• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied More Accurate AirBending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
Supposedly air is going to be getting an update similar to this in the future, but I'm not hopeful anymore. There are somethings that just don't get added.
This is true, some things don't get added. In my opinion this would make air a worthy opponent for earth or even a fire bender in the avatar state. On my server, all the Builders say to the new TrialBuilders that 'Air is underpowered, an easy kill against other elements'. That is why I am downloading nearly every possible move for air to make air more powerful, but it needs an update.

Sorin

Verified Member
I honestly despise the idea of air losing damage and no my main isn't air its water,point being if air did get this nerf at least please be configurable (bad idea)

EndersShadows

Verified Member
This is true, some things don't get added. In my opinion this would make air a worthy opponent for earth or even a fire bender in the avatar state. On my server, all the Builders say to the new TrialBuilders that 'Air is underpowered, an easy kill against other elements'. That is why I am downloading nearly every possible move for air to make air more powerful, but it needs an update.
When I air, all those "Pro earth" or "Master fire" are sitting ducks for me. Never have I thought "ooh Petty little air is just too easy for me" instead I find air better than fire, earth, and water. Air is by far the weakest element. I don't even main air and I find air to be stronger than my main, which is water mind you, because of its speed.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Now as I understand it, you want to make air a formidable element that is no longer weak and underpowered... But you're suggesting we take away its already OP combos and attacks?

Sorin

Verified Member
Now as I understand it, you want to make air a formidable element that is no longer weak and underpowered... But you're suggesting we take away its already OP combos and attacks?
I don't like the idea but, That's what they want...

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Airbenders have always been the harder ones for me...

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Airbenders have always been the harder ones for me...
As a waterbender, air is the hardest. As another air or fire/earth it's average. When I say it's hardest for me as water, it's mainly because they don't stay in the water and hit and run off. Nothing wrong with that, it just makes killing air difficult.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
As a waterbender, air is the hardest. As another air or fire/earth it's average. When I say it's hardest for me as water, it's mainly because they don't stay in the water and hit and run off. Nothing wrong with that, it just makes killing air difficult.
The reason why other elements or easier, is because their attacks won't come from above. That's why I always go fire when I need to fight an airbender :p

Water > Water/Air/Chi
Earth > Earth/Fire/Air/Chi
Fire > Water/Earth/Fire/Air/Chi (LOL)
Air > Fire/Chi
Chi > idgaf

EndersShadows

Verified Member
The reason why other elements or easier, is because their attacks won't come from above. That's why I always go fire when I need to fight an airbender :p

Water > Water/Air/Chi
Earth > Earth/Fire/Air/Chi
Fire > Water/Earth/Fire/Air/Chi (LOL)
Air > Fire/Chi
Chi > idgaf
That's coming from your opinion, not everyone is like that. I believe you mean that, but I just feel like stating it.

As for me;

Water > Fire/Earth/Chi/Air
Air > Earth/Fire/Chi/Air
Earth > Air/Chi
Fire < Water/Chi/Air/Fire/Earth
Chi < Water/Chi/Air/Fire/Earth

From this you can obviously see what my main elements are. I cannot do fire, the apm for it is too high for me to match. Chi is just too nooby and slow, nothing I can do. Earth is alright if I feel like tanking and trolling.

PROBABLY SHOULD GET BACK ON TOPIC THOUGH, RIGHT?

RavenCorella

Verified Member
He meant using dots.

And for the love of god, please stop double/triple posting.

Air isn't meant to be a damaging element if we go by the lore, it's speed and mobility is what balances it.

Sorin

Verified Member
He meant using dots.

And for the love of god, please stop double/triple posting.

Air isn't meant to be a damaging element if we go by the lore, it's speed and mobility is what balances it.
i haven't tipple posted since the beginning of this thread and besides, There are numerous other post like this that got denied, And i'm pretty sure that this one will be denied as well. But do you mean you don't want it so air doesn't do damage?

paliate

Verified Member
I don't think i've ever been this enraged about a suggestion, maybe it's because air is my main element.
I'd like to make a few comments if you don't mind.

In the show aang is still young, he still has much to learn about airbending, Who knows maybe they taught defense to the children / younger airbenders.
In the show (LOK when he's older) he breaks a chain with airbending,

And as said previously, Tenzin does throw some pretty hard hits.
I don't think its wise to make this change to airbending considering that it would interrupt the balance of the plugin, By default air only does 1 heart per hit if i'm not mistaken which isn't alot at all. I am trying to keep a open mind and sortof distance my personal feelings for this thread but are you kidding me?
You basically want to make air do no damage at all, There may not be walls where you are, then what? If you think air runs now just wait and see if this actually happens.

;)

paliate

Verified Member
vs10.jpg - No damage is taken by air, his arms are being stretched out as they are on the floor, causing damage to him.
I'd also like to note that i believe Firelord Ozai is trying to do firebreath and aang is blocking it with airbending, he was not intending to hurt him.
AKA why he took his bending instead of killing Ozai.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
I don't think i've ever been this enraged about a suggestion, maybe it's because air is my main element.
I'd like to make a few comments if you don't mind.

In the show aang is still young, he still has much to learn about airbending, Who knows maybe they taught defense to the children / younger airbenders.
In the show (LOK when he's older) he breaks a chain with airbending,

And as said previously, Tenzin does throw some pretty hard hits.
I don't think its wise to make this change to airbending considering that it would interrupt the balance of the plugin, By default air only does 1 heart per hit if i'm not mistaken which isn't alot at all. I am trying to keep a open mind and sortof distance my personal feelings for this thread but are you kidding me?
You basically want to make air do no damage at all, There may not be walls where you are, then what? If you think air runs now just wait and see if this actually happens.

;)
Agreed. Airbending all do the element of freedom is by fare one of the most powerful element (in the show not the plugin). Personally I like to think that the monks were peaceful and have developed their life style as to prevent the power of air to be used in the wrong manner. Because of this many people think that airbenders are "lovely" and "cute" and even "kawai" when clearly Zaheer showed the TRUE nature and possibility of airbending. Also airbenders were shown to be able to fight many opponents in the same time something that the plugin doesn't really go into. Besides all this there isn't really a proper sub element for air. By proper I mean a complete different nature of the element ( in many cases in different forms such as lightning for fire or lava for earth Ps: astral projection all do useful is quite limited).
To solve this problem I think that in stead of a sub there should be a different tradition of the element something like Zaheer has presented to us as supposed to the "traditional" subs we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.