• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Jed-core discussion.

RoboToe

This thread is retarded
Never take me seriously

(For any very late readers, basically I was being a dickhead trying to somehow convince the whole dev team to put down everything and program all of the jedcore moves into the core plugin)

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
This thread is for discussing if JedCore's popularity is good or not.
The addon JedCore is very popular, and I think that it is not the best thing to be popular.
JedCore is on most servers, and it's highly expected on Bending servers, but it's not even updated anymore by the original developer! I've had two ideas in mind 1) we as a community need to remove JedCore from the main popular servers and start teaching players how to use the default ProjectKorra moves. 2) We request for the ProjectKorra team to implement JedCore moves into ProjectKorra, I feel like this is a better option, I personally love Jedk1's JedCore Idea, but I think ProjectKorra would do it better, they KNOW their own code, and they would do AMAZING adding Jedk1's moves!
How do you mean they know their own code? Everyone can "know" PK's code, it's open source. How else do you think addons work.

xNuminousx

This post is a lot less aggressive which I like. Hopefully our resolution can be peaceful as well.

I think ProjectKorra would do it better, they KNOW their own code
I don't think you realize who made JedCore in the first place. Sure, it was a collaboration but for the most part it was put together by someone named jedk1. He was a ProjectKorra developer at one point and still to this day, after over a year of being gone, is one of the highest contributors to the ProjectKorra source.
Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 10.02.14 PM.png
The green number being the lines of code he's added to the source and the red being the amount he removed. Notice how these numbers accumulated in only 175 commits.

So I think it's VERY safe to say that he knew the ProjectKorra code just fine. And about things breaking, you still haven't mentioned what it is exactly that's breaking.

it's not even updated anymore by the original developer
I personally feel that this isn't really a valid argument. If the new developer of JedCore wasn't doing a good job, then sure. But the new developer of JedCore has fixed A LOT of issues with the project that Jed was making. I'll provide a link in which you can read ALL of the changes the new developer made since Jed dropped the project.
Link: https://github.com/plushmonkey/JedCore/blob/master/README.md
As you can see, a lot has been changed so I also think it's very safe to say that the new developer was best for the JedCore project.

we as a community need to remove JedCore from the main popular servers
This is simply morally wrong. It's okay if you don't want servers using it, that's you opinion. And it's also okay if you attempt to make a replacement for JedCore somehow, it's your life. But attempting to remove it from severs (and by the way you put it, it sounds like you mean forcefully) is not okay. Just like you have an opinion about it being bad, they have an opinion about it being useful. So it's okay to do what we're doing here and debating, but an attempt to just take someones opinion away like that is not right.

We request for the ProjectKorra team to implement JedCore moves into ProjectKorra
If you skim through the suggestions in the forums you'll find that a lot of JedCore abilities have already been suggested. If not blatantly, then similar suggestions have been made. So it's no secret that JedCore could have been apart of ProjectKorra. Technically, ProjectKorra has the right to merge the entirety of JedCore into their plugin if they so choose. They can edit it and do whatever they want with it. It's been years and it hasn't happened so don't hold your breath.

The addon JedCore is very popular, and I think that it is not the best thing to be popular.
I would really like to know some of the reasons why you think it should not be popular. You keep saying it shouldn't be popular and that it breaks but I don't see any examples or solutions. I just would like to see your reasonings behind your passion about the topic.

Hopefully I helped :)

A few issues with your proposal OP:
1. How would you remove that addon pack from the main server and influence players to just stop ,out of the blue, sticking with the content it provides? I don't think they're just gonna change their minds and abandoned that custom pack because somebody demanded so.
2) Correct me If I'm wrong, PK Staff did say they may/will take over it or improve upon its custom abilities whilst converting them into stock one's. However the current status of updates coming to PK plugin is already slowed down in progress a lot this year, and especally taking into accounts that new features/abilities/mechanics other than bug fixes rarely are included in frequent builds, I can estimate on my guess that after 2-5 years is when developers really will start feeding PK with new gameplay.

xNuminousx

Well it’s very difficult to stop something from being mainstream especially since so many servers depend on it to get they’re player count up.

Personally, I enjoy JedCore. Even if it’s not canon in some areas or makes something OP. It’s fun to use and makes PvP more interesting in my opinion. The stock abilities alone seem bland compared to the addon. If there was a replacement that was just as fun to use, I’d love to try it out.

yoyochan666

As far as I have seen, balance seems to be one of the biggest issues with Jedcore. Most people find balance boring and being OP fun. Of course there is a limit to how much fun you can have with these imbalances but they are still overall enjoyable. PK was developed very well and was made with the intention to be balanced and similar to avatar. Jedcore was made to be fun and thats pretty much it. Sometimes PK can get stale alone and need things to spice it up and since the progress of the updates have been slow, that hasnt been happening lately.

As far as I have seen, balance seems to be one of the biggest issues with Jedcore. Most people find balance boring and being OP fun. Of course there is a limit to how much fun you can have with these imbalances but they are still overall enjoyable. PK was developed very well and was made with the intention to be balanced and similar to avatar. Jedcore was made to be fun and thats pretty much it. Sometimes PK can get stale alone and need things to spice it up and since the progress of the updates have been slow, that hasnt been happening lately.
Indeed. Though I'm sure If PK takes some of things of Jedcore, retweek and balance I'm sure servers would be preferring to uninstall Jedcore. PK has to make up for something that would render Jedcore useless, whilst making an balancing alternative that would drag more into supporting the official version.

As for OP, If it were possible and somehow we got rid of jedcore from all servers, oh the blacklash would be real.

xNuminousx

I not once ever said that I absolutely hate the moves. I freaking love JedCore moves, they're really fun, it's just that somehow every time I install it on my server, PK moves stop working, JedCore moves start glitching, etc.
It's because you're not installing it right. Pk works fine with JedCore and the many servers successfully using it are evidence of that.

xNuminousx

In response to your edits:

It has broken ProjectKorra many times on my server.
Your server, your fault. It's not happening for anyone else. And if it is then they aren't installing it properly either.

but it's not even updated anymore by the original developer
At least it's being updated at all.

We get players to learn how to deal with no JedCore
And deal with the rage of the Pk community? Only a couple of opinionated people have had a major impact on this project imagine the rage of everyone. Sure, not everyone likes JedCore but it is a large majority. Though, there are some who don't even realize that they're using JedCore.

We request for the ProjectKorra team to implement JedCore moves into ProjectKorra, I feel like this is a better option
I do not feel like this is the better option. The person who currently updates it knows what they're doing and is good at it, not to mention efficient.

I think the moves would maybe be a bit more stable being part of the Core build.
Adding them to the core build will not change them. Devs are not going to waste their time going through each class and making sure it fits their criteria. JedCore exists as it is, perfectly fine, and that's that. Just because something becomes a Core ability does not in anyway make it flawless.

JettMC

It has broken ProjectKorra many times on my server.
You're probably using a wrong version of it or not installing it properly.... It will break it..

it's not even updated anymore by the original developer!
The Original Developer Jedk1 quit projectkorra and Minecraft [I think]
Because he might be really busy, he maybe went to college, or these things. I'm sure he didn't quit because of getting bored of it. [if yes, then uhm.. idk but I'm sure not]

1) We get players to learn how to deal with no JedCore
How would you do that? I mean, you can't make an owner remove JedCore or anything else..
And again, there are over like 50 servers running PK and JDC. You can't make them remove jedcore + they would lose players.

2) We request for the ProjectKorra team to implement JedCore moves into ProjectKorra, I feel like this is a better option, I personally love Jedk1's JedCore Idea, but I think ProjectKorra would do it better, I think the moves would maybe be a bit more stable being part of the Core build.
You feel like this is a better option, I understand..
JedCore is perfectly fine.
But Developers wouldn't waste their time on this, as Numi said:
Devs are not going to waste their time going through each class and making sure it fits their criteria

xNuminousx

Hey, I would like to put into account that a lot of servers have customized JedCore, they aren't actually running JedCore. They have their own versions. This is what makes it a pain for inexperienced owners to successfully and safely run JedCore.
Again, you're not doing it right. Most servers are using publicly updated versions of JedCore which means you can get it too. But you're so against it so oh well.

JettMC

If not anything said here, I think somebody should release the abilities as separate add-ons in a zip folder to drop in the abilities folder. Being that some people only want to use the original moves plus a couple of highly requested moves.
First of all, I can't code, I can't make abilities. But I think it would take a longer time to recreate them.
I don't think PlushMonkey will stop updating jedcore. Jedcore should stay like how it is.

Some people will like it, some not. If the person doesn't like it, he or she doesn't need to download it, not trying to make players not use it!
If they release them as seperate addons, jedcore would stay anyway, they wouldn't stop updating it.
We really should stop discussing about this, I see that you're against it so well. I don't think it has a proper point anymore, Jedcore would stay anyways.., whatever you suggest, whatever anyone suggests.

Also, people should continue making their own abilities, not copy Jedcore's abilities..