• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

FireCombo

Blockkkster

Verified Member
I like the idea, but I have a few ' quirks. ' Mainly, I think you have to hit one ability way too much. I think 2-3 "clicks" would suffice. Clicking the same move 3 times and another ability seems like too much. I'm sure if you remove the second activation it might be better. (My opinion!) So like FireBlast (Shift) FireBlast instead of FireBlast Fireblast (Shift) Fireblast. Just a suggestion, I want this to be the best it can be! For other elements too!
Bump? Any thoughts?

Blockkkster

Verified Member
I like the idea of switching to different slots or abilities so it isn't something a noob can learn in 1 minute. It takes somewhat skill to switch slots quickly and time the move
I didn't mean not switching slots. I clearly state in my example that instead of hitting one ability twice, hitting another, and then going back the first ability, to only hit the first ability once. So it would be like FireBlast (Shift) Fireblast instead of hitting fireblast twice at first. Or FireJet FireShield FireJet instead of hitting FireJet twice before going to Shield.

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
now i feel the power of firebending comming in the servers, i just hope other elments get that too, or else...

I'm screwed

xXturbokidXx

Verified Member
Hi! I love the move, but I have a bug report. You can use combos when your bending is toggled. Thanks for the great move! :D Like, if I fireblast twice, I don't see that I did because my bending is toggled but if I shift and punch I will firekick.

owlcool

Verified Member
That might be server error. It is a passive, so it should be toggle able to leave it on or off while it is toggled. That just gave me a idea to challenge myself. I am going to try to fight in a bending arena with my bending toggled so I have to use combos.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
This move is a very complex way to bend, and most players can't execute it easily.. I think this should stay as an optional side move for servers..

Blockkkster

Verified Member
It would be slightly easier if it was a 3 combo activation sequence instead of 4. Honestly the second activator in the combo set is completely useless.

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
This move is a very complex way to bend, and most players can't execute it easily.. I think this should stay as an optional side move for servers..
It isn't too complex in my opinion. There are some moves that take a bit of practice, but that's the point of this; the better you know your element, the more you improve on the combos. You become a better fighter because of it, and it spices up fights more. I was able to perform them well after a bit of practice.

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
Again, I really love this idea, and I just thought I'd report a few bugs:
I noticed FireKick goes through blocks and FireWheel rises above tall grass instead of passing through it (which looks kind of funny).
Also the Speed config for FireWheel doesn't affect anything and the Speed config for JetBlast causes it to glitch out at higher values than the default.

Davboro

Verified Member
I noticed FireKick goes through blocks and FireWheel rises above tall grass instead of passing through it (which looks kind of funny).
Also the Speed config for FireWheel doesn't affect anything and the Speed config for JetBlast causes it to glitch out at higher values than the default.
m8 this guy is a right genius eh?

FearlessFrost

Verified Member
Absolutely love this, however we started getting some serious lag, which to my knowledge (I'm not a pro with timings tests) is attributed to FireCombo. Players seemed to start screaming lag when people used the combo for firewheel, all though I'm not too sure if it was that specific combo. The lag ranged from tick lag to full server hang ups.
Timings (taken over various spans):
http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=8347111
http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=8347174
http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=8347195

I don't know if it's just the move, or a combo of things on our server. If it has nothing to do with firecombo, then disregard this post XD

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Absolutely love this, however we started getting some serious lag, which to my knowledge (I'm not a pro with timings tests) is attributed to FireCombo. Players seemed to start screaming lag when people used the combo for firewheel, all though I'm not too sure if it was that specific combo. The lag ranged from tick lag to full server hang ups.
Timings (taken over various spans):
http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=8347111
http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=8347174
http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=8347195

I don't know if it's just the move, or a combo of things on our server. If it has nothing to do with firecombo, then disregard this post XD

Yea that's definitely lag coming from FC, I know why and I'll fix it in my next patch. I should have some of the bugs fixed this week when I get some free time.

I'll fix the FireWheel and FireKick, as far as the JetBlast goes you can't increase the speed that much. If you attempt to move too fast it'll cause you to instantly freeze in your tracks, usually because Minecraft thinks your hacking. Try setting JetBlast to 0.3 higher or so.

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
Yea that's definitely lag coming from FC, I know why and I'll fix it in my next patch. I should have some of the bugs fixed this week when I get some free time.

I'll fix the FireWheel and FireKick, as far as the JetBlast goes you can't increase the speed that much. If you attempt to move too fast it'll cause you to instantly freeze in your tracks, usually because Minecraft thinks your hacking. Try setting JetBlast to 0.3 higher or so.
still waiting for aircombo

owlcool

Verified Member
I have a suggestion for firecombo. I give about 75% of credit to captainsnickers. He commented that someone should make firetorrent. First combo that came to mind for me was three clicks on fireblast and then shift on fireblast. But that would conflict with firekick, so make it fireblast, fireblast, fireblast, blaze shift, then shift fireblast. To complex? This should also be able to be redirected by firebenders, but that should defiantly take a bit of skill. That is All Folks!!!

xXDauntedShinobiXx

Verified Member
This was Awesome, Our members are buzzing around with firewheel and making ramps (firwheel can climb surfaces) afew are sad this isnt added to other elements, ik this will be hard, but good lluck, u guys are going awesome :D and I love this addition, i can make so many minigames with this . WOOHOO