• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Improvements to combustion.

Do you want to see combustion improved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadowx329

Verified Member
Hmm maybe,the base of a combustion is white,and and as it gains range each pop noise releases a ring of redish fire.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Guardian laser is usually suggested for lightning, and thats what I think it looks best as personally

Shadowx329

Verified Member
My view of combustion would look like a highly condensed straight line of white firework particles, every 10ish blocks you here its signature pop noise and a flash of mobspawner particles in a circle form and quickly vanish. this goes on until it strikes something,if it goes a long time before hitting something it vanishes overall.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
My view of combustion would look like a highly condensed straight line of white firework particles, every 10ish blocks you here its signature pop noise and a flash of mobspawner particles in a circle form and quickly vanish. this goes on until it strikes something,if it goes a long time before hitting something it vanishes overall.
I think the guardian laser would be better since normal particles will fall.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
And keep in mind theres no guarantee we will even be able to use these new 1.8 things like guardian beams etc.

Chen

Verified Member
Combustion bending to Firebending can just be how Bloodbending is to Waterbending, it's there if the server owner wants it to be there.

Migsel

Verified Member
I don't think having your chi blocked right before shooting the combustion would just blow up your face... I think they should just need to recharge again. In an episode of LoK, Bolin hit P'li's head with a rock before she was going to shoot, and she got imbalanced and, well, she didn't really blow up. I think they should get blown up if the combustion hits an earthblast right in front of their face though.

owlcool

Verified Member
It definitely needs at least some improvements. A charged fireblast hitting wood breaks more then combustion on dirt. It could have a increased range. To balence it, you could have it blow up in your face if you get hit in the timezone of charging it, or when it is charged. It needs to move faster, as in the show. Again, it can blow up on you. That would balance it well.

owlcool

Verified Member
And I mean, they don't need to be hit on the head, if it can it would be nice to see if it could be on the upper block. If not, just anywhere on the body is fine. It could be a danger to the bender if someone raises earth at just the right time.

Immallama

Verified Member
I wish you could charge combustion. I was thinking to charge combustion you could hold shift and the xp bar would start to fill up. It would be one of those things where the more you charge the stronger it gets, but if it fills all the way up it backfires on you. Just shortly tapping shift would still fire, but the blast would be incredibly weak.

Unfortunately, without a texture pack this would be impossible and I don't really think anyone would be too happy about needing to download one.

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
I hate to make this suggestion... because it would make the move somewhat over powered.
If you looked closely in the background during the fight scene of Lin and her sister versus P'Li(Season Finale), P'Li actually redirected or set a target to where her combustion would hit, as in it curved. Either it was possible for her to redirect it or she can set a spot as to which or where it will land.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I don't think it was a target point, but not exactly a redirection either, though you've got the idea. She ever-so-slightly curved the beam as she was shooting it, which would credit her to having a quick reaction time.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
Yes! It would be cool if in 1.8 they could somehow use the guardian's laser instead of the firework particles. It should move faster also.
I think they're planning on using that for lightning. So far I've been pretty happy with combustion, its not really that slow and you are able to make it explode on command. The only thing that hasn't really been put in is curving combustion, but even the original combustion bender couldn't do that. Personally I think the guardian animation suits lightning better anyways.