• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Shields Reducing Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeri

Verified Member
Games are based on rules. Every game needs rules. Walldmg is based on rules. Repeat what I said. BASED. They're games so people can express other topics not in real life. Infact, the US at a time, used WoW's economy as a stimulant for the real economy.
You said videogames are based of live, then you get arguments about projectkorra (wallDMG etc) while projectkorra is not a game on it's own

Nice try

Joeri

Verified Member
Im getting off-topic

Fire Shield should block watermani and torrent, not earth attacks though. Not sure about firewall since it's pretty big

SuperBower118

Verified Member
You said minecraft isn't realistc. And it's not. In some ways. There is a balance between realism and unrealism. That's what makes games fun.
Exactly. Fireshield blocking BASIC earth attacks- doesn't make much sense, but look at ice spike. If I was hit by a spike of ice I'd probably be bleeding out and so-on, but generally, my agility wouldn't be effected if I didn't feel the pain.
Not sure if you guys noticed this, but the pain minecraft characters experience really doesn't effect them much.
I could be on the verge of death (Half a heart) and starving to death, but I can still muster up the strength to raise a pickaxe made of iron, first off, then furthermore use it to mine solid stone.

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Im getting off-topic

Fire Shield should block watermani and torrent, not earth attacks though. Not sure about firewall since it's pretty big
I don't know- Torrent seems pretty big for a fireshield to block. If fireshield would only block watermanip and a few fire moves, then that would just make it nearly useless. I personally don't use fireshield too much, but if I see an earthblast that's going in my general direction and it comes at me, I'm going to block it with fireshield. May not make much sense, but Minecraft's logic doesn't make much sense. Plus, this is a video game.
If we have it so fireshield blocks certain move while it's up, which would require you to only left click once to block an attack, then honestly I'd still be pretty pissed that fireshield wouldn't at least reduce the damage of earthblast... (If fireshield would receive the edit I just mentioned, I'd expect it to have a cooldown)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Exactly. Fireshield blocking BASIC earth attacks- doesn't make much sense, but look at ice spike. If I was hit by a spike of ice I'd probably be bleeding out and so-on, but generally, my agility wouldn't be effected if I didn't feel the pain.
Not sure if you guys noticed this, but the pain minecraft characters experience really doesn't effect them much.
I could be on the verge of death (Half a heart) and starving to death, but I can still muster up the strength to raise a pickaxe made of iron, first off, then furthermore use it to mine solid stone.
Exactly, there has to be that separtion/balance of realism and unrealism

promancer

Verified Member
Exactly, there has to be that separtion/balance of realism and unrealism
Funny how this argument didnt succeed when it came to water using water moves in its own element...

Balance doesnt mean tip defence in your favor because (reasons?). Fire is the element of power, which shouldnt have offence and (much) defence. With what you recommend, fireshield will be almost as powerful as airshield (pretty much). Plus, as i said before, it wasnt shown in tlok anyway. Literally the only way fire defended itself was to attack the opponents attack. The very few exceptions are combustion and other moves of or related to fire, and the one to two times he blocked other elements weak attacks.

promancer

Verified Member
So basically, because one move isnt realistic, the plugin shouldnt either?
Also, this was already discussed and denied. It was said that if anything, this belonged in the rpg section. There isnt anything pk can do about minecraft half a heart deal you were talking about, and if you wish to widen the gap on things that make no sense, do be my guess.

promancer

Verified Member
You said videogames are based of live, then you get arguments about projectkorra (wallDMG etc) while projectkorra is not a game on it's own

Nice try
Videogames are based off of life, then I said as an example how walldmg is based off of the many times shown in tlok that people were damaged by it. Not to mention flying at a wall is going to hurt. Notice, I said videogames, and pk is a addition to a video game.

As you said before:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Funny how this argument didnt succeed when it came to water using water moves in its own element...

Balance doesnt mean tip defence in your favor because (reasons?). Fire is the element of power, which shouldnt have offence and (much) defence. With what you recommend, fireshield will be almost as powerful as airshield (pretty much). Plus, as i said before, it wasnt shown in tlok anyway. Literally the only way fire defended itself was to attack the opponents attack. The very few exceptions are combustion and other moves of or related to fire, and the one to two times he blocked other elements weak attacks.
Airshield and fireshield both recently got nerfs, so I'd check the facts again.

Joeri

Verified Member
Videogames are based off of life, then I said as an example how walldmg is based off of the many times shown in tlok that people were damaged by it. Not to mention flying at a wall is going to hurt. Notice, I said videogames, and pk is a addition to a video game.

As you said before:
PK is not a video game though.
It's an addition to one, but not a video game on it's own - so you can't use an argument stating that video games are based on real life and then get PK arguments

promancer

Verified Member
PK is not a video game though.
It's an addition to one, but not a video game on it's own - so you can't use an argument stating that video games are based on real life and then get PK arguments
Content added to a game still counts. Your trying to say add on content to a video game doesn't go in the video games category... ok then. Like it or not, pk staff have acknowledged that logic is a factor in moves.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
So basically, because one move isnt realistic, the plugin shouldnt either?
Also, this was already discussed and denied. It was said that if anything, this belonged in the rpg section. There isnt anything pk can do about minecraft half a heart deal you were talking about, and if you wish to widen the gap on things that make no sense, do be my guess.
The plugin doesn't NEED to be TOO realistic. It's a video game- it's meant for enjoyment, not for 100% realism. If we had that, then water dominate fire while lightning would one hit kill people in water. Overall, fireshield's current ability to block earthblast does take some skill, cause honestly the only way I seem to secure a block is if I actually left click on the earthblast itself.

promancer

Verified Member
The plugin doesn't NEED to be TOO realistic. It's a video game- it's meant for enjoyment, not for 100% realism. If we had that, then water dominate fire while lightning would one hit kill people in water. Overall, fireshield's current ability to block earthblast does take some skill, cause honestly the only way I seem to secure a block is if I actually left click on the earthblast itself.
I agree it shouldn't be 100% realistic, but the element should be a determining factor. Fireshield shouldn't have offence and defence. Its an unlimited easy activate, offensive, defensive, default set short cool down DoT move that can be used on firejet.

What you said about how you block earthblast currently is canon.

Joeri

Verified Member
Content added to a game still counts. Your trying to say add on content to a video game doesn't go in the video games category... ok then. Like it or not, pk staff have acknowledged that logic is a factor in moves.
Content added counts yes, if it's an official update, pk isn't anything official

Minecraft is the video game. Not PK
I'll keep it short: Is PK a video game? No. case solved

Just make Fire Shield left click block fire bkast and mani, and shift firebursts and torrents.

Fire Wall is already strong enough and is way to large for a shield

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I agree it shouldn't be 100% realistic, but the element should be a determining factor. Fireshield shouldn't have offence and defence. Its an unlimited easy activate, offensive, defensive, default set short cool down DoT move that can be used on firejet.

What you said about how you block earthblast currently is canon.
Offense and Defense? Sorry, but that's not an intelligent statement. Yes fireshield ignites people, (What do you expect, it's fire) but for it to be a viable attack move, that's something else. Even if you use fireshield while on firejet...
1) It'll most likely do 1 heart at most. If you try to use the human fireball on an earthbender, prepare for earthblast spam if you want to do more then a heart. If it's an airbender, then that won't phase them as much and you're putting yourself in a bad position since don't have firejet to save you from a fall. Waterbenders, if on land, are pretty much defenseless, but face it. they're called WATERbenders. Fireshield doesn't even effect firebenders in heatcontrol.

Hero

Verified Member
WallofFire and whether is unleashes a hell for you depends on A: Your element and B: The skill of the firebender. I'll be honest, it is a bit OP, but that's not to say that other elements have stuff that's OP as well, such as torrent's DoT which allow torrent to do 4.5 hearts, and the fact that earthsmash doesn't have a cooldown. Another thing- WallofFire sometimes doesn't always go in the same spot when you left click. I've had the wall appear in my face if I'm close to terrain that's a bit strange, other times I've had it appear in it's normal positions, and I've even had it to where it's a few blocks in front of it's position.

It's certainly hell for Chi Blockers, but think about it- a non-bender would immediately have a disadvantage against a bender.
Torrent doesn't have a DoT... If you're able, you can hit someone multiple times. Its like this (or atleast what my extremely limited knowledge of coding and how it works), torrent's hitbox or damage radius or whatever you wish to call it is in the front. Once it's hit someone, its suppose to dissapear
You can hit people multiple times with torrent. You can even hit them and then whip them off a cliff and do damage.

promancer

Verified Member
You can hit people multiple times with torrent. You can even hit them and then whip them off a cliff and do damage.
Think of torrent like a palpable gust of wind. The way torrent disappears now definitely isn't canon but it's convenient, so yea. The way I see it, the devs know about this function and haven't adjusted anything (that I know of).

Even If torrent can hit multiple entities, (the only times this has been done by me multiple times were on mobs btw) can you name one AoE attack (octopusform is more of a stance, and makes you a sitting duck for all attacks) that water has?

Torrent should be able to push people, but I'm hoping that your not suggesting that ton of water rushing at you (have you tried picking up that much water? Try resisting it in a concentrated force) shouldn't be able to push you a far distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.