• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Mana/Energy system

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Bending follows the same principle has lifting crates repeatedly in a sequence, that eventually leads the carrier to his/her limbs soar or the whole body's fatigue

Sshawarma

Verified Member
In the sense that doing a move requires physical energy, but the move does not use physical energy.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Ok, a few things. Sshawrma learn to say thoughts in one reply. Second the way to balance things out is already done. There are cooldowns as well as charge times.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
Yeah....i'm getting carried away with this, but ik there are cooldowns. I just had an idea about the mana a couple days ago. Dropped it now. But im intrested in how bending works and am asking the great meskenas for explanation :D

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Bending follows the same principle has lifting crates repeatedly in a sequence, that eventually leads the carrier to his/her limbs soar or the whole body's fatigue
No, silly willy xD. Bending is like workout - if you had to do a blast, and let's say a bender used sit ups or push ups to launch the attack (for that example, ignore how unrealistic the scenario is), you would become fatigue, resulting in lost of physical energy to do the workout. No workout - (results in) no bending.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
Then how physically fit a bender is = their bending capacity (endurance) and how powerful a bender they are

Sshawarma

Verified Member
And therefore bending happens as a result of channeling chi through physical movement.....meaning that the channeling of chi(doing the physical motion) is what makes the bender tired, and the bending result itself does not fatigue a bender.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
Everyone single file! [She divides the water, allowing everyone to walk through the drowned out path.] Aang, I need help! [Aang helps by creating an air bubble.]
That was part of the serpent's pass. I'm still confused why she would need help. It is not like it was physically difficult for her to make the hand motions she did, soooo im confused once again either the show is not consistent or we are missing something.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Then how physically fit a bender is = their bending capacity (endurance) and how powerful a bender they are
That's not what I meant. If the bender is physically or mentally exhausted, of course his/her bending would be weaker. Similar principle If you were to ride a bike - if your legs tired, would you be energetic on using peddles efficiently to go more faster or retain the same speed? Of course not.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Everyone single file! [She divides the water, allowing everyone to walk through the drowned out path.] Aang, I need help! [Aang helps by creating an air bubble.]
That was part of the serpent's pass. I'm still confused why she would need help. It is not like it was physically difficult for her to make the hand motions she did, soooo im confused once again either the show is not consistent or we are missing something.
She needed to make the bubble bigger ,since Aang was the last in line and the end tip of the bubble wasn't stable. That's what I think.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
You basically have chi inside of you. Physical movements aid in channeling it to manipulate an element. More experienced benders rely less on physical movements and are better at focusing/channeling their chi. Iroh said "your stomach is your sea of chi" and that you draw upon it and channel it. The only thing i don't understand is what is the limiting factor of a bender when it comes to how big they can bend. How come a water bender can't bend an ocean ...

Sshawarma

Verified Member
I think the answer will also answer the thing with katara not being to bend that much water....where is the limit of a bender on what they can do. I mean, avatar Kyoshi split apart a huge chunk of earth and moved it out to the sea to make kyoshi island

bordalandsdude191

Verified Member
I think the answer will also answer the thing with katara not being to bend that much water....where is the limit of a bender on what they can do. I mean, avatar Kyoshi split apart a huge chunk of earth and moved it out to the sea to make kyoshi island
Let's not forget she did so in the avatar state

Sshawarma

Verified Member
good point :D

so...what is the limit to a bender's power. I can't really think of anything except for how well you can channel your chi....which comes with experience.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Because the amount of water she was pushing to the side was so big she needed help.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
She was kinda like carrying a huge bag from one side, where she needed aang to help her carry the bag from the other side. Understand I'm speaking in a metaphorical representation of the waterbubble they did, which I don't have other words/ideas to describe for what reason she needed to ask for assistance, because I don't know :D. It could have been that she needed to increase the bubble's size/width, which her bubble radius isn't that big to cover the whole group of people in a line, or she probably needed the support because the end of the bubble (behind Aang) wasn't stable enough.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Like how in the plugin, the radius of her WaterBubble ability wasn't big enough for the whole group to fit in the air pocket. Notice how I'm repeating this like a douche, lol. Whenever I need to increase my bubble, I ask all my waterbending and airbending friends to move away from me further and that they should activate the bubble, to increase the width with their bubbles combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.