• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Outdated] Tutorial: How to create an ability in ProjectKorra

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
Hey everyone, sorry to ask a broad question like this, but I'm still very new to this.
I'm trying to make a basic ability for practice called SnowRush. Basically this ability would allow you to select a water source and then hold sneak to shoot rapid snowballs. I don't really know how you'd go about doing this though. If anyone could message me the basics of how you would go about doing this, that would be very appreciated. I can send you my classes so far as well.

Sorry for the trouble

jedk1

"If it aint broke, Dont fix it"
if someone has code that does the exact same thing of what your trying to do, USE IT! you can make your own way of doing it but if its going to do the exact same thing anyways then y waste the extra hours trying to make a new way of doing it.
I disagree with this, cos most of the time I will recreate peoples abilities cos i dont trust their coding abilities, Also i like to not have to rely on other ppl when it comes to updating.

captainstuboo25

Verified Member
I am on IgniteInformation and I am trying to extend AbilityModule and it has a red line under it, instead of me being able to import it wants me to make a new class.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
That's because the AbilityModule is no longer needed. This tutorial is outdated and you should not really use this as a learning tool. It's more useful as a history lesson.

Here's some more information about your issue: LINK

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Would that thread work as a replacement for this one? Like would it teach me how to make a full ability?
The linked thread will only tell you what changed from the API in this tutorial and the more recent updates. You may be able to puzzle the pieces together if you try really hard.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Is anyone planning to make a new one? Or should I just work with this and the update thread?
You cant really work with this. It's too outdated. I might make a new one, sometime, ever. It's not a priority at all. Try the linked thread. Try looking at the source of other abilities.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Admins don't really delete threads, unless they are double posted or just utter junk.
Or, like in this case, the post can prove harmful. @captainstuboo25 is a perfect example. He came here thinking that it would help him learn to code but he had no idea that this tutorial was so outdated. It would be best to remove it all together to prevent further confusion.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
He’d probably waste less time by just making a new one.

He linked to my GitHub ability tutorial o.o I didn’t realize that was getting recognition lol