• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New Air move: Airstrike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So when I was coming up with this move, I was thinking that Air doesn't have a very offensive move. This is because it is mostly a defensive bending style, but it can have one right? (I know, airswipe and one of the combos are offensive, but this move is meant to be powerful) Move:
Name: Airstrike (suggest a new name if not pleasing, but read the description first)
Element: Air
How used: [Hold shift] > [L-click]
Description: So this move is used by Aang when they go to one of the air temples, and the inventor and his son and people are there with machinery destroying the temple. He blasts air along the ground, making it hit one of the wrecking machines, sending it to it's ultimate doom over the cliff. How it would work is the air would travel along the ground towards wherever you are looking when you L-click, steadily getting taller, and it travels really fast. This move would do large amounts of damage (listed below), would have a pretty big knockback (also listed below), and would have a cooldown (three seconds). The shape would be a wide isosceles triangle when it starts, steadily growing into a tall isosceles triangle (Hope you took geometry, but just in case you for whatever reason do no know, an isosceles triangle is a triangle where two sides are congruent). This wouldn't stop when it hits one player, it would keep on going for a configurable distance (default: 10 blocks) and would become more powerful as it went on. At 5 blocks in is when it would do damage, anything before that would have no effect except for a little knockback. It would grow stronger from 5 blocks until it reaches 10 blocks and fades.
Default Damages and Knockbacks:
1-4 blocks: No damage, 2 block knockback
5-6 blocks: 2.5 hearts of damage, 3 block knockback
7-8 blocks: 3.5 hearts of damage, 5 block knockback
9-10 blocks: 4.5 hearts of damage, 7 block knockback

Size: As it goes farther, it will grow bigger. For visual on this, go to this video and the move I am mentioning is at 20 seconds in: Clicky

Last edited:

JhanJhan

Verified Member
This is a very good thought, but I don't see why range would give the air more velocity to do more damage?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This is a very good thought, but I don't see why range would give the air more velocity to do more damage?
Basically the farther it gets, the larger it gets giving it a greater mass. Bigger things make a bigger kaboom (Hope you get the point, there is not literally a kaboom, that is just for effect).

JhanJhan

Verified Member
Yes, I understand, now what about preforming the actual move? With something that has the potential to do that much damage, shouldn't there be a more complicated process in instrumenting it?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Not really. Observe;
Charged fireblast = hold shift > release shift : does considerable amount of damage + burning
Combustion = press shift : creates explosion
Lightning = Hold shift > click : does lots of damage

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I have also suggested a powerful move for water and earth. So it would balance if all them got put in. Plus it would already balance with fire moves, some lava moves (most public made), water moves like iceblast and torrent.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It won't. It will give airbenders a bit more of a chance to beat firebenders easier, seeing as all air has is airswipe, suffocate, and one of the combos as offense, while fire has mostly all fighting moves. Now I know that they are different fighting styles, but let's be realistic. If it can be done, it should be done. (Plus it was done in the show)

vidant829

Verified Member
I like everything except for the moves cooldown, would recommend instead to change it to 3 seconds after the intial wave created dispersed so that way spamming and rarity wouldn't be an issue.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I myself had this ability in my head but I hesitant to suggest it. I personally want it implemented. I'm wondering how the scaled damage would be so close together. 5 hearts and 8 block knock back within a 10 block range is VERY overpowered (so it's a good thing it's configurable so that's not that big of a deal to me). I like the idea of a scaled effect, but I think it needs to be stretched out more, it's too cramped as it is now, in my opinion.

The cooldown is way too long for default. Even if this ability can be powerful it should never be 10 minutes (but it's configurable so that's not a big deal either).

Nice suggestion - I think it's fitting. I hope it's successful. :)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
but I think it needs to be stretched out more, it's too cramped as it is now, in my opinion.
What would you suggest the damage be? If I make it too high in the end, it would be even more op than it kinda already is.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Default Damages and Knockbacks:
1-4 blocks: No damage, 2 block knockback
5 blocks: 2.5 hearts of damage, 3 block knockback
6 blocks: 3 hearts of damage, 4 block knockback
7 blocks: 3.5 hearts of damage, 5 block knockback
8 blocks: 4 hearts of damage, 6 block knockback
9 blocks: 4.5 hearts of damage, 7 block knockback
10 blocks: 5 hearts of damage, 8 block knockback
I actually think the damage should be the other way around. I'll try to explain why I think so, but I'm not english, so tell me when you don't understand me :p

The mass of the blast gets bigger, so there is more "space" for the power to go. When you shoot this, and you hit something very close to you, it's being hit with the same force as it would be from a distance. This means that the same force in a smaller mass should deal more damage. The same goes for the knockback.(What I explained about the damage)

I hope you understand it :p

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Oh.
I actually think the damage should be the other way around. I'll try to explain why I think so, but I'm not english, so tell me when you don't understand me :p

The mass of the blast gets bigger, so there is more "space" for the power to go. When you shoot this, and you hit something very close to you, it's being hit with the same force as it would be from a distance. This means that the same force in a smaller mass should deal more damage. The same goes for the knockback.(What I explained about the damage)

I hope you understand it :p
I understand it. And I see your point. But in the show, it hits the wrecking machine from far away and still knocks it off the cliff. That's why the damage is scaling upwards.
No, I don't mean change the damage and knockback values I mean space apart when they scale up.
Ohh ok that was what I had initially put anyways. I'll modify it in the post.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I updated the post and think I did good, but tell me what you think it should be if you had a different idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.