see firebenders couldnt reset the entrance. Its like saying earthbenders can enter my town because I made it from stone. And youcan make a waterbender base that has traps that only waterbenders could activate, or only waterbenders could easily escape.Now that you mentioned, I'm thinking of making a huge plot/small town, where the entrace would be covered in a water. Instead needing to unfreeze the ice to get in, as firebenders can turned ice into water, I'll make a big, flat long water tube, where in order to cross you'll need to use waterbubble, because it would be impossible to go throught the whole tube to reach the waterbender camp without drowning. Thanks for the idea. I might as well use the sign thing idea.
- Put in vanilla dispenser traps but have them fire through a stream of water. Phasechange easily protects waterbenders.
- Have a water elevator like in my original post, and you can easily disable it when people try follow you in. (Firebenders counter this. But then they would still need to unfreeze to use it and still at your waterbending mercy. So Stalemate)
- Against earthbenders you need to make all your base out of non bendable material. So they cant just collapse your base. And when they are inside they cant bend. Thats enough of a disable to earthbenders. Its a pain but Ive done it a few times. Ultimately worth it.
- Also having pits with lava everywhere as well as heaps of water sources everywhere. This is for airbenders. The pits will have a layer of signs and water on top. Waterbenders will never fall through this but airbenders might. The alternative strategy to this is just have closed off passages in your design, as putting an airbender in enclosed spaces disables them.
- Fill a whole room with water. Top to bottom. Go through with swift swim. Will knock out earth and fire mostly. Design room so it is open at the bottom. Drops into lava (and protect lava with sign barrier). Waterbenders can use waterbubble to remove the water for those trying to swim over and drop people into lava. If you manage to get over first then you win. A piston door at each end shutting will disable earth and firebenders (assuming you disnt use earthbendable material). Air can be taken down by clever redstone, aka drop lava from top too. Separate with appropriate sign barrier.
- Your water entrance you suggested. Have it literally at the bottom of the ocean. Airbenders can get to it easy enough. But not if you hide it well enough with a seamless piston door or something. Mark it with a dirt hut on the bank next to it.
So you really are a waterbender only base. If you have bases that exclude by bender type you need different entrances for different benders. Or just a kind of base only meant for you. Hidden bases are good for this.