• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Mana/Energy system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
Sooooo, recently i had an idea that we could have an (optional) mana/energy system incorporated into the rpg plugin. It would work sort of as a tiredness level, where big moves use up more of your energy (all configurable). As you bend more and "level up" you gain more "energy capacity/experience". Moves would keep cooldown so that they cannot be spammed still. The energy bar can be refilled slowly over time, or maybe faster with a potion or something (<-- just rambling). I like the idea and want to know what the staff think about it.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
....searched mana on forums....there were arguments....deleting...... (just saying, in my opinion, benders do use up energy like any other physical movement when they bend, they can't just do a huge move over and over again as if it is nothing)

Sshawarma

Verified Member
okay.......can't delete thread, whatever ._. saw people getting into arguments about how bending uses up energy and how you get physically exhausted from bending.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
....searched mana on forums.... here were arguments....deleting...... (just saying, in my opinion, benders do use up energy like any other physical movement when they bend, they can't just do a huge move over and over again as if it is nothing)
That's what cooldowns represent. I do wish there was a
new config.yml option for every ability, where you can change the value of it to set on how many times can be the ability be performed without a cooldown before reaching that number.

Last edited:

Sshawarma

Verified Member
yeah, now that i think about it, a mana system for bending would make it too complicated/slow and may not work well with bending. I think it would also be kinda useless, seeing how there is the cooldown.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Mana concept or term doesn't exist in avatar universe as far as my knowledge goes. Energy term does fit, since it is a thing that classifies in general on how much the person has physical power to do a certain physical work.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Mana covers a mystical/metaphysical concept, unlike energy. In the show, the only time when benders stop bending is when they become physical exhausted, not drained out of mana or of a similar thing like tat/

Sshawarma

Verified Member
So they never become tired from bending unless from the physical effort of doing the move? How come boomi gets tired when he lifts huge rocks then?

Sshawarma

Verified Member
And when Katara has to part the ocean when going across the serpent's pass, she get tired, so aang makes them go in a bubble instead (since its easier to maintain)?

Sshawarma

Verified Member
I have an idea....a compromise. Maybe bending HUGE things is beyond their capacity/chi capability. But doing moves within their capacity does not drain "energy" since their chi does not get used up, only taken away or blocked.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
And when Katara has to part the ocean when going across the serpent's pass, she get tired, so aang makes them go in a bubble instead (since its easier to maintain)?
It's not that she was tired, but she asked more for a team effort - the group was to big and she wanted to expand the bubble on a little more. Benders have limits to what they can do, which depends in what condition they are in and how advanced they are in their particular bending field.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
Or....maybe bending takes away their physical energy, not from their chi energy. Sort of like how in eragon (the book) doing magic used physical energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.