• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion People with strong Metallic Armor should not be affected by Chi Blocking.

Pride

I just realized this now, that Paralyze and other Chi Blocking moves work against Diamond and Iron armor, or any kind of armor regardless of how it's refined or how hard it is.
I believe the only armor that should be affected are Leather, Chain and Gold armor, because 1.) Leather does not protect you from punches. 2.) Punches or jabs can go through holes in the chains. 3.) Gold is soft.

However, Iron and Diamond should not be affected, because they are more durable to punches, as it's one of the weaknesses to Chi Blockers. Chi blockers can't block your chi if you can't feel it. So wearing these armor would protect you to most harm a Chi Blocker does.
When I mean by most is that, although Iron and Diamond can protect you, it won't protect you from all jabs and punches, so there should be a rare chance you would be hit and chi blocked.

NickC1211

I just realized this now, that Paralyze and other Chi Blocking moves work against Diamond and Iron armor, or any kind of armor regardless of how it's refined or how hard it is.
I believe the only armor that should be affected are Leather, Chain and Gold armor, because 1.) Leather does not protect you from punches. 2.) Punches or jabs can go through holes in the chains. 3.) Gold is soft.

However, Iron and Diamond should not be affected, because they are more durable to punches, as it's one of the weaknesses to Chi Blockers. Chi blockers can't block your chi if you can't feel it. So wearing these armor would protect you to most harm a Chi Blocker does.
When I mean by most is that, although Iron and Diamond can protect you, it won't protect you from all jabs and punches, so there should be a rare chance you would be hit and chi blocked.
I don't think it should cancel it out completely maybe just have like a 50% chance of the move not working or something there's always a chink in the armor

Pride

I don't think it should cancel it out completely maybe just have like a 50% chance of the move not working or something there's always a chink in the armor
Yup, that's what I said on the second paragraph.
"When I mean by most is that, although Iron and Diamond can protect you, it won't protect you from all jabs and punches, so there should be a rare chance you would be hit and chi blocked."

NickC1211

Yup, that's what I said on the second paragraph.
"When I mean by most is that, although Iron and Diamond can protect you, it won't protect you from all jabs and punches, so there should be a rare chance you would be hit and chi blocked."
Oh sry didn't see that

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Chain Armor in MC looks like it has a lot of holes, but chain armor is supposed to be really strong and resemble what knights wore in combat, which just so happens to look like this

Pride

Chain Armor in MC looks like it has a lot of holes, but chain armor is supposed to be really strong and resemble what knights wore in combat, which just so happens to look like this
If that's the case, then I suppose Chain should go in the middle of hard and not hard. 50%