• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

ProjectKorra 1.8.4 has been released!

I just think that we realy need THIS fireshield and also will be good if Firemanipulation will be just like a mirror ability like Wan`s.

Becuz we can just delete same items from your hands just by LClicking and tapping Q
Or by using Blaze. Blaze deletes items.
I just think that we realy need THIS fireshield and also will be good if Firemanipulation will be just like a mirror ability like Wan`s.
Which was done only ONCE. I think it would make sense If we keep this redirection concept to Water and Earth only, because they are really iconic in those particular elements.

I wish I could say the same for OctopusForm, but oh well! They promise they won't delete it, even though its pointless and planned features can just be inserted to WaterArms.

With lighting? Yes, but not with fire. Like I said, IIRC only Wan redirected fire. Firebenders might as well know how to redirect combustion beams, but based of lack evidence it is likely it won't be implanted. Same would go for fire, despite the fact that was set "looking into" (the tag might have meant something in the past, but today I doubt so with its whole debate).

xNuminousx

but not with fire.
Why not with Fire though? We may not have seen the literal term of "redirection" shown in episodes other than when Wan did it, but they were certainly capable of it. You forget that the Fire Nation spent 100 years teaching young benders that fire was all about aggression and power. However, people who strayed from those beliefs showed it was about so much more. For example, when Fire Nation soldiers attacked Jeong Jeong, he redirected their fire back at them and used that opportunity to disappear. Your basing that idea on the "power and aggression" of firebending, not the style that was taught for thousands of years before that. Jeong Jeong knew the ancient styles and he used redirection. Wan was sort of the "creator" of firebending methods and he redirected fire. Iroh strayed from typical Fire Nation beliefs and he took redirection to a whole new level by implementing it into Lightningbending. There's no reason why actual fire should not be redirected. It was shown many times in the show, more than once.

Why not with Fire though? We may not have seen the literal term of "redirection" shown in episodes other than when Wan did it, but they were certainly capable of it. You forget that the Fire Nation spent 100 years teaching young benders that fire was all about aggression and power. However, people who strayed from those beliefs showed it was about so much more. For example, when Fire Nation soldiers attacked Jeong Jeong, he redirected their fire back at them and used that opportunity to disappear. Your basing that idea on the "power and aggression" of firebending, not the style that was taught for thousands of years before that. Jeong Jeong knew the ancient styles and he used redirection. Wan was sort of the "creator" of firebending methods and he redirected fire. Iroh strayed from typical Fire Nation beliefs and he took redirection to a whole new level by implementing it into Lightningbending. There's no reason why actual fire should not be redirected. It was shown many times in the show, more than once.
He didn't redirect. He formed and expanded is own and it was a shield.

Yes, I'm basing on "power and aggression", because that's how it was essentially and that's the emphasis of it. In reverse would go probably go for airbenders: these are people (after harmonic convergence) who out of blue became airbenders, weren't originated as nomads and they might at any time and change their intentions and become Zaheer-violent-wanna-be's. If we want to keep elements diversive, let's give them downfalls, not just pron's application. Would you want airbenders to have 7 offensive abilities?

Redirection is a defensive tactic, but fires should lack of that.

To sum points. No diversity = boring elements.

xNuminousx

because that's how it was essentially and that's the emphasis of it.
That's how it was during the 100 year war, not before. As the Sun Warriors say, and how Zuko demonstrates, the true meaning of fire was lost over time due to the 100 year war; and I'm sure other events before hand led to the downfall of the traditional teachings.

No diversity = boring elements.
By keeping fire strictly offensive is HELPING the spread of no diversity. Fire was way more diverse and useful than just attacks. However, during the 100 year war, attacks and power were the only things that mattered.

There were many different styles of fighting for each element, we saw this in the show. For example, Aang was a defensive Airbender where Zaheer was a more offensive Airbender. Katara specializes in redirection of waterbending where Ming Hua was more offensive/agile. And for fire, Zhao was more about offense and control where Jeong Jeong was more defensive and manipulative. We should extend on a few styles of fighting for each element to fit the element for many different personalities. For example, JedCore adds more attack moves for Air. Meaning if someone was more like Zaheer, they could be a more offensive Airbender. Whereas it also adds some mobility like AirBreath and AirGlide; because of this, you could be more like Aang if you chose. Having each elements be more diverse in their own ways helps the plugin stay true to the show where there were many different fighters of many different styles. Adding some redirection abilities to fire will allow a player to either choose the more traditional route of firebending, if they so choose, or they can focus more on quick, powerful attacks if they want to.

By keeping fire strictly offensive is HELPING the spread of no diversity.
I meant being diversive FROM other elements. You got firejet (transportation), offensive abilities (fireblast, blaze) and a potential improved shield in the future (firemanip).

Having each elements be more diverse in their own ways helps the plugin stay true to the show where there were many different fighters of many different styles.
That would make every element same and boring If all of them one and equal.

For example, Aang was a defensive Airbender where Zaheer was a more offensive Airbender. Katara specializes in redirection of waterbending where Ming Hua was more offensive/agile. And for fire, Zhao was more about offense and control where Jeong Jeong was more defensive and manipulative. We should extend on a few styles of fighting for each element to fit the element for many different personalities.
All of that can be already recreated with existing abilities.

For example, JedCore adds more attack moves for Air.
Which ruins airbending. Firebending 0.2 right there. We have

Meaning if someone was more like Zaheer, they could be a more offensive Airbender.
Even without it, you still can be offensive, IF you like (suffocation, airswipe and airsweep). Though that doesn't mean that the bending art itself shouldn't be dedicated/emphasis of relying only to "avoid and evade". Jedcore has overexaggrated by bringing too many of being offensive that leaves 9 out of 10 airbenders to become Zaheer-alikes. Jedcore made airbending firebending.... If that makes sense.

Having each elements be more diverse in their own ways helps the plugin stay true to the show where there were many different fighters of many different styles.
Yes, but if you over do it by bringing overexceed numbers that outclass the standards: airbending becomes offensive, firebending - defensive.

xNuminousx

So your argument is that allowing Fire to have redirection will ruin firebending... Adding a feature such as being able to redirect a FireBlast, which is 100% possible, is going to ruin the element by making it too much like a different element... I would disagree. There are different ways you can achieve a redirection to "spice" it up a bit. Water and Earth both have their basic attacks redirectable by clicking the blast, so to keep from things getting "boring" use a different function. You could extend the Lightning function. Where you hold shift while looking at the oncoming blast, it sits there as a ball of fire while you hold shift, then when you release it shoots off as a normal fireblast. There's no logcial reason this shouldn't happen, by looking at the show. It's a different type of redirection for a basic ability. It would continue the same type of redirection already set in the element of Fire.

Whether or not an Airbender fights offensive or defensive should be their choice. The benders in the show had their choice of fighting style, so should the players. I get the idea that the direction for the plugin is to make it close to the show while keeping it diverse and fun. It'd be boring if EVERY firebender you came across was focused on attacks, which I see a lot. However, even with JedCore, which you said made Air too offensive, I see many different Air styles. I see some people abusing the extra offensive abilities, and I see some stay traditional and rely on mobility. That's mainly what I like about JedCore, it allows the player to choose their style rather than keep the style set by Pk. You say an Airbender could still main in offensive with default Pk (using AirSwipe, AirSweep and Suffocate) well typically AirSweep has a decent cooldown and Suffocate is difficult to land with most Configs, and is almost completely ineffective in speedy combat. Spamming AirSwipe makes you unliked (From what I've seen) which also makes you a target, when you're not liked.

The elements are similar and different at the same time. I think keeping an element restricted to one style of fighting would be bad, kind of sounds like a dictatorship. Saying you can only fight this way, not the other ways. Typically, people will choose the easiest and most effective way of fighting which is too be expected. That's why the Fire Nation was able to achieve a 100 year war, because they were the most "powerful" element. I just think players should have the choice to their own style and adding in Redirection will add to their options. It's possible, it could look cool, it makes Fire more diverse and would make an arena more diverse.

So your argument is that allowing Fire to have redirection will ruin firebending... Adding a feature such as being able to redirect a FireBlast, which is 100% possible, is going to ruin the element by making it too much like a different element... I would disagree. There are different ways you can achieve a redirection to "spice" it up a bit. Water and Earth both have their basic attacks redirectable by clicking the blast, so to keep from things getting "boring" use a different function. You could extend the Lightning function. Where you hold shift while looking at the oncoming blast, it sits there as a ball of fire while you hold shift, then when you release it shoots off as a normal fireblast. There's no logcial reason this shouldn't happen, by looking at the show. It's a different type of redirection for a basic ability. It would continue the same type of redirection already set in the element of Fire.

Whether or not an Airbender fights offensive or defensive should be their choice. The benders in the show had their choice of fighting style, so should the players. I get the idea that the direction for the plugin is to make it close to the show while keeping it diverse and fun. It'd be boring if EVERY firebender you came across was focused on attacks, which I see a lot. However, even with JedCore, which you said made Air too offensive, I see many different Air styles. I see some people abusing the extra offensive abilities, and I see some stay traditional and rely on mobility. That's mainly what I like about JedCore, it allows the player to choose their style rather than keep the style set by Pk. You say an Airbender could still main in offensive with default Pk (using AirSwipe, AirSweep and Suffocate) well typically AirSweep has a decent cooldown and Suffocate is difficult to land with most Configs, and is almost completely ineffective in speedy combat. Spamming AirSwipe makes you unliked (From what I've seen) which also makes you a target, when you're not liked.

The elements are similar and different at the same time. I think keeping an element restricted to one style of fighting would be bad, kind of sounds like a dictatorship. Saying you can only fight this way, not the other ways. Typically, people will choose the easiest and most effective way of fighting which is too be expected. That's why the Fire Nation was able to achieve a 100 year war, because they were the most "powerful" element. I just think players should have the choice to their own style and adding in Redirection will add to their options. It's possible, it could look cool, it makes Fire more diverse and would make an arena more diverse.

Agreed. I dont have anything else to say

Which was done only ONCE. I think it would make sense If we keep this redirection concept to Water and Earth only, because they are really iconic in those particular elements.

I wish I could say the same for OctopusForm, but oh well! They promise they won't delete it, even though its pointless and planned features can just be inserted to WaterArms.
Listen :Р I mean that firebender do not need to burd the earth to destroy the items
Just remember Zuko with a scoll
And then:
Tap shift with fireshots/firepunch > keep the item in a left hand
Looks kind a familiar, is not it ? :Р)))
Then you can just change slot with fireshield, tap F and then you know :Р

I mean that Ya, we can dlt same items with blaze, but
With Blaze ?
You can hurt yourself and the other selfs
And you can also burn samethink that you wont to burn :Р

And what about jedcore ?
Jedcore is just a part of earth, thaOkay, stop it >:Р). Jedcore is just a part of PK
And together they makes samethink that all the benders and nonbenders can use it the way how they wants
And i agree xNuminousx, as you can see :Р Why ? Becuz i know what he is talking about.
We need DC and we need it becuz it is PK
Do you realy want to play without PK ? I do not think so :Р.
I know, but i do not have a words to describe it

Ironically enough, when something (*cough* Jedcore *cough*) does bring, but overdoes the "choose your style" spectrum, people then choose it and sticks with it without mixing up with other and utilizing the dedicatin elemet's empasis principle.

This is great example with Jedcore, hence dishoronable mention. After its installed, all elements just become one, because it introduced overexaggrated number of offensive arsenal. Airbending - agility and OFFENSIVE; Earthbending offensive (raiseearth is rarely used, don't know why); Water - OFFENSIVE, even IceWall is used for offensive purposes when it can be placed at any angle and then get scattered, Fire obviously and agree that it is and should stay OFFENSIVE. Now, tell me, where diversity in that? Oh yes, they still have the choice to be focused to use other stuff, but how many of there would be? 1 out of 8 ratio? That's really diversive I gotta say!

We should give firebenders 7 types of shied. Let's make a few of those powerful, according to you, because it would definantly bring people a "choice" how to fight, thus give "diversity" a birth.

We may not have seen the literal term of "redirection" shown in episodes other than when Wan did it, but they were certainly capable of it.
Because they will definantly abuse it, like frost breath.

Water and Earth both have their basic attacks redirectable by clicking the blast, so to keep from things getting "boring" use a different function.
They aren't borings when other elements can't redirect. The Reason those two can redirect because it was iconic in the show, while for firebending - no. Not talking about lighting manipulation, because its obviously iconic and I agree its direction should stay.

Whether or not an Airbender fights offensive or defensive should be their choice.
Agree, but offensive shouldn't be dedicated. Jedcore now engages them to be more offensive/firebender-alike than anything. If you don't wanna spam air swipe, literally switch things around utilizing only stocks. Airblast your opponent, then position tornado at them, air swipe, then twister, then airswipe again ect.

The elements are similar and different at the same time.
They aren't, despite their looks. Firebending and Waterbending alike brothers regarding STOCK techniques, even jedcore. Jedcore makes AirBending and EarthBending both brothers with Jedcore. Ironically, it contradicts Katara's idea: "Aang, if fire and water are opposites, then what's the opposite of air?" (the answer is obvious there).

Last edited:
I wouldn't call it restricting, but with the term "limited". You still can be defensive firebender, but you should be encouraged (not forced) to be offensive. Like with my real example, benders of all elements would become violent people, rarely using other principles such as defense, especally elements that emphasis it (airbending), If we provide outproporcial numers and unrestricted methods of choosing an other style than the one the element is based off.

And what about jedcore ?
Jedcore is just a part of earth, thaOkay, stop it >:Р). Jedcore is just a part of PK
And together they makes samethink that all the benders and nonbenders can use it the way how they wants
And i agree xNuminousx, as you can see :Р Why ? Becuz i know what he is talking about.
We need DC and we need it becuz it is PK
Do you realy want to play without PK ? I do not think so :Р.
I know, but i do not have a words to describe it
- And what about it?
- Don't mean "Jedcore includes earth abilties"? Don't understand your english there, sorry.
- thaOkay? thaWhat
- I agree. As a custom side plugin, Jedcore is a part of Jedcore obviously.
- What's DC?
I didn't say or imply I wanna play without PK. That's the only reason I play minecraft, lol
ok

Ironically enough, when something (*cough* Jedcore *cough*) does bring, but overdoes the "choose your style" spectrum, people then choose it and sticks with it without mixing up with other and utilizing the dedicatin elemet's empasis principle.

This is great example with Jedcore, hence dishoronable mention. After its installed, all elements just become one, because it introduced overexaggrated number of offensive arsenal. Airbending - agility and OFFENSIVE; Earthbending offensive (raiseearth is rarely used, don't know why); Water - OFFENSIVE, even IceWall is used for offensive purposes when it can be placed at any angle and then get scattered, Fire obviously and agree that it is and should stay OFFENSIVE. Now, tell me, where diversity in that? Oh yes, they still have the choice to be focused to use other stuff, but how many of there would be? 1 out of 8 ratio? That's really diversive I gotta say!

We should give firebenders 7 types of shied. Let's make a few of those powerful, according to you, because it would definantly bring people a "choice" how to fight, thus give "diversity" a birth.

Because they will definantly abuse it, like frost breath.

They aren't borings when other elements can't redirect. The Reason those two can redirect because it was iconic in the show, while for firebending- no

Agree, but offensive shouldn't be dedicated. Jedcore now engages them to be more offensive/firebender-alike than anything.

They aren't, despite their looks. Firebending and Waterbending alike brothers regarding STOCK techniques, even jedcore. Jedcore makes AirBending and EarthBending both brothers with Jedcore. Ironically, it contradicts Katara's idea: "Aang, if fire and water are opposites, then what's the opposite of air?" (the answer is obvious there).
You know :Р Earthbenders can also use Earthkick to block attacks
And you can tap sneak with earthblast when it is in air to destroy it
Then Water :Р Waterbenders can use Surge and Icewall to stop the attacks
And Drain to block same basics and than release sneak to dodge from the most powerful attack
Do not tall me that we do not have a shield.
Airbenders has the only one move, but there is also the passives
ANd Airshield is op to block, if you only tap sneak in fight you can destroy the others attack
But fire
Firebenders has only one move that is not so good as Air move is
BUT
We can block a lot of combos, basics
Burst and arraws, potions.

Ohh, and we can also use Fireblast, EarthBlast, Airswipe and Watermanipulation to block the basics :Р

(And Earthkick is OP to block)

- And what about it?
- Don't mean "Jedcore includes earth abilties"? Don't understand your english there, sorry.
- thaOkay? thaWhat
- I agree. As a custom side plugin, Jedcore is a part of Jedcore obviously.
- What's DC?
I didn't say or imply I wanna play without PK. That's the only reason I play minecraft, lol
ok
:Р Are you so stupid or what alse ? DC is JedCore (Sorry about D )
ThaOkay is A Part of joke, read it again please.