• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Probending Specific Moves

djmyernos

Okay I'm spitballing, here's some very very rough concepts of

~~Problocking~~

Two teams of 2 chiblockers each. One player is the Striker, the other is the Shielder. The pitch is a circle shape, divided into 4 sections like so:

This is surrounded by an iron dome, as a barrier.

Each team takes a hemisphere, and are aiming to strike the other team into a single quarter, while holding 3/4 themselves. This corner can be any corner at all, so long as both are there.

Strikers spend the match in AcrobatStance, and can only use QuickStrike, RapidPunch, and SwiftKick. These are your offensive guys.
Shielders spend the match in WarriorStance, and can only use Paralyze, SmokeScreen and are permitted 4 HighJumps per round.

To make life more interesting, now and then, the pitch changes. Water comes from the ceiling, and soon goes, a quarter ignites, etc. Randomized, no warnings, max of 3 events in a match.

A match has 3 rounds, the winner is decided on a 2 out of 3 basis. Each round lasts exactly 3 minutes. If this is exceeded, it's a draw, and a 1v1 from a player from each team takes place to decide.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to submit any ideas to this! I want this to be a proper community effort 8)
The ProBlocking sounds like a cool idea. It would at least make Chi a little bit more fun. As far as airbenders in ProBending, I think it should be configurable. That way, if a server owner/admin wants to keep the server canon to the show, then he could disable airbending. At the same time, another admin on another server might be fine with it, so he can enable airbending. Also, I feel like airbenders would kind of have an unfair advantage at ProBending, because they could just spam airblast and knock the other team right off. But of course, I'm sure there is a way around that as well.

Loony

I'm not sure if the disc throw with the slab is possible because I'm not a coder, but it does sound pretty cool and more realistic to probending. I think Earthbender's should be able to catch the disc and throw it back, kinda how earth smash works.

The water one.. I'm not sure, I think water manipulation would be fine for it.

For the fire punch, it would be cool to have it as like an arch. Maybe you would have to fire it at an angle and it curves around to hit the player, and it could go in all different directions depeneding on how you fire it.

Last edited:
V

Vidcom

I'm accepting this, but we have stated Airbending will be a config option for the sport. If an edit was made to compensate for that, this would be perfect tbh.
As for concerns of Air being OP by sending tornados or something, the element will just be as limited as the others surely?

Varni1

That is just how the game was played. The reason there were no airbenders, was because there was never enough of them! They were basically extinct. If you think about it, air would be far too powerful for a probending match. Airbenders could simply send a tornado across the arena and push the other team off.
Plus, isn't there rules to probending? Server owners can easily make rules about probending and limit an airbender's power in an arena.

HydroMan

~~Problocking~~

Two teams of 2 chiblockers each. One player is the Striker, the other is the Shielder. The pitch is a circle shape, divided into 4 sections like so:

Each team takes a hemisphere, and are aiming to strike the other team into a single quarter, while holding 3/4 themselves. This corner can be any corner at all, so long as both are there.

Strikers spend the match in AcrobatStance, and can only use QuickStrike, RapidPunch, and SwiftKick. These are your offensive guys.
Shielders spend the match in WarriorStance, and can only use Paralyze, SmokeScreen and are permitted 4 HighJumps per round.

To make life more interesting, now and then, the pitch changes. Water comes from the ceiling, and soon goes, a quarter ignites, etc. Randomized, no warnings, max of 3 events in a match.

A match has 3 rounds, the winner is decided on a 2 out of 3 basis. Each round lasts exactly 3 minutes. If this is exceeded, it's a draw, and a 1v1 from a player from each team takes place to decide.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to submit any ideas to this! I want this to be a proper community effort 8)
Anybody tried building and applying this game? Can anyone build it for us to play?

~~Problocking~~

i think i could build a prototype if you want :)

HydroMan

i think i could build a prototype if you want :)
Well, since Robag opted to make the academy, would you be interested in taking his work over me? ;)

Back to the thread: I like it, but I wish EarthBlast already acted as EarthDisc, seeing how it lifts the block the way how like the earthbenders usually when OUTSIDE of probending brawl. Haven't check all the replies, just took a quick glimse of a few. When I'll have time, I will check them.

ETA:
Look, I wouldnt turn an Airbender if I just wanted to smack everyone. We ALL have seen what the most basic air move can do. The airblast launches the opponents away just with a click. Air Nomads' bending is basicly defense (BASICLY, not all). If we are going to put Airbenders in Probending, they should be only have the defence function. Also, not all the sports should be able to all benders to practise (-se or -ce?). How can a Waterbender play that Earthbending football? How can a Firebender play Frost Heart? ALL kind of benders should have their own sports, like earlier suggested. (If you add airbenders to PB, you would have to add Chi blockers too :p) :3
Frost Heart?

Last edited: