• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Plant Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
As many of you know Project Korra is removing Plant Armor the only plant bending move in the core, and its sad to be a sub element with so much potential go to waste so as a member of the PK community I took it upon myself to suggest the replacement for Plant Armor.

Plant Manipulation

Overview
This move would work similar to the new octopus form or water arms in the sense that its a multi ability. To activate the ability 1 must sneak for a default 10 seconds, near 11 blocks of plant bendable blocks as defined in the config as if they are gathering the leaves around them. After 10 seconds green particles will prompt you to release sneak and a massive dome of leaves will surround you (similar to ice bullet) along with 2 arms made of leaves. This will last for as long as defined in the config, if nobody cancels it. (See Cancellation Section ) Afterwards a cool down of 60 seconds will be applied.

There are also passive abilities with these moves that will have their own section below the sub abilities.

This is what the actual thing would look like in game, at least similar to it

What do you call a donkey in a swamp. SWAMP ASS!! *Crickets*

Abilities

Entangle/Grab
Entanglement would shoot 1 of your arms to the object you are aiming at and entangle it in vines giving it slowness 3 and mining fatigue 3. After the opponent is entangled, you can move it around by sneaking and sweeping your cursor similar to Air Sweep. You can also click while doing this so that your opponent is flung once you reach the end of your sweep.

It would end up similar to this, although It may not be possible to move someone inside a 2x1 area surrounded by leaves the way I have planned. If not then the substitution would just be without leaves.

EDIT: Instead of leaves surrounding the opponent, green particles should surround them to show the tiny vines that are wrapped around them.

Ram
The ram function would just be a normal punch as if you were using water arms punch. However you need to sneak and punch rather than just punch so show that you are bending the vines. Edit: does decent knockback. It will have its own seperate cooldown after 3 uses.

Sweep
Sweep would work like if Punch and AirSweep were mashed into 1 ability. To sweep you need to sneak and click, then arc your cursor in the way you want the sweep to move. It would knock enemies in the direction of the sweep
and if they hit a wall it would do extra damage. It can also knock away projectiles. (Arrows, Fireballs, etc)

Passive Abilities

Redirection
Ram and Sweep can push away Earth Smash like objects by sneaking and looking at the projectile with devastating effect on the person who its being pushed back to. However this gets weaker if you do it in quick succession due to the fact that if you can't pull your vines back for long enough the momentum it has won't be as powerful. You see this when Huu grabs a fire nation tank with his arm and smacks it away. If he can grab a large fire nation tank doesn't the same logic apply to an Earth Smash

Movement
In the show we saw that Huu who was inside the swamp monster, was able to move the monster pretty quickly in the water, however while he was on land in the fire nation he wasn't very quick. So I thought that if you are on land while using this ability you would obtain slowness 3, but while your in the water you can activate the swift swim ability waterbenders have.

Regeneration/Cancellation
Cancellation is a balancing measure to prevent opness. In the show when the vines were attacked they were severed, this is supposed to mimic that. Lets say I shoot 2 fireblasts at it, the vines would rip and the part would need to be regenerated. It will still regenerate, at the cost of the leaves around the player. and the more leaves you lose, the longer cooldowns and the less damage all of your attacks do. However, you can counter this by standing near plantbendable blocks and sneaking. The plants will recreate your frame and set your cooldowns and damage to normal.

Explosion
If the dome or any part of the ability is hit with an explosive (ex. Combustion or TNT ) the whole move disintegrates.

Wall Damage
If the enemy is flung into a wall by any of these abilities, he gets damaged depending on the velocity of the impact. Maximum 3 hearts damage.

Config

The config would look like this.
This is just my idea of what the config should include, it may be missing things that are necessary. Please tell me if it is.

Code:
PlantManipulation:
   Enabled: true
   Duration:
     Duration: 60 (in seconds)
     Enabled: false
   Cooldown:
     Cooldown: 60 ( in seconds)
     Enabled: true
   Entangle:
     Range: 20
     Duration: 12 ( in seconds)
     Effect:
        SlownessPower: 3
        FatiguePower: 3
        Duration: 15 ( in seconds)
   Jab:
     Range: 15
     Damage: 3
     Cooldown: 3 seconds
   Sweep:
     Range: 15
     Damage: 4
     Cooldown: 10 seconds
   MaxHits: 12 ( how many times you need to hit it before it dissipates)
   RequiredPlantBendableBlocks: 11

Bibliography
All research was done from the Episodes The Swamp and the day of Black Sun Parts 1 & 2

If some of this ability is impossible to code, feel free to modify it, most of us just want a plantbending move to replace plant armor.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm liking the overall concept of this technique, but not the sub abilities. That leaves no diversity between it and waterarms:

Grab - indentical to existing one.
Jab - punch copy. I suggest you rename it into "push" and rewrite it so that it deals decent knockback (reference from the show) instead of damage
Sweep - don't have anything to complain about. However, devs have plans on removing airsweep, so this move might not make into it.

On second though, what I'm even saying. I liked them apart from jab :p

=================================================================================
Apparently, I do some things to say. You didn't mention how long the status effects of grab will last and the technique itself, so here's what I'm suggesting. Let's say Grab has duration of 12 seconds while in use before running the ability into cooldown, and the effects will last for 15 seconds, so that it wouldn't be a waste since the victim is trapped in the leafarm and therefor wouldn't be use for neither of them, would it? :p

Jab, I mean push (I won't support jab) could end with its own cooldown once it is used 3 times.

Overall, the whole ability could last for 60 seconds.

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm liking the overall concept of this technique, but not the sub abilities. That leaves no diversity between it and waterarms:

Grab - indentical to existing one.
Jab - punch copy. I suggest you rename it into "push" and rewrite it so that it deals decent knockback (reference from the show) instead of damage
Sweep - don't have anything to complain about. However, devs have plans on removing airsweep, so this move might not make into it.

On second though, what I'm even saying. I liked them apart from jab :p
Darn it, I knew i forgot to add something, Ya Jab was supposed to say "Does decent knockback" Thanks for reminding me Ill edit that it.

Thanks for your input <3

canja

Verified Member
i think nobody thought that waterbenders can make mists it would be cool to see a move with that, anyway i liked the idea its cool they could make a similar version to "eartharmor" I honestly think thats the first move in earthbending to be changed

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
i think nobody thought that waterbenders can make mists it would be cool to see a move with that, anyway i liked the idea its cool they could make a similar version to "eartharmor" I honestly think thats the first move in earthbending to be changed
That sounds like a great idea, but it isn't related to this thread at all.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It's ok, but yeah - that would be a cool waterbending technique. I would advise you to request that in a new thread, if there wasn't one already :)

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
im new here i dont know how this works :p but yeah, but what i really wanted is to change the freeze tecniques that waterbenders have to a better and more efficient way, you could freeze players but it would drop a block of water in the top of the player's head so that they could be drowned because i think freezing player doesnt do anything to him i think with this waterbenders would have a better freezing conditioning but i am new so probably noone would support me but i hope you guys could do it, i loved the pant manipulation idea and design is not bad at all i dont know how to make tecniques im just giving ideas for you guys because i seem you guys really want to improve waterbending and i love waterbending :p
Dude, just make your own suggestions thread. Most of your ideas have nothing to do with this. Use this link to create your own suggestions thread http://projectkorra.com/forums/suggestions.8/create-thread

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Apparently, I do some things to say. You didn't mention how long the status effects of grab will last and the technique itself, so here's what I'm suggesting. Let's say Grab has duration of 12 seconds while in use before running the ability into cooldown, and the effects will last for 15 seconds, so that it wouldn't be a waste since the victim is trapped in the leafarm and therefor wouldn't be use for neither of them, would it? :p

Jab, I mean push (I won't support jab) could end with its own cooldown once it is used 3 times.

Overall, the whole ability could last for 60 seconds.
I see your point. And I renamed Jab to Ram because in my opinion Push sounds a lot like Punch.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think this specifically could be a combo because we could use a plant combo
But we have no plantbending abilities now that plant armor is being removed so having a plant combo with no ability makes little sense to me.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I wish they kept plantarmor instead of planning to remove it. Who cares If it is ripping off eartharmor. Haru displayed the potential of creating a small armor for oneself with vines and stuff, that has decent protection from physical attacks and shown that one can regenerate it by bending new vines each time it gets teared up.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
I wish they kept plantarmor instead of planning to remove it. Who cares If it is ripping off eartharmor. Haru displayed the potential of creating a small armor for oneself with vines and stuff, that has decent protection from physical attacks and shown that one can regenerate it by bending new vines each time it gets teared up.
I know right I thought it had a great potential to start off plant bending.....

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
His name was Huu, haru was the earth bending child who they freed from the 1 earthbender prison using coal.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I wish they kept plant armor instead of planning to remove it. Who cares If it is ripping off eartharmor. Haru displayed the potential of creating a small armor for oneself with vines and stuff, that has decent protection from physical attacks and shown that one can regenerate it by bending new vines each time it gets teared up.
I hope the CDs rethink their decision *looks menacingly at Loony & Kiam*

Status
Not open for further replies.