• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Invisibility

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
We seen flight as a new sub element for airbenders. We didn't see it reflecting to the air element, unless that the air is not bound to gravity and can "fly". So why not making your body like air-alike ,as the air is invisible
Controlling the air around you allows you to "fly"

HydroMan

Verified Member
Also if you think about it ,Flight represents the true freedom of the airbenders ,so I think there is some kind of connection of freedom by the "Invisibility" ,as you really are undatected by others.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
We seen flight as a new sub element for airbenders. We didn't see it reflecting to the air element, unless that the air is not bound to gravity and can "fly". So why not making your body like air-alike ,as the air is invisible
The person's air bending makes them be able to bend the air and effectively cancel air resistance and becomes buoyant. The bender does not just turn into air when they fly. That's like a firebender turning into fire or an earthbender turning into rocks.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Think about this:
Amon was able to bloodbend using his mind. As where combusion man and P'li, Ming Hua more or less could as well.

When Zaheer lost his earthly bonds, his mind become free and clear enough to airbend with great skill, as to make himself buoyant as Bear said. Think about this, babies have no earthly attatchments, so shouldn't all baby airbenders be able to fly? No because they aren't focusing.

Even if you deny this, and still try to claim that invisibility is a property of air and that benders are made of their elements, air isn't affected by photons. If there was a way for us to use air to become invisible, we would have invisibility cloaks irl.

HydroMan

Verified Member
What about lightbending? Is there any science for a FIREbender to even have that power? If you'll prove that ,then i might consider invisibility to not even be a subelement for air

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
What about lightbending? Is there any science for a FIREbender to even have that power? If you'll prove that ,then i might consider invisibility to not even be a subelement for air
I assume you mean lightning generation?

Anyway, the firebenders firebend by pushing out energy in the form of heat and light aka fire, watch Aang training with Jeong Jeong.

As Iroh explained, when you firebend you separate this energy into a positive and negative and then you guide it out of your body.

jedk1

How come?
Did you honestly just ask why an air bender cant become invisible?
You cant be all like, "la di da di da, just going for my morning walk" and -POOF- "mwhaha i can no longer be seen! now... I wonder if my neighbor is in the shower hehehehe hahha mwhahahahahaha... wait ignore that last bit... infact how are you even reading this conscience?"

HydroMan

Verified Member
Controlling the air around you allows you to "fly"
If that was true ,then why in the process in flight there wasn't air surronding the user a.k.a Zaheer (ik that air is invisible ,but in the show you can see it is represtent for the visual effect of airbending being used)

HydroMan

Verified Member
Ok I'm just gonna give up on convincing you that invisibility could be possible just like flight was introduced :p

HydroMan

Verified Member
Think about this:
Amon was able to bloodbend using his mind. As where combusion man and P'li, Ming Hua more or less could as well.

When Zaheer lost his earthly bonds, his mind become free and clear enough to airbend with great skill, as to make himself buoyant as Bear said. Think about this, babies have no earthly attatchments, so shouldn't all baby airbenders be able to fly? No because they aren't focusing.

Even if you deny this, and still try to claim that invisibility is a property of air and that benders are made of their elements, air isn't affected by photons. If there was a way for us to use air to become invisible, we would have invisibility cloaks irl.
If we compared lighting and invisibility ,we can see that they dont really match to their elements whatsoever

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
If we compared lighting and invisibility ,we can see that they dont really match to their elements whatsoever
1. Lightning is a source of fire
2. Lightning has been confirmed canon
3. Invisibility doesn't match its element because it doesn't have one
4. Due from the fact that air particles do not affect the passage of light and vice versa you have no evidence to support your claim
5. Mist, the devs, and concept designers ALL doubt that any sub elements will be added, even ones that actually have some merit to them, so why would this?
6. I already explained how lightning fits into firebending

Sorin

Verified Member
If that was true ,then why in the process in flight there wasn't air surronding the user a.k.a Zaheer (ik that air is invisible ,but in the show you can see it is represtent for the visual effect of airbending being used)
Zaheer is the leader of the Red Lotus, a martial arts expert, and an anarchist, who strongly believes in the foundation of a new world without the Order of the White Lotus, the four nations, or the Avatar.[1] After the Harmonic Convergence of 171 AG, he also became an airbender and, after having let go of his final earthly tether, he unlocked the ability of flight, becoming the second person ever to have done so. So in other word's air didn't surround, but he let go of his earthly tether and mastered something to be thought impossible. But in a logical way explain to me how air make's you vanish.......

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
You could mimicry the appearence of wind/air ,then that way you'll become invisible. Thats how i though of it that could fit in air
What part of bending do you not get? They MANIPULATE the element itself. They are NOT made of the element. They are NOT wizards of their element. They are NOT Pokémon of that element, am I leaving anything out?

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Agreed with Pickle. I hate how people associate elements based on what was seen in other fandoms such as attaching lava to firebending and plants to earthbending. I play a lot of Guild Wars as an elementalist and I know the major difference. Also, you can't see air around Zaheer when he flies? What are they breathing, then .-.

How do waterbenders swim so fast in water and even through ice

How do earthbenders sink into the ground with little effort

Isn't it logical that airbenders move quickly through their element?