• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied More Accurate AirBending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
I do realize this could completely affect the balance of the plugin, but I think with editing some moves, it might help it out.

In the show 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' there is a WHOLE lot of air bending, as Aang is an airbender at soul. He never 'hits' the other person with air. The air pushed the other person back, and the real damage is them hitting a wall. So, with air, if they hit a wall, damage is taken.

ALSO, Air can be used (in the avatar state) to destroy earth. And the earth could be thrown at someone. In the final episode of Avatar, the earth pillars is a great area to throw some earth around with air. I brought that episode up also because when Aang pushes Fire Lord (Tyrant Whats His Name) with air bending, he gets pushed back into many pillars, breaking the earth, hurting the Fire Lord.

Air is defensive, not offensive. No air move really does damage. Suffocate is one of the only moves I can think of that does damage.

Air benders do the effect, and rely on the cause.

Please take this into consideration, as it could do 1 of two things - Balance out the plugin even more, or destroy the balance made.

vs10.jpg - No damage is taken by air, his arms are being stretched out as they are on the floor, causing damage to him.

EDIT - After reading the comments here I realize that this would be overdoing everything. We need a system where if someone hits a wall, that does damage, while the move still does damage. We would also need moves like this (Stolen from @coastyo )

https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5gt91dRGA1rnqfaho1_400.gif

Last edited:

RavenCorella

Verified Member
This makes sense honestly... people keep spamming airswipe on the battlefields to 3hit/kill you in combination with McMMO.

I think we really need this.

Sorin

Verified Member
Honestly Tenzin in the legend of korra hit people with air and pretty hard i don't think it would be like the burn of fire ot the impact of dirt but that is like saying Tenzin was tickling his enemy's whit air, believe it or not there was impact dmg like in the fight between Tenzin and Zaheer like in this clip
you can see that after the 15 second mark he got hit with air supper hard thus being air does impact damage and alot more than sissy around
so in what you are suggesting kind sir is that air should start sissying around again and not be taken seriously in arena

Sorin

Verified Member
In the video he merely got pushed into the ground, there's no impact damage.
do you seriously not see the force in those hits at all?!?!?!?!? and what you people are suggesting is that air becomes so underpowerd no one will use it and it would basically everything would be op compared to air like how does he get knocked on the ground with no impact? when korra hit ammon he flew there has to be impact like there is no way there isn't it would be like saying you can drop and egg off a 2 story building and there is no impact, how could you people be so blind, there is so so so much force behind airbending, its like saying waterbending shouldn't do dmg either cuz you are just being splashed or earth shouldn't do much dmg cuz they are throwing dirt at you, and seriously how would he be knocked on the ground if there wasn't no force its like saying that air isnt even and elment, there isn't any force in air? thats like saying "hey im gonna blast you in the face wit air to get on you're nerves" and in reality they do these amazing kicks and swipes of air you don't rember when tenzin hit that chi blocker in the side of the head the guy did a side flip for Christ sake

Sorin

Verified Member
didnt realize that i posted same vid ill change that but like there really was impaact like you are gonna make it to the point air does nothing might as well take it out of the plugin and upset the balance even more

Sorin

Verified Member
Any reason for you to doublepost the same exact video with the same invalid reason?
and how do you "knock someone down" in minecraft in the first place, cuz everyone can protect them self's from fall dmg, water benders use surge under their feet, earth doesn't take fall damage on earth bendable blocks, fire can use fire jet, and what if there is no walls to slam them into you cant slam them onto the ground in minecraft, so tell me how would my reason be invalid? when you can't even give me a explanation to why air shouldn't do dmg other than you cant deal with airswipe spamers.......but im gonna guess my reason is invalid due to.....POTATOE

Edit: yes i know potatoes isn't a valid reason for my reason to be invalid

Last edited:

Unionjackjz1

Verified Member
do you seriously not see the force in those hits at all?!?!?!?!? and what you people are suggesting is that air becomes so underpowerd no one will use it and it would basically everything would be op compared to air like how does he get knocked on the ground with no impact? when korra hit ammon he flew there has to be impact like there is no way there isn't it would be like saying you can drop and egg off a 2 story building and there is no impact, how could you people be so blind, there is so so so much force behind airbending, its like saying waterbending shouldn't do dmg either cuz you are just being splashed or earth shouldn't do much dmg cuz they are throwing dirt at you, and seriously how would he be knocked on the ground if there wasn't no force its like saying that air isnt even and elment, there isn't any force in air? thats like saying "hey im gonna blast you in the face wit air to get on you're nerves" and in reality they do these amazing kicks and swipes of air you don't rember when tenzin hit that chi blocker in the side of the head the guy did a side flip for Christ sake
but why do you think your reason is valid?
and how do you "knock someone down" in minecraft in the first place, cuz everyone can protect them self's from fall dmg, water benders use surge under their feet, earth doesn't take fall damage on earth bendable blocks, fire can use fire jet, and what if there is no walls to slam them into you cant slam them onto the ground in minecraft, so tell me how would my reason be invalid? when you can't even give me a explanation to why air shouldn't do dmg other than you cant deal with airswipe spamers.......but im gonna guess my reason is invalid due to.....POTATOE

Edit: yes i know potatoes isn't a valid reason for my reason to be invalid
First of all, cool down with the spam. Air is most likely one of the most powerful bending choice, if used correctly. So making it more accurate, your only doing good. Have you realized, that every air bender that bends air in combat, is HIGHLY trained in it? And people who earth bend in combat usually start when they are not highly trained, just when they know the basics. I am saying this because air is powerful. Knockback damage is a thing to consider, as we would need that for block damage.

Sorin

Verified Member
First of all, cool down with the spam. Air is most likely one of the most powerful bending choice, if used correctly. So making it more accurate, your only doing good. Have you realized, that every air bender that bends air in combat, is HIGHLY trained in it? And people who earth bend in combat usually start when they are not highly trained, just when they know the basics. I am saying this because air is powerful. Knockback damage is a thing to consider, as we would need that for block damage.
How is making air do no impact damage any good? They have 2 moves that do actual damage...... it would be stupid to take that away, If it is knockback damage it is still damage, What they are suggesting is that it do no damage unless someone hits a wall witch would make it so so so so underpowerd, and i wasn't spamming i was to lazy to press edit ,-,

Sorin

Verified Member
They have 2 damaging move's (not counting custom moves). how would every move do damage?!

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Supposedly air is going to be getting an update similar to this in the future, but I'm not hopeful anymore. There are somethings that just don't get added.

Status
Not open for further replies.