that. The Chart shows all the three being at 14.3%
2. Bubble abilities are barely used anyways, so it's not like somebody will choose airbending just for the sakes of travelling underwater or just air bubble in my opinion. That in my book is not a relative factor to why airbending is rarely used, although not denying it might have a slight impact nontheless.
3. Adding to #2, it really doesn't fit to airbending. Yes, in theory and by logic any air bender could create a bubble, in canon none of them did and it's not a generic/classic ability (because nobody used it).
What I'm trying to say is air barely gets any new moves...air punch is the last move added and hat was months ago. I also a
Had air bubble in my move slot so it kind of ticked me off more. On top of that, there isn't really any move usefull to me, unless they change the funnel burst into a cool down instead of a hold shift.

What I'm trying to say is air barely gets any new moves
Which isn't the only one. Chiblocking too, but I believe others too. Now let's count what moves does all elements get since PK era. I'll do a list for my sakes of refreshing memory

Airbending:
Suffocation
Flight
AirSweep
AirStream
Twister

Waterbending:
Iceblast
WaterArms.
IceBullet
Waterwave
PlantArmor (once introduced, but removed later on)

Earthbending:
EarthSmash
Lavaflow
Extraction
MetalClips
SandSpout (once introduced, but removed later on)

Firebending:
FireManipulation
Combustion

Chi Blocking:
Immobilize
QuickStrike
Acrobatstance
SwiftKick
Smokescreen
WarriorStance

Yeah, fire barely got anything new (one ability: just recently firemanipulation), followed by earthbending and waterbending same exact amout, while airbending being the THIRD, with chi blocking forth. Summary: airbending is the almost not the first one to have MORE moves than any other fighting style.

Not including custom abilities, since complaining that to PK would be just pointless as complaining to a minecraft developer why not add more horse breeds when an X mod includes more spiders. I hate to remind what custom abilities stand for, but people tend to forget tha.

On top of that, there isn't really any move usefull to me, unless they change the funnel burst into a cool down instead of a hold shift.
What is funnel burst though? If that's an ability, I can tell it's not even an official move.

Last edited:

TFORTNT

Which isn't the only one. Chiblocking too, but I believe others too. Now let's count what moves does all elements get since PK era. I'll do a list for my sakes of refreshing memory

Airbending:
Suffocation
Flight
AirSweep
AirStream
Twister

Waterbending:
Iceblast
WaterArms.
IceBullet
Waterwave
PlantArmor (once introduced, but removed later on)

Earthbending:
EarthSmash
Lavaflow
Extraction
MetalClips
SandSpout (once introduced, but removed later on)

Firebending:
FireManipulation
Combustion

Chi Blocking:
Immobilize
QuickStrike
Acrobatstance
SwiftKick
Smokescreen
WarriorStance

Yeah, fire barely got anything new (one ability: just recently firemanipulation), followed by earthbending and waterbending same exact amout, while airbending being the THIRD, with chi blocking forth. Summary: airbending is the almost not the first one to have MORE moves than any other fighting style.

Not including custom abilities, since complaining that to PK would be just pointless as complaining to a minecraft developer why not add more horse breeds when an X mod includes more spiders. I hate to remind what custom abilities stand for, but people tend to forget tha.

What is funnel burst though? If that's an ability, I can tell it's not even an official move.
Funnel burst is air burst but instead of letting go of shift, you click in a direction. Also, fire got fire manipulation, water got fixes with moves such as octopus form or the new water bubble animation. Not to mention earth had catapult fixed with not being able to catapult on earth block. Chi is in the same boat as air...barely any new moves.

Last edited:
I'm sure air will get something in the other upcoming update. AirJump ability is planned to be implanted, and there are hints for Tornado getting a change.

TFORTNT

I'm sure air will get something in the other upcoming update. AirJump ability is planned to be implanted, and there are hints for Tornado getting a change.
I'm just gonna hope that a staff member sees this post, because all I want is for air burst's funnel burst to change to a cool down instead of holding shift to charge it up. You lose a lot of mobility and that can cause you a fight. In the bending server I play in, you barely see anyone using air burst as it take too long to charge up. And yes "why don't you just jump up and charge it in the air" because there are better things i can do in that time such as getting a combo on him or planning my next move. That's all.