• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Shields Reducing Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Element: Fire
Moves: FireShield, WallOfFire
Use: let's say you know you are going to be hit by a certain bending move, such as you know that a Earthbender is going to use earthblast on you inside a earth grab and fire jet is running it's cooldown, use shift fire shield and reduce damage from all sides. For every shield move that can't block a certain move, at least for fire it should reduce damage. So let's say you are about to be hit with torrent, just use walloffire and reduce damage to you. I think you guys get the point. I know a part in the show where it was used if needed. (It was used by zuko, not some avatar, and this was before he was trained by dragons)

owlcool

Verified Member
Maybe airshield and airswipe should also reduce damage.
Airshield could be buffed to reduce damage of whatever it can't currently block.
Airswipe could be debuffed to just reduce the damage of things like Watermanipulation.

And water:
Surge water form could reduce damage of things it can't block currently.
Torrent could reduce damage of attacks that hit the torrent ring, but the torrent would eventually do less damage or knockback depending on which way it is used.
Octopusform could reduce damage of attacks that come near it.

DanBall

Verified Member
The damage of firebending is very large, though fire is the element of force, but the damage is huge. The fireblast gives 2.5 + arson of about 1.5. But if the spam? It is impossible to resist. I know it's there in the config, but still, the balance of firebending is lost!

SuperBower118

Verified Member
The damage of firebending is very large, though fire is the element of force, but the damage is huge. The fireblast gives 2.5 + arson of about 1.5. But if the spam? It is impossible to resist. I know it's there in the config, but still, the balance of firebending is lost!
Fire isn't the Element of Force- it's the element of power.
And there are plenty of ways to block fireblast.

Regarding this thread, I agree with it, but maybe it could use a bit more- maybe Sneak Fireshield can reduce the knockback of torrentwall and surge?

DanBall

Verified Member
Fire isn't the Element of Force- it's the element of power.
And there are plenty of ways to block fireblast.

Regarding this thread, I agree with it, but maybe it could use a bit more- maybe Sneak Fireshield can reduce the knockback of torrentwall and surge?
There are many ways to reflect, but you try to use them during battle day, when fireblast has no cooldown!

SuperBower118

Verified Member
There are many ways to reflect, but you try to use them during battle day, when fireblast has no cooldown!
It has a charge up time- and a lot of charge up moves don't have a cooldown. Maybe instead of complaining about fire, you should learn ways to counter it. Because it's not OP. Other elements have key strategies for beating a firebender.

promancer

Verified Member
Canon by Azula surronding from tophs projectile
Blue fire...?
Also, were not talking stones, more like boulders and rocks large enough to block your path. If anything, fireshield should block fire and a mix of (only 1-2) moves per element. Reducing earth damage is a no.

For the flames to be hot enough to react to the boulder or whatever, they would have the same effect on the fire user inside the shield. So the melting point of rock on the body.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Blue fire...?
Also, were not talking stones, more like boulders and rocks large enough to block your path. If anything, fireshield should block fire and a mix of (only 1-2) moves per element. Reducing earth damage is a no.

For the flames to be hot enough to react to the boulder or whatever, they would have the same effect on the fire user inside the shield. So the melting point of rock on the body.
I can respect that- it doesn't make much sense for fire to deflect rocks, nor does it seem very canon.
However, in the name of the plugin, fire does need SOME defense, definitely not a lot, but considering how earthblast is so spammable, I think that fireshield should block at LEAST 1 earthblast, though I'm thinking 1 - 2.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Blue fire...?

But I think it should definatly block sand's and dirt's earthblast. Maybe also sand's earthsmash (not sandstone or any other sand types)?

Hero

Verified Member
I only dont like it because WallOfFire is already op. All you have to do is just left click and you already have hell unleashed so there isnt much you can do to make it un op/

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I only dont like it because WallOfFire is already op. All you have to do is just left click and you already have hell unleashed so there isnt much you can do to make it un op/
WallofFire and whether is unleashes a hell for you depends on A: Your element and B: The skill of the firebender. I'll be honest, it is a bit OP, but that's not to say that other elements have stuff that's OP as well, such as torrent's DoT which allow torrent to do 4.5 hearts, and the fact that earthsmash doesn't have a cooldown. Another thing- WallofFire sometimes doesn't always go in the same spot when you left click. I've had the wall appear in my face if I'm close to terrain that's a bit strange, other times I've had it appear in it's normal positions, and I've even had it to where it's a few blocks in front of it's position.

It's certainly hell for Chi Blockers, but think about it- a non-bender would immediately have a disadvantage against a bender.

promancer

Verified Member
WallofFire and whether is unleashes a hell for you depends on A: Your element and B: The skill of the firebender. I'll be honest, it is a bit OP, but that's not to say that other elements have stuff that's OP as well, such as torrent's DoT which allow torrent to do 4.5 hearts, and the fact that earthsmash doesn't have a cooldown. Another thing- WallofFire sometimes doesn't always go in the same spot when you left click. I've had the wall appear in my face if I'm close to terrain that's a bit strange, other times I've had it appear in it's normal positions, and I've even had it to where it's a few blocks in front of it's position.

It's certainly hell for Chi Blockers, but think about it- a non-bender would immediately have a disadvantage against a bender.
Chi blockers are suppose to have a disadvantage... This was in the show, and propelled a whole new season forward...

WallofFire may be one of the most OP moves fire has. Its DoT aswell as AoE (on a horizonal distance anyway), it continuously does damage even without the DoT of catching you on fire, add a simple activation and you've got a easy spam uncannon walloffire. Oh, and i think the game confuses distance when you aim close to terrain. Just a guess though.

Torrent doesn't have a DoT... If you're able, you can hit someone multiple times. Its like this (or atleast what my extremely limited knowledge of coding and how it works), torrent's hitbox or damage radius or whatever you wish to call it is in the front. Once it's hit someone, its suppose to dissapear, but, if you work it right it wont dissapear and will continuously hit the person as long as you aim it. So far, ive only seen this done in succession about 3-4 times. Still, how effective this strategy is relies solely on how much torrent's damage is set in config.

Just because one does wrong doesn't mean everyone's standards should be set lower...

promancer

Verified Member
I can respect that- it doesn't make much sense for fire to deflect rocks, nor does it seem very canon.
However, in the name of the plugin, fire does need SOME defense, definitely not a lot, but considering how earthblast is so spammable, I think that fireshield should block at LEAST 1 earthblast, though I'm thinking 1 - 2.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.