• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Iceclaws and FrostBreath

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Condensation
- a process, when a waterbender pulls moisture from thin air.

"Condensation: Not only can skilled waterbenders condense clouds into a usable source of water when they are within close range of one,[53] but they also can condense invisible water vapor right out of the air.[3] Although, due to the limited quantities of water present in the air, as a mere 1% at most of the earth's atmosphere is water vapor, the amount of water extracted from the air is quite minimal. Favorable environment and climatic conditions increase the amount of water one can remove from the air."

This process would be applied for waterbenders. Basically If they happen to be in area where around them there is no source to be found in 50 blocks away, this system will then come into play: there abilities will be reduce down to scale 5-1, giving them advantage to do minor feats when there is no water near them. One of the example would icespike-iceclaw.

Iceclaws
:
this has been suggested and got looking into, so I'll go straight to my point on how its source can be pulled straight from thin air.

Once icespike is used by the condensation method only, a waterbender can than form iceclaws (in minecraft way - particles) on his/hers fingers with the use of icespike from the moisture found in the air. This will deal minor damage (1.5 hearts ) and will have a medium cooldown.

In warm terraind, such as the deserpotential. nether, there will be none moisture in there, thus the condensation concept won't be applied for waterbenders.

In my opinion, iceclaws should also activate when left clicking with a bottle in hand.

This is example for iceclaws. For Waterarms, it would shape the water into gloves on their hand, rather than arms on arms. Being as gloves, multiabilities like grapple, pull and icespear that its counterpart waterarms has, thissubabilties won't exist.

FrostBreath: There will be a rare chance for the breath of ice to occur.

Basically, when you click with phasechange on a solid block, it will then turn certain type of blocks around that block into ice (or should packed ice?). Clicking a few more times will freeze more and more, reaching the radius to what phasechange is originally set to. Breaking (with hand) those turned into ice blocks, will drop loot of what that previous block consists of (aka grass to dirt).

While frostbreath was used numerious times in show, it still doesn't compare to how Aang used it to freeze a metal chain with the exception of not even needing to use water at all.

Why must this added?
  1. I don't see any point as to why not frostbreath should be added. This is well balanced, as like I said this ability occur only at a very rare, slight chance, so you are almost never likely to see a waterbender performing this and approximately 6-8 times in a year can a waterbender perform this.
  2. Diversity is fun and cool
  3. Pretty balanced and very potential.
  4. Aren't spammable.
  5. Condensation system gives the upper-hand advantage when no source is found, while still leaving it balance and un-spammabla by lazy benders who don't consider to use block-source selection for their bending often or never.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Now I'm waiting for someone to argue why shouldn't this be added, as I think there is no need to do so :D Like I seriously don't see any reason in disregarding this idea. Weird enough to me, that nobody of this 'rare chance' solution, in making this a worth entry to thr plugin

HydroMan

Verified Member
That's literally 3 in 10,000. Would be useless to even try to use it in a battle when you have those slim odds.
Then make it to 01%. But that's the point of it, it shouldn't be used on a regular bases by waterbenders, or else it would be called aero-waterbending.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
If we gonna make this work from a source block, rainbending to this could be applied as well. Ofcourse, using those sources the percentage is not gonna apply, as its gonna be 100%, always meaning it will always work, like with the existing abilities. (i don't need to explain why).

HydroMan

Verified Member
A thing I though for ice claws - if they all succesfully hit a target that behind him is a wall, it could then pin down the target to the wall for a medium long duration.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
it shouldn't be used on a regular bases by waterbenders
What's the point in adding it if it's not to be used on a regular basis?
With such a small chance for it to actually work, nobody would use it making it a waste of time to make this ability.

HydroMan

Verified Member
What's the point in adding it if it's not to be used on a regular basis?
With such a small chance for it to actually work, nobody would use it making it a waste of time to make this ability.
But it can save someones life when they have water in hand, and they would be thanking this ability!

Otherwise, if you really all think that this is a waste with it being a perchantage, make it so that this ability condensation would only work if water isnt detective by the plugin in a huge radius (50 blocks for example).

Edit: Oops, I meant the condensation system, not ice claws ability.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
^ Wow, I should add this to my post! I'm so genius :rolleyes:

Also, I re-thought of it, that it should be fair to increase the chance of frostbreath occuring, to 10%.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Yes, but to Samurai's disliking, I'm suggesting it now (either this) that condensation shouldn't work when the water is found within a huge radius around the user.

Noatak

Verified Member
Honestly, this is just a very bad suggestion.
When you get tossed 20 blocks in the air, nobody wants to only have a 10% chance of surviving that fall.
I could never see this added to core Korra or even Jedcore, honestly. 10% is still very unreliable and just completely unnecessary. As a competitive waterbender, this would completely make waterbenders in the arena without bottles vulnerable to airstreaming and airsuctioning.. As well as to a waterbender's waterflow and even an earthbender's earthsmash. It's just not a very good idea in the eyes of an arena player.

Noatak

Verified Member
Also, most of your reasons for adding this are all biased opinions...
I don't see how having 2 unreliable moves is fun..
Everybody has different aspects of balance and in my opinion this would just make air water and earth aim for fall damage against a helpless waterbender .. Why even bind 2 unreliable moves?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Why even bind 2 unreliable moves?
Re-read the post. Did I meantion them being binds.

I don't know what you mean fall damage. What it has to do with anything with this?
As a competitive waterbender, this would completely make waterbenders in the arena without bottles vulnerable to airstreaming and airsuctioning.. As well as to a waterbender's waterflow and even an earthbender's earthsmash. It's just not a very good idea in the eyes of an arena player.
Again, what this has to do with anything? To what are referring? FrostBreath?

Noatak

Verified Member

I don't know what you mean fall damage. What it has to do with anything with this?
Oh my lord.
Are you serious? You must not be an arena player..
Frostbreath and iceclaws are moves that you BIND. Why bind them if they'll be useless?
Also.. Airstreaming to your death.. Waterflowing to death... Earthsmash to death..
Basically your opponent uses fall damage to make you die.
This would help promote that.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Oh my lord.
Are you serious? You must not be an arena player..
Frostbreath and iceclaws are moves that you BIND. Why bind them if they'll be useless?
Also.. Airstreaming to your death.. Waterflowing to death... Earthsmash to death..
Basically your opponent uses fall damage to make you die.
This would help promote that.
You do know that existing frostbreat and iceclaws are just addon, right? And also, that they aren't supported by the main plugin?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Seeing that you replied right after I edit my reply after yours, assuming you probably didnt notice the change. So I'm retyping it again..
Why even bind 2 unreliable moves?

As a competitive waterbender, this would completely make waterbenders in the arena without bottles vulnerable to airstreaming and airsuctioning.. As well as to a waterbender's waterflow and even an earthbender's earthsmash. It's just not a very good idea in the eyes of an arena player.
Again, what this has to do with anything? To what are referring? FrostBreath?

Noatak

Verified Member
You do know that existing frostbreat and iceclaws are just addon, right? And also, that they aren't supported by the main plugin?
They happen to be used at servers where I am waterchief at.
I never said anything about them not being addons lol
I just think this idea is ridiculous. I'm sorry but a 10% chance of a move working is just crossing the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.