• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Shields Reducing Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Blue fire...?
Also, were not talking stones, more like boulders and rocks large enough to block your path. If anything, fireshield should block fire and a mix of (only 1-2) moves per element. Reducing earth damage is a no.

For the flames to be hot enough to react to the boulder or whatever, they would have the same effect on the fire user inside the shield. So the melting point of rock on the body.
I think I remember Mako using a fireshield against an earth projectile, so there should be some truth to Fire Shields reducing damage or knockback.
Possibly by knocking back the stone.
Although in this particular memory Mako got hit back by the stone, possibly out of the ring, I think there might be more and better examples.

Last time I checked we based this plugin more off of bending as depicted in Avatar the Last Airbender and the Legend of Korra.
I don't know how much it has changed since I left, but the way I remember things working was Balance first, Canon Second and Realism last.
And in this case I think the Canon overshadows the Realism.
Otherwise there would be tons of threads arguing to eliminate Bending, make Chi Blocking More Realistic, Eliminate flight, etc etc etc.

promancer

Verified Member
I think I remember Mako using a fireshield against an earth projectile, so there should be some truth to Fire Shields reducing damage or knockback.
Possibly by knocking back the stone.
Although in this particular memory Mako got hit back by the stone, possibly out of the ring, I think there might be more and better examples.

Last time I checked we based this plugin more off of bending as depicted in Avatar the Last Airbender and the Legend of Korra.
I don't know how much it has changed since I left, but the way I remember things working was Balance first, Canon Second and Realism last.
And in this case I think the Canon overshadows the Realism.
Otherwise there would be tons of threads arguing to eliminate Bending, make Chi Blocking More Realistic, Eliminate flight, etc etc etc.
Gif? Proof?

owlcool

Verified Member
Well in 1:27 of this AMV there is very definitely fire and earth colliding.
At 2:19 Mako's firstblast/shield blocks a earth disk and water, although there is still some knockback.
At 0:28 in this video with the Fire Ferrets vs Tigerdillos a Tigerdillo firebender blocks an earthblast with a fireshield.
Is this enough canonical evidence for you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.