• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

My Bending Experience: Tips of the waterbender

Tenket

Now that you mentioned, I'm thinking of making a huge plot/small town, where the entrace would be covered in a water. Instead needing to unfreeze the ice to get in, as firebenders can turned ice into water, I'll make a big, flat long water tube, where in order to cross you'll need to use waterbubble, because it would be impossible to go throught the whole tube to reach the waterbender camp without drowning. Thanks for the idea. I might as well use the sign thing idea.
see firebenders couldnt reset the entrance. Its like saying earthbenders can enter my town because I made it from stone. And youcan make a waterbender base that has traps that only waterbenders could activate, or only waterbenders could easily escape.

Eg.
  • Put in vanilla dispenser traps but have them fire through a stream of water. Phasechange easily protects waterbenders.
  • Have a water elevator like in my original post, and you can easily disable it when people try follow you in. (Firebenders counter this. But then they would still need to unfreeze to use it and still at your waterbending mercy. So Stalemate)
  • Against earthbenders you need to make all your base out of non bendable material. So they cant just collapse your base. And when they are inside they cant bend. Thats enough of a disable to earthbenders. Its a pain but Ive done it a few times. Ultimately worth it.
  • Also having pits with lava everywhere as well as heaps of water sources everywhere. This is for airbenders. The pits will have a layer of signs and water on top. Waterbenders will never fall through this but airbenders might. The alternative strategy to this is just have closed off passages in your design, as putting an airbender in enclosed spaces disables them.
  • Fill a whole room with water. Top to bottom. Go through with swift swim. Will knock out earth and fire mostly. Design room so it is open at the bottom. Drops into lava (and protect lava with sign barrier). Waterbenders can use waterbubble to remove the water for those trying to swim over and drop people into lava. If you manage to get over first then you win. A piston door at each end shutting will disable earth and firebenders (assuming you disnt use earthbendable material). Air can be taken down by clever redstone, aka drop lava from top too. Separate with appropriate sign barrier.
  • Your water entrance you suggested. Have it literally at the bottom of the ocean. Airbenders can get to it easy enough. But not if you hide it well enough with a seamless piston door or something. Mark it with a dirt hut on the bank next to it.

So you really are a waterbender only base. If you have bases that exclude by bender type you need different entrances for different benders. Or just a kind of base only meant for you. Hidden bases are good for this.

HydroMan

1. What would the water stream traps would do?
  2. Disable, as in...?
  3. That's a obvious one, as I always build the house with non-earthbendable blocks.
  4. Can you show me in a visual content? Add a picture maybe, so I can see what do actually mean by this trap.
  5. Wow, you are really creative! ;) Also, you gave me an idea in another way to kill airbenders (it is most effective, cuz there is no risk of being pulled into the lava and burn to death as well). Don't remove water, but allow lava to fall on them, creating the water into stone. The airbender(s) that get(s) stuck in the stone will recieve suffocation damage and 90% change the victim will die.
  6. Outside of a entrace at the begin I will probably be a huge wall thats 50 blocks tall(they cant reach that height by default, right??) around the camp. The Tube will be filled to the very top celling and the very bottom flour, so I'm not sure what you mean by airbenders are to easy for this. Also I doubt that they can spout and scooter underwater. The Tube will be long/far enough, that people will drown before reaching the end of the tube when swimming normally, due to their slow swimming. The Tube will still have a sufficient satisfied route, that is not too long and not too short, for the waterbenders to make across the tube with swiftswim, without running out of air, or atleast leave them with less damage but not drown to death, unlike the non-waterbenders.

HydroMan

I know now what you meant by being to easy for airbenders, as I had mentioned waterbubble not fastswim after I re-read my reply, which made me realise that airbenders can airbubble too. I'll use your advise to put lava under signs, so they will still be left to die either of burning lava or drowing water.

Now that you mentioned, I'm thinking of making a huge plot/small town, where the entrace would be covered in a water. Instead needing to unfreeze the ice to get in, as firebenders can turned ice into water, I'll make a big, flat long water tube, where in order to cross you'll need to use waterbubble, because it would be impossible to go throught the whole tube to reach the waterbender camp without drowning. Thanks for the idea. I might as well use the sign thing idea.
Then airbenders could get in through the use of AirBubble. But if you combine both of these techniques...

Shadow_8472

What would you do to keep airbenders using airbubble out?

pfm2001

MY TIPS:

HealingWaters undoes status effects, so rotten flesh is great for anyone with HealingWaters. It also undoes Smokescreen

OctopusForm can freeze the lava under it into obsidian (the last time I checked) so it's great for the Nether, huge crowds, and even ChiBlockers. (You keep smacking them away, and their weakness is they have no ranged moves.) Also, it hits in every direction, so if you find yourself blinded, OctopusForm and slap them to kingdom come.

Surge can be used as a catapult if done from behind. Also, thanks to the new sourcing, "Sword and Shield" is much easier. Click on a bendable block, and shift on another bendable block. Hold shift, and then click. If you did it correctly, you should have a shield up, as well as a surge shooting forward.

Bloodbending is actually more defense than offense. If you're lucky, you can toss the offender bender (or blocker) away from you enough to escape. Also useful for getting people you don't want out of your house.

Tired of people who just stay under water? Phasechange the water. They'll suffocate.

Hero

MY TIPS:

HealingWaters undoes status effects, so rotten flesh is great for anyone with HealingWaters. It also undoes Smokescreen

OctopusForm can freeze the lava under it into obsidian (the last time I checked) so it's great for the Nether, huge crowds, and even ChiBlockers. (You keep smacking them away, and their weakness is they have no ranged moves.) Also, it hits in every direction, so if you find yourself blinded, OctopusForm and slap them to kingdom come.

Surge can be used as a catapult if done from behind. Also, thanks to the new sourcing, "Sword and Shield" is much easier. Click on a bendable block, and shift on another bendable block. Hold shift, and then click. If you did it correctly, you should have a shield up, as well as a surge shooting forward.

Bloodbending is actually more defense than offense. If you're lucky, you can toss the offender bender (or blocker) away from you enough to escape. Also useful for getting people you don't want out of your house.

Tired of people who just stay under water? Phasechange the water. They'll suffocate.
½ of the stuff you said i already said ._.

Tired of people who just use waterbubble so no one can't freeze them? Attack them with any damaging move as they are vulnerable while having their bubble enabled.
Watching people trying to attack you underwater? Freeze everything around you when you are underwater by swapping quickly from WaterBubble to PhaseChange or just FastSwim away.

HydroMan

Watching people trying to attack you underwater? Freeze everything around you when you are underwater by swapping quickly from WaterBubble to PhaseChange or just FastSwim away.
Wanna get rid them out of water like a fish from a fishing rod? AirSuction, RaiseEarth, Grabbling hook, WaterArms, Fire..... Huhh? Combustion/Lightning?

Last edited: