• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Jedcore

fast meme

Verified Member
Oh please. As if right now the existing custom abilities (in the resource page) took one hour for their creators to make them *rolls eyes*.

Even if it does take long, there's a thing called "break"? Not paying enough, but neither I'm demaning to create it non-stop 24/7.

"is already out there", but it doesn't match what I would want. Well, *I* isn't the best a feedback voice to be taken for "I accept the challenge", because it more likely then not to happen in more people asked for the same request that I suggested, so your point wins I guess. Though, I wouldn't be asking here If I were to be pleased with what the side plugin provides.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
You're not in a position to be making demands, especially if you're not even willing to spend the effort to make your request in a nice and clear manner. Go through the effort of learning to program your own stuff if you want it that bad.

There's a reason there's multiple people designing pk
If there was any serious designing involved in the history of PK development, the source code wouldn't be the mess it is now.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You're not in a position to be making demands, especially if you're not even willing to spend the effort to make your request in a nice and clear manner. Go through the effort of learning to program your own stuff if you want it that bad.
1. I'm not demanding anyone.
2. All I wanted is for people who are interested in taking my request and take a shot at accepting it to pm me for details. Is that somehow wrong to do?
3. "Learn to program" - so does that mean I'm not allowed to create a request, plus I shouldn't download anything from the resource tab? Back to #1 point, by your logic that is what being said.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I don't understand how he's not in position to be making demands? The forums are for suggestions, issue reports and demands. Plus, he put the most adorable smiley face emoji I've ever seen. I think what you're referring to is when Mesk got a bit defensive in the replies above, which weren't demands.

I think you're taking things a bit out of context.

fast meme

Verified Member
1. I'm not demanding anyone.
2. All I wanted is for people who are interested in taking my request and take a shot at accepting it to pm me for details. Is that somehow wrong to do?
3. "Learn to program" - so does that mean I'm not allowed to create a request, plus I shouldn't download anything from the resource tab? Back to #1 point, by your logic that is what being said.
Oh please. As if right now the existing custom abilities (in the resource page) took one hour for their creators to make them *rolls eyes*.

Even if it does take long, there's a thing called "break"? Not paying enough, but neither I'm demaning to create it non-stop 24/7.
1. You're clearly stating there that making a resource 'takes one hour for their creators to make' and then went on and said 'even if it does take long, theres a thing called break'. You're pretty much saying 'it's not a lot of effort and even if it is then just take breaks', you're pretty much ordering people what to do.
2. I never stated it's wrong to make a request, if you do decide to make one it should be done in a nice and clear manner as that would make it more likely for your request to be honored. And make sure you don't make a demand instead of a request, because in order to make a demand you need to be in an authorative position, which you are not in.
3. The only thing I said was 'if you want it that bad, then go do it yourself'. (learning to program is part of that) Please point out where I said that if you can't program you can't make requests or even download a resource? I suggest you read a post twice before you respond to things that no one said.

This argument won't lead anywhere, but maybe if you make a new post with a clear and organized list of what you want, others might agree with the requests and increase your chances of finding someone willing to do it.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
1. Thought that the rolling eye part was a clear indicator that the sentence was sarcasticly said in response to the first commenter. Well it might sound off like that ("it's not a lot of effort") to you, but gonna let you know it wasn't my intention to do so. I'm just trying to point out that anybody is free to recreate that side plugin, because, once again, I'm requesting not asking.
2. My english isn't my first language, so that might explain why it doesn't sound request-y enough. I tried my best as I could do to put it in polite manner as possible in the original post.
3. No you didn't, but back to the whole point again - you misunderstood me with demanding over requesting.

Overall, I'm sorry for turning this thread to a mess. For whatever harm I cause that I'm not aware of, so sorry.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This argument won't lead anywhere, but maybe if you make a new post with a clear and organized list of what you want, others might agree with the requests and increase your chances of finding someone willing to do it.
That's probably my fault. Thought, still... maybe I better end here, because I just don't wanna start another fight of ours here :/
I don't understand how he's not in position to be making demands? The forums are for suggestions, issue reports and demands. Plus, he put the most adorable smiley face emoji I've ever seen. I think what you're referring to is when Mesk got a bit defensive in the replies above, which weren't demands.

I think you're taking things a bit out of context.
Actually this was towards for the creation of custom side plugin. Nothing official.

Switch

Verified Member
Mask, dude. You can quite obviously see how many people are currently working on PK ( thanks for the new update ( fucked my server xD ) ).
But you can see that for the whole creation of the plugin loads of people were needed as well as many people giving their ideas on how the moves and base code for the plugin could be improved.
I get your point on wanting jedCore stuffs to be implemented in Pk, but for Jed to make the add on, ( of about 30+ odd moves ( which is about the same number of moves that PK currently has ( not including extras ) ) ), but the plugin was developed over time, like 2 - 3.
If you want other people to spend that much time on making an add on for jedCore ( guessing you want all the moves currently added ) thats gonna take ages, even if people take breaks. Say people need to spend like 1/4 of the time for their personal life that would still take like 4 - 5 years, which PK would have quite obviously died or moved much further on.
It would be pretty kewl to have those moves but you really can't expect anyone to make that stuff.
If you really want it done, I would very much surgest learning java. You know, you gotta start like now, you've got 3 years to do it :
https://www.udemy.com/java-the-complete-java-developer-course/learn/v4/overview
and your gonna want to learn some of the minecraft API crap.
- Switch
Ps, better get a move on
Pps, if you do reply, don't you dare tl;dr it ( like all my other posts )

Matt

Verified Member
Atm, learning java. Still have no idea were to even start for making moves or anything of the sort ;o;
If you need any sort of help with the projectkorra, bukkit or base java api, you can feel free to message me :)

Switch

Verified Member
Yep, quite willing. Probably quite a bit to ask for, but it would be really useful if I could see the Java for a simple move like water manipulation or earth grab. ( Even though I'm not too far through learning Java )

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yep, quite willing. Probably quite a bit to ask for, but it would be really useful if I could see the Java for a simple move like water manipulation or earth grab. ( Even though I'm not too far through learning Java )
ProjectKorra is open source, so anybody can look at the code. Here's the repository on GitHub: https://github.com/ProjectKorra/ProjectKorra
From there you can navigate to classes, for example; WaterManipulation: https://github.com/ProjectKorra/ProjectKorra/blob/master/src/com/projectkorra/projectkorra/waterbending/WaterManipulation.java
And EarthGrab: https://github.com/ProjectKorra/ProjectKorra/blob/master/src/com/projectkorra/projectkorra/earthbending/EarthGrab.java

Switch

Verified Member
WOW ! Thanks a bunch man. I understand some of the stuff in the code, pretty complicated ATM, but this will help loads.

Switch

Verified Member
Just got on my server, theres a new update for jedCore, does anyone know what it updates ?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You can quite obviously see how many people are currently working on PK ( thanks for the new update ( fucked my server xD ) ).
And those who don't work for pk. I'm not applying that (it's necessary) people from PK DEV department to work on recreating jedcore or its abilities.
But you can see that for the whole creation of the plugin loads of people were needed as well as many people giving their ideas on how the moves and base code for the plugin could be improved.
Considering that only one person (at least I was told by that person) work on Jedcore, and person username was jedk1. So no, I can't "see that for the whole creationof the plugin loads of people were needed..."
I get your point on wanting jedCore stuffs to be implemented in Pk,
  1. No, I don't want it to be implemented in PK.
  2. If I did, I would have posted or asked already to move this thread where it should belong to ("ProjectKorra (Core)" >> "Suggestions")
  3. When I say "Can someone", that implies to anyone that does or does not for PK but of course obviously - regardless they need to have good knowledge and skill for coding to accomplish my said request.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
And those who don't work for pk. I'm not applying that (it's necessary) people from PK DEV department to work on recreating jedcore or its abilities.

Considering that only one person (at least I was told by that person) work on Jedcore, and person username was jedk1. So no, I can't "see that for the whole creationof the plugin loads of people were needed..."

1. No, I don't want it to be implemented in PK.
  2. If I did, I would have posted or asked already to move this thread where it should belong to ("ProjectKorra (Core)" >> "Suggestions")
  3. When I say "Can someone", that implies to anyone that does or does not for PK but of course obviously - regardless they need to have good knowledge and skill for coding to accomplish my said request.
Wrong.

Jedk1 maintains JedCore. Yes he build the base of it. But a lot of the moves in it were not created by him. Just making that clear. JedCore was also built up over time and not made "overnight". That's impossible for ANY DEV.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
If you want other people to spend that much time on making an add on for jedCore ( guessing you want all the moves currently added ) thats gonna take ages, even if people take breaks.
Well, I don't care. I should have my clear and made up my mind that I don't necessary side plugin, but at least have them recreate a few if not all abilities from it. My fault and I apologize for not making my give desires verbally clearer.
It would be pretty kewl to have those moves but you really can't expect anyone to make that stuff.
That doesn't mean I can't suggest it and have hopes for someone at least in trying to recreate the whole/some custom stuff from it.
If you really want it done, I would very much surgest learning java. You know, you gotta start like now, you've got 3 years to do it :
https://www.udemy.com/java-the-complete-java-developer-course/learn/v4/overview
and your gonna want to learn some of the minecraft API crap.
- Switch
Ps, better get a move on
Pps, if you do reply, don't you dare tl;dr it ( like all my other posts )
Thanks, but I already know where I can teach myself stuff. I can't devotate my time on it atm, but I'll be sure to do so, because I have bigger plans to the plugin community than just making abilities (though, the "bigger plan" got inspired by the PK plugin itself, so props and kudos for it helping me find a true potential on what things mc can be offerd with).

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Wrong.

Jedk1 maintains JedCore. Yes he build the base of it. But a lot of the moves in it were not created by him. Just making that clear. JedCore was also built up over time and not made "overnight". That's impossible for ANY DEV.
Oh right. I forgot that he did took over abandanod moves, and he forced jedcore to absorb every one of them. Though it started with a bunch a few moves.

Kess

Verified Member
Just got on my server, theres a new update for jedCore, does anyone know what it updates ?
You can ask jed on his server or i'ma can ask him for you i got him to update it to 1.8.1 which has some bugs tho in 1.8.2 hmm ima might need to ask him again hes the owner of rockmc ima think thats what his server is called