• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Iceclaws and FrostBreath

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I have explained how the balance will be ruined so many times. Please re-read and don't be hypocritical. Every person I've talked to has had to re-read your post more than 5 times to understand your invalid points.
I only remember you giving reason about percentage thing. If you did give me the reason how it will ruin the balance, besides the chance event, can you quote it again? Either I forgot it just now or I didn't notice you saying.
What????????¿¿
Well you disagree with frostbreath, because I think you didn't want it to be replace jedk1's as you won't be able to safe yourself from falling (assuming your not playing on your server, you would simply disable the official one and install its oone, since they would both occupy the same name and two abilities cant be running with the same name between them).

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Post is fully edited and updated, excep for probably grammar&typo mistakes, which still I'll be fixing.

SvenTurtle98

Verified Member
Combustion would be a 1 shot kill.
Lightning would be a 1 shot kill to those in water.
Torrent would be redirectable.
Surge would be like a firejet.
Rain would be bendable.
Chi would take your bending for a while with one punch..
Come again with canon?
Without nerfs, most of these are possible. My point was that not selecting a source is not necessarily lazy.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Thou, spammers can get incourage to be lazy. There are some people that don't bother bending without bottles.
Post is fully edited and updated, excep for probably grammar&typo mistakes, which still I'll be fixing.
The Irony of mine :D

Last edited:

Noatak

Verified Member
Well you disagree with frostbreath, because I think you didn't want it to be replace jedk1's as you won't be able to safe yourself from falling (assuming your not playing on your server, you would simply disable the official one and install its oone, since they would both occupy the same name and two abilities cant be running with the same name between them).
I asked you ''what'' because you said quite the cringey things. xD. I have no idea what you said dude. You should re-read your sentences before you post.

Noatak

Verified Member
I disagree with this because it would still ruin the balance other servers have managed to achieve. If you step out of water when there are no sources nearby, that is YOUR fault. An arena should always have a balanced arena. No excuses for that one. You're just giving waterbenders the advantage everywhere. Just no dude.

HydroMan

Verified Member
@Hero, what you think? I need panda's opinion
everywhere
Correct, not everywhere. Not in the desert and not in the nether. I know you excluded them, but just worth mentioning that again. You have a point on servers must-having balanced arenas.

Last edited:

Noatak

Verified Member
@Hero, what you think? I need panda's opinion

Correct, not everywhere. Not in the desert and not in the nether. I know you excluded them, but just worth mentioning that again. You have a point on servers must-having balanced arenas.
''Everywhere'' was used loosely. If you can't tell.. then whoooooops.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Funny enough, but I don't see how this usefull and bad foor waterbenders in arenas. am I missing something and not understanding properly ;-; I still wish you paste quotation as to why is this useless.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I liked how the percentage was created, but I thought if missed something... I feel like if I am in a really unlucky day, where I get attacked by an Airbender and I try these abilities and in the 90 times I tried, none worked, it would be disapointing. I like the idea of the percentage to get higher when there are water bodies around, but in my opinion, it would be better to make some changes. Instead of probability of successing of 10% (or anything you want), the first time you use condensation to perform a move it would be 100% successful. If used a second time in less than ten seconds, the percentage would drop to 75%. If used a third time in the ten seconds followed of the second use, 30% and so on. As more water is being used from the air, lesser the water will be there.

The 50 blocks range idea isn't bad, but you could be in a snowy biome or jungle with no water sources near and being unable to use condensation. The probabilities would get higher or smaller depending on which biome you're in.

HydroMan

Verified Member
The 50 blocks range idea isn't bad, but you could be in a snowy biome or jungle with no water sources near and being unable to use condensation. The probabilities would get higher or smaller depending on which biome you're in.
Jungle and snowy biome has lots of source, so why makes this condencation. Welll, if there happen to be frequently thoses biome without water/ice/plant, I could obviously makes this an except.

I don't want spammers to get lazy ans not use the source block or even bottles, so that's why I included range

Hero

Verified Member
What's the point in adding it if it's not to be used on a regular basis?
With such a small chance for it to actually work, nobody would use it making it a waste of time to make this ability.
Because PK wouldnt hurt to have some random moves. Would you rather have waterbenders spamming this 24/7? I dont think so. Chances are better than random chaos data, but it wouldnt be that bad.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Ew. Im very against people who say "Im a competitive [element]". Probably one of the more selfish people on the forums.
I remember someone's quote and I can relate with yours. (This isn't the precise precise, but mine interpertatin) "I wish you would try to do this change to be applied for the greater of good to other benders, not just to only yourself."

Moonelight

Verified Member
Okay, this thread is kind of confusing? But I am pretty sure I understand. I don't see the point in giving users a move that only has a chance of being used. And in my opinion, Aang used a form of AirBreath to create dry ice, not regular ice.

I am going to be placing this Denied, because the idea you have of "Condensation" for FrostBreath isn't all that accurate in my opinion. IceClaws needs to be a separate suggestion aswell. Please do not put more than one move in a suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.