• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

HeatControl counter of IceSpike

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/watermanip-icespike-phasechange-switch.2539/ - the idea originally came from this ,just adding the same idea to the fire element.

Basically, when a waterbender shoots an icespike projectile, a firebender with heatcontrol can l-click on the projectile to counter it. What would happen is after clicking on it with heatcontrol selected ,the icespike would then turn into its water state, would stay half a second in place, and then drop onto the ground ,csusing a small flood and would disappear afterwards. However, the cost for heatcontrol would be a long cooldown (5min. would be enough) only for the other counter to perform, so that this add-on won't turn a spam and op.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/watermanip-icespike-phasechange-switch.2539/ - the idea originally came from this ,just adding the same idea to the fire element.

Basically, when a waterbender shoots an icespike projectile, a firebender with heatcontrol can l-click on the projectile to counter it. What would happen is after clicking on it with heatcontrol selected ,the icespike would then turn into its water state, would stay half a second in place, and then drop onto the ground ,csusing a small flood and would disappear afterwards. However, the cost for heatcontrol would be a long cooldown (5min. would be enough) only for the other counter to perform, so that this add-on won't turn a spam and op.
I don't think something with a 5 min cooldown will ever be used. It only works with ice spike (witch can be spammed btw) so yet another reason for this to not be used. I think most people will forget about this due to it not being practical in a pvp situation.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I don't think something with a 5 min cooldown will ever be used. It only works with ice spike (witch can be spammed btw) so yet another reason for this to not be used. I think most people will forget about this due to it not being practical in a pvp situation.
The developers will add the cooldown however they want by default (would be configurable ofc for server owners). I suģgest no less then 1min.

Loony

Verified Member
Ice spike isn't used often anymore since ice blast was implemented. It also moves pretty quickly, so with the speed of the move and reaction time from player's it wouldn't be that useable. Also, I think a 5 minute cool down is a little ridiculous, since they can basically spam ice spike.

I do like the idea of one elements moves interacting with another elements moves, I think there should be more of that.

Hero

Verified Member
Ice spike isn't used often anymore since ice blast was implemented. It also moves pretty quickly, so with the speed of the move and reaction time from player's it wouldn't be that useable. Also, I think a 5 minute cool down is a little ridiculous, since they can basically spam ice spike.

I do like the idea of one elements moves interacting with another elements moves, I think there should be more of that.
I use ice spike alot because it can slow people down. Ice Blast can too, but you need to be near ice.

Loony

Verified Member
I use ice spike alot because it can slow people down. Ice Blast can too, but you need to be near ice.
There's still this issue of Ice Blast speed vs reaction time = Ice Blast speed wins

And you don't have to be near ice, you can create ice

promancer

Verified Member
There's still this issue of Ice Blast speed vs reaction time = Ice Blast speed wins

And you don't have to be near ice, you can create ice
Alot of servers (or just the ones i play on) have the ability to use ice you created and then use it for a source to be disabled.

paliate

Verified Member
This wouldn't need a cooldown, Most benders dont bother to block moves anyways, They usually just dodge and move on.
Are you really going to sit there spamming Icespike at someone? (the answer is no)

If they were going to sit there spamming heatcontrol that'd give you the opportunity to change moves and attack while he's assuming you'll continue spamming IceSpike. Adding a cooldown to this is like adding a cooldown to phasechange so that you can't spam unfreeze ice or snow, It's not really needed.

(Just my personal opinion)

HydroMan

Verified Member
This wouldn't need a cooldown, Most benders dont bother to block moves anyways, They usually just dodge and move on.
Are you really going to sit there spamming Icespike at someone? (the answer is no)

If they were going to sit there spamming heatcontrol that'd give you the opportunity to change moves and attack while he's assuming you'll continue spamming IceSpike. Adding a cooldown to this is like adding a cooldown to phasechange so that you can't spam unfreeze ice or snow, It's not really needed.

(Just my personal opinion)
Fine, i'll change that. You got a pretty goid points

Status
Not open for further replies.