• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New passive for Air + Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthirten13

Verified Member
As many of you know, velocity damage when crashing into walls was recently implemented. I think that there should be a new passive for both air and earth to coincide with it.

Air:
No velocity damage.

Reason behind this:
It's the same concept as how airbenders stop fall damage when landing. They are able to use air to cushion a fast fall. Why would the same not apply to sideways movement. Airbenders never get hurt when using air to jump on walls in the show.

Earth:
No velocity damage on earth bendable blocks.

Reason behind this:
Basically the same reason for why air should take no fall damage on blocks. Since earth can stop momentum downward, it should also be able to stop it sideways.

NotchItUp

Verified Member
Sounds good, seeing as how water and fire are more offensive than air and earth, this would help balance it out a bit.

Joeri

Verified Member
Zaheer got knocked against a wall by Tenzin and still took as much damage as Ghazan and Ming did.

Joeri

Verified Member
He was surprised? (i guess?)
Yes, but that shows that airbenders and earthbenders dont passively always take no collision damage. They need to counter it with cussions of air etc, Which is basically airspout so i feel that this suggestion isn't needed because it's already possible

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
Yes but this is a game. There is no reaction time ;D you could get airbursted and die in one hit.. Also if that is the case, then why do earthbenders and airbenders not have to prepare for fall damage ? their passive always removes fall damage even when they don't "prepare"

Airbenders should not take ANY velocity damage, and earth should take a reduced amount.
Of course there are ways to counter it completely, but there should be a passive for air mainly, so that they take no velocity damage.

-You have to consider that this is a game and it's kinda dumb to just spam airburst against anyone to win ANY fight.
I would actually consider removing this completely , or adding a config to be able to REMOVE THE FEATURE. Beta 14 of 1.6.0 is my MOST disliked dev build BY FAR. I wish i still had the dev build 13 for my own server. Can anyone give me a download please? I hate dev build 14
;-;

Joeri

Verified Member
Yes but this is a game. There is no reaction time ;D you could get airbursted and die in one hit.. Also if that is the case, then why do earthbenders and airbenders not have to prepare for fall damage ? their passive always removes fall damage even when they don't "prepare"

Airbenders should not take ANY velocity damage, and earth should take a reduced amount.
Of course there are ways to counter it completely, but there should be a passive for air mainly, so that they take no velocity damage.

-You have to consider that this is a game and it's kinda dumb to just spam airburst against anyone to win ANY fight.
I would actually consider removing this completely , or adding a config to be able to REMOVE THE FEATURE. Beta 14 of 1.6.0 is my MOST disliked dev build BY FAR. I wish i still had the dev build 13 for my own server. Can anyone give me a download please? I hate dev build 14
;-;
Then neither should fire take velocity damage because then can firejet out of it and theres no reaction time apperantly. Or water shouldnt take velocity because they can create a water cussion to catch them but since they shouldnt prepare / there is no reaction time it should be passively ?

Sorin

Verified Member
Then neither should fire take velocity damage because then can firejet out of it and theres no reaction time apperantly. Or water shouldnt take velocity because they can create a water cussion to catch them but since they shouldnt prepare / there is no reaction time it should be passively ?
I agree with you, this is a bad sugestion due to the fact if you get hit into a wall in real life it hurts in avatar the last airbender and in the legend of korra they took damage from hiting the walls, don't upset the balance we have.

owlcool

Verified Member
Aang was a Airbender, AND a earthbender. He still took damage from hitting earth, somehow.

paliate

Verified Member
For Air, in the show you'd see them constantly hit walls, i've seen tenzin hit walls, i've seen aang hit walls.
When your pushed back with the force that airbenders have it's harder to counter then just a normal fall from a hill that your expecting.

For Earth i feel the same way, It would also be quite hard to even accomplish wall damage in the wild if there are no built structures around.
I understand that you may think "Oh their masters so they can just stop mid air and bend the rock / dirt behind them and not take fall damage, but that's false because of the fact that it'd have to be done in a seconds notice due to them being pushed back so fast, In the show i've never seen a earthbender do that.

When your falling its slower and you have time to react and bend the ground you fall on, But i don't believe that to be the case here.

Sorry for rambling a bit, Also if your talking about airbenders taking damage from airblast it's a glitch, soon to be fixed. (i mean the bender taking damage, not the person thats being pushed into a wall)

matthirten13

Verified Member
For Air, in the show you'd see them constantly hit walls, i've seen tenzin hit walls, i've seen aang hit walls.
When your pushed back with the force that airbenders have it's harder to counter then just a normal fall from a hill that your expecting.

For Earth i feel the same way, It would also be quite hard to even accomplish wall damage in the wild if there are no built structures around.
I understand that you may think "Oh their masters so they can just stop mid air and bend the rock / dirt behind them and not take fall damage, but that's false because of the fact that it'd have to be done in a seconds notice due to them being pushed back so fast, In the show i've never seen a earthbender do that.

When your falling its slower and you have time to react and bend the ground you fall on, But i don't believe that to be the case here.

Sorry for rambling a bit, Also if your talking about airbenders taking damage from airblast it's a glitch, soon to be fixed. (i mean the bender taking damage, not the person thats being pushed into a wall)
If we're being completely realistic to the show here. Airblast is one of the weaker air moves. If anything, airswipe should get the velocity damage and so should airsweep. Also, are you saying self airblasts into walls won't take damage?

WaterFan99

Verified Member

also, even King Bummi took a hit when aang pushed him back against a wall during their duel

paliate

Verified Member
If we're being completely realistic to the show here. Airblast is one of the weaker air moves. If anything, airswipe should get the velocity damage and so should airsweep. Also, are you saying self airblasts into walls won't take damage?
Why would we add velocity damage to a already damaging move? Aang is seen countless times pushing his opponents to a wall and knocking them out.
Take when he was taken by the firenation, he pushed them down the hall and knocked them against the wall.

Airsweep also already does damage so it would only be buffing the move by adding more damage to it, its not really adding velocity or anything.

matthirten13

Verified Member
Why would we add velocity damage to a already damaging move? Aang is seen countless times pushing his opponents to a wall and knocking them out.
Take when he was taken by the firenation, he pushed them down the hall and knocked them against the wall.

Airsweep also already does damage so it would only be buffing the move by adding more damage to it, its not really adding velocity or anything.
Okay, and will airblasting yourself into a wall hurt yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.