• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Past Lives - Avatar Ability

Moonelight

Verified Member
Since in the RPG there will be a command to view the past avatars, I figured that there should be some way that any past avatar could give advice! It's sort of complex, but at the same time super simple.

Past Lives
Select ability > use command /bending pastlives [name of past avatar] to select a avatar you wish to see > Shift until you see blue particles (of any kind) appear in front of you & turn into a small cloud (height & width of minecraft character) > Release shift after small (& sorta tall) cloud is formed > A character appears ( NPC character w/ past avatars name) > Privately, you will receive a message from the past avatar in blue text: "Hello [Current Avatar], how many I assist you?"
[Next sequence of chat below]
You will receive 3 options
"/bending avatarhelp stopwar - receive advice on how to help calm rivals
/bending avatarhelp stopenemy - gives you advice on how to defeat a rival that has defeated you many times in pvp
/bending avatarhelp whoami - tells you the past of the Avatar/what your purpose is (by default this will turn the projected past avatar into a Korra named NPC]"

Each option will have to be filled out by every avatar when they are selected, & will be notified to like this:
You need to fill out a couple things before you do anything! Use /bending avataradvice to begin!
Once you use the command "/bending avataradvice" you will be taken to this next message:
Give your personal advice on each of these subjects to help future avatars!
How to stop a rivalry: (Fill out by doing /bending avataradvice stopwar [short message])
How to stop a powerful enemy: (Fill out by doing /bending avataradvice stopenemy [short message])

[default "Who am I" message is from Korra, and it is "You are the Avatar, and your purpose is to bring peace to the server."]
Example:
"/bending avataradvice stopwar (default message appears: Hello, I am Avatar [User name] ), I always stop a war by bringing down the one who started it. (end default message appears: [user getting advice name], I offer you my wisdom.">
Cloud of blue particles appears around projected past avatar and disappears along with that past avatar.
// The name of that avatar would be saved, and would show up on a NPC character due to limitations.
--------------------------
Allowing every new avatar to give their own personal advice for each question allows a more open and diverse system of past lives. The explanation was long, but in game it would be very short. I hope you like the suggestion, and corrections/questions/comments/thoughts should go down in the comments section! Also, please leave a like! :)
And yes,after the new avatar fills out the forms, they will be able to summon themselves to see what they would of had done.

The Mods/Admins/Staff of the server will have the capability to change the quote the avatar gives if they do not approve of it. (/bending changeavatarquote [question] [message])

Last edited:

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
I personally love this idea. Great job on all the mechanics of the commands and sequence of actions, they are all decent and amazing, somewhat cosmetic, features that would add to an avatar's experience.
However, you can not save skins of a player sadly, only the current one can be applied to NPC's.
Once a player changes its skin, the past one can no longer be retrieved via coding API's such as Spigot, or Bukkit.
However I do love this idea and I hope it is taken into consideration!
Possibly, and just a concept, if the player chooses to enact this command or feature on a solstice, the avatar can boost one element (Which ever main element the past avatar had) by double or a third of the normal avatar state configuration options?

For a visual reference:
Avatar Roku assisting young Avatar Aang at Roku's Temple against the FireNation during the winter solstice.

~Apple<3

Last edited:

Moonelight

Verified Member
I personally love this idea. Great job on all the mechanics of the commands and sequence of actions, they are all decent and amazing, somewhat cosmetic, features that would add to an avatar's experience.
However, you can not save skins of a player sadly, only the current one can be applied to NPC's.
Once a player changes its skin, the past one can no longer be retrieved via coding API's such as Spigot, or Bukkit.
Possibly, and just a concept, if the player chooses to enact this command or feature on a solstice, the avatar can boost one element (Which ever main element the past avatar had) by double or a third of the normal avatar state configuration options?

For a visual reference:
Avatar Roku assisting young Avatar Aang at Roku's Temple against the FireNation on the summer solstice.

~Apple<3
Okay, I'll change it to the NPC skin then.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member

For a visual reference:
Avatar Roku assisting young Avatar Aang at Roku's Temple against the FireNation during the winter solstice.

~Apple<3
Don't forget, Avatar Kyoshi manifested herself through Aang as well, and it wasn't a solstice. I'd suggest the Avatar be able to use this ability to have their past lives manifest through them, in other words, the player's skin and nametag could be replaced by the past Avatar's, and they would receive a boost in whatever the past Avatar's main element was.

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
Don't forget, Avatar Kyoshi manifested herself through Aang as well, and it wasn't a solstice. I'd suggest the Avatar be able to use this ability to have their past lives manifest through them, in other words, the player's skin and nametag could be replaced by the past Avatar's, and they would receive a boost in whatever the past Avatar's main element was.
Very true, I forgot about that episode, thank you for pointing it out!
However, it did not show Kyoshi bending which is completely reasonable due to her only being there to justify the case at hand, however do you think she could not, essentially, 'manifest' through Aang with her spirit due to the bridge between the mortal and spirit world being blocked?

Thank you for bring up this instance and let me know your opinion on this, as feedback is always appreciated.

~Apple<3

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
I personally was dumb founded when I saw a glipmse of what this coul turn out to be! Avatar the last air bender and the legend of korra is my favorite show and it would had took me like 15 miniutes to come up with this if I was focused (Which I usually am not xP) But anyways I hope that this suggestion is the face of the Spirit Plugin alomg as the spirit world and spirit creatures like in Avatar: The Legend of Korra!

Good Suggestion I hope this works out! But I wonder how long did it take to thing of something like this?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I probably should know this, but could anyone explain me what a winter or summer solstice is?._.

DanStryder

Verified Member
I'm just gonna point out that you can specify the name and skin as two different things so like I could make a npc named "Bob" with my skin for my character. /npc skin /npc name