• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Fire Combo] FireLeap

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Just do the calculation by checking how long in seconds it takes for a firebender fall down after his or her firejet ends. Then add that value to the cooldown. (Results in firebender to firejet again after they have landed)
No wonder you posted this combo because you don't like either a)using firejet alone; b) its available cooldown option.

EDIT= To clarify my quote more: "Just do the calculation by checking how in long seconds it takes for a firebenders fall down after his or her firejet ends and how long it lasts while flying."

EDIT2= To make sure for me that you really understood what I was talking about, I'm gonna give use an example in actual use: setting firejet's cooldown to how I recommended, every firebender will be able to firejet twice without suffering a cooldown.

Giving more thought to it, I realize a problem - firebenders will be able to firejet not just twice, but endlessly without becoming "exausted". Therefor, to solve that issue, there will be a new config option (I believe I already suggested for another ability or to all) that will translate into an integer, which will determine on how many times one can firejet before running into a cooldown. In exchange, the paragraph before this one (its idea) will be disregarded.

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I do not play fire as often as the other 3 elements, so I don't what you had in meant when you typed that vague reply of yours. If like you said is true - that dodging fireburst and airburst is somehow tricky, well - firejet shouldn't be all mighty ability that you get to attached to it for over-relying (does that word exist?). Not to mention If firejet was advance to the point where you can dodge ALL moves, then for a fact without a doubt it would be classified as OP, and for that - it will definitely need to be nerfed. Same goes for EarthSmash and Torrent (including, you can just simple avoid being a target to earthsmash right after it gets erupted from the ground, as the earthbender's vision is block by the boulder he/she's controlling).
Vaguely typed. That's an interesting way to put it, but I suppose you're right. I can go into much more detail on why I think firebending isn't so strong, but this isn't the time or place.

When it comes to fireburst and airburst, it seems you either misread or misunderstood me. With FireLeap, it would be generally tricky to dodge fireburst or airburst simply because if the bender is somewhere near you, it'll be impossible to dodge a sphere air/fireburst, and the same goes for the cone air/fireburst, since both moves are simply massive in terms of size in comparison to other moves.

Now here's where it gets fun.
You claim for me to be attached to firejet, yet you're wrong, and I can understand why, since you don't play fire as often (Might I add that I think that you may use a good amount of addons when firebending if you don't understand the importance of firejet). It's not I, myself who is attached to firejet, it's the fundamental fighting style of firebending that is attached to firejet. Firebenders need to charge moves to have a chance in a fight against any type of bender. As a result, firebenders use firejet to move while charging their moves, combining agility and strength. The only time where you might have a chance without firejet, and without addons is if you're in a small arena, and you're close to the person. Otherwise, the opponent will simply swiftswim away, surge you away, earthbend at you in general, or just dominate you with airbending.

In a sense, firejet can already dodge nearly all of the moves. Theoretically, not logically, might I note. While yes, I might be able to dodge Bob the Waterbender's torrent spam, what do I do now that I wasted my firejet just dodging that alone. You see, firejet has more than one use, but firebenders don't have more than one firejet.

If you think that EarthSmash is that hard to aim, and that easy to dodge, think again. Maybe as a chi blocker or airbender, it might be easy to dodge it, but it's a totally different story for fire. Don't forget that there's nothing holding the earthbender back from using that earthsmash to launch them in the sky, then they launch that earthsmash from a 45 ish degree angle (angle varying between scenario, that is). Mind you, having that 3x3 wide projectile coming down at you from that angle and at a good speed is a challenge to dodge if the earthbender you're facing (or the earthbender you've faced) has any sort true earthbending skill, especially when it comes to earthsmash.

It all boils down to the fact that just about every other element can punish fire for it's shortcomings when it comes to firebending's dependency on firejet, and giving firebenders more leeway with dodging would help balance things out just a little bit.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Not sure if this applies to the official combustion as well, but I did used that addon evertine earthsmash activated, turning its boulder into ashes. If the brother of this step-sibing is the same one, stock ability is preferable and trustworty because you don't have to wait for its beam to appear.

I don't really used too many addons, because I tend to avoid em as much as I can. Also, to me they don't have really anything new, so most of them appear to be useless words that take up space in the /b d fire list. Firejet is important to me, which is why I dislike this thing because all this is is just a firejet renamed into fireleap and sending its rider only a few blocks, with an exception of giving the firebender no fall damage. If someone like IceEyes can't stop the firejet in time and doesn't know how to do a cautions landing - their problem, not the ability's.

Nevertheless, I can see one potential with this: a poor excuse for a combo that allows the firebender to firejet twice in a row. A poor excuse - so as for my idea, I thought the new config mention as I had mentioned should be created for all abilities, not just for firebending. To sum it up, I think the new config option would be better choice then this copy cat move that its difference don't make up for this combo's entry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.