• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Fire Combo] FireLeap

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceEyes

Verified Member
FireLeap

As you might have already guessed it, it's a combo that gives firebenders a little more mobility.

Name: FireLeap

Usage: firejet tab shift > firejet right click the ground > heatcontrol click

Description: FireLeap is a mobility combo for Firebenders. After you've done the firejet part, click into the direction you want to get launched while being on the slot of heatcontrol.

Further information: FireLeap will have a cooldown of about 3-5 seconds. When the firebender launches himself into the air, he wont take any falldamage when hitting the ground after it (maybe get falldamage when player is hit while in air). FireLeap doesn't set a cooldown on firejet.
At the spot, where the firebender leaped, there will be some fireparticles. FireLeap can only be executed when on the ground.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I propose [firejet > heatcontrol click] for the combo. While in mid-air firejetting. I also thought by the gif that this combo was about giving yourself a boost and flame-throwing on someone for a few seconds while your at it. I'm hype for that feature, but the way you putted is a no no from me.

Here's my criticism
  • This looks like a chi ability - firebending itself doesn't give them jump boost out of nothing that leaps the bender. That's not how firebending works.
  • This is why I don't like combos such as jetblast - it gives a boost to firebending and nothing else. Like you see how I thought of it: gives a boost after firejet runs out, additionally roasting your enemies while you propel yourself - giving an actual good purpose (aka. mobile + offensive) then making only buff rip-off of what already exist (firejet).
  • "When the firebender launches himself into the air, he wont take any falldamage when hitting the ground after it (maybe get falldamage when player is hit while in air). " What I'm getting from you, even when the fireleap ends, you are immune to falldamage like airbenders? Korra wasn't too high, which is why she didn't break her legs, not because she was firebending. Otherwise, she would have firebend from her feet, meaning that would count as firebending's negated fall

Last edited:

IceEyes

Verified Member
I propose [firejet > heatcontrol click] for the combo. While in mid-air firejetting. I also thought by the gif that this combo was about giving yourself a boost and flame-throwing on someone for a few seconds while your at it. I'm hype for that feature, but the way you putted is a no no from me.

Here's my criticism
  • This looks like a chi ability - firebending itself doesn't give them jump boost out of nothing that leaps the bender. That's not how firebending works.
  • This is why I don't like combos such as jetblast - it gives a boost to firebending and nothing else. Like you see how I thought of it: gives a boost after firejet runs out, additionally roasting your enemies while you propel yourself - giving an actual good purpose (aka. mobile + offensive) then making only buff rip-off of what already exist (firejet).
  • "When the firebender launches himself into the air, he wont take any falldamage when hitting the ground after it (maybe get falldamage when player is hit while in air). " What I'm getting from you, even when the fireleap ends, you are immune to falldamage like airbenders? Korra wasn't too high, which is why she didn't break her legs, not because she was firebending. Otherwise, she would have firebend from her feet, meaning that would count as firebending's negated fall
Uhm..
You'll launch yourself with firebending, thats why I wrote that where the player launched from will be some fireparticles. When you are in air you can shoot fireblast or use firebreath (that's what it's here for). And this is more like the small catapult ( shift + click ) than firejet.
And if you would let them get falldamage, the highest a person can leap with his firebending would be 3 blocks without falldamage.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You'll launch yourself with firebending, thats why I wrote that where the player launched from will be some fireparticles. When you are in air you can shoot fireblast or use firebreath (that's what it's here for). And this is more like the small catapult ( shift + click ) than firejet.
Which is the reasons why I added strike-through to that first sentence, because I didn't notice that you written for the ability to have particles back then.

So you dislike firejet? Or its cooldown? You can do the same thing with that ability but without being fancy-dancy like Korra in that dual. Wanna firejet twice in a row? Change or ask the owner of the owner to change the cooldown, which can be done via config.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Which is the reasons why I added strike-through to that first sentence, because I didn't notice that you written for the ability to have particles back then.

So you dislike firejet? Or its cooldown? You can do the same thing with that ability but without being fancy-dancy like Korra in that dual. Wanna firejet twice in a row? Change or ask the owner of the owner to change the cooldown, which can be done via config.
What.. xD
It's just a combo so you can either dodge things as long as your firejet is on cooldown, or use it to strike from above. Oh and I forgot to tell you before, you can't use FireLeap while in air (which I've already said in the main post).

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
So you don't like firejet do you? That reply confirms it for me.

What you can do to "fireleap" after firejetting is...
Change or ask the owner of the owner to change the cooldown, which can be done via config.
Although, I do like your idea of firejetting backwards. Should be incorporated into firejet.

Too be more clearer on what I'm trying to say: If I was an admin, I would jokingly rename this combo into "(Nerf) FireJet", rather FireLeap. Because that's what it is. No offense, but I find this ability lame. I rather have firejet cooldown short, so that they can, in quotation marks - fireleap (firejet) again. If firebending gets such a thing, I would ask for waterbenders to have an combo that catapults players 5 blocks (sarcasm intented: that isn't doable with waterwave), can only be done on ground or water, is a combo of [WaterSpout (left click + shift) >> PhaseChange], and the waterleap would create a nice little fountain behind the benders feet while his catapulting. Fair enough right :p? I think so :D

Last edited:

IceEyes

Verified Member
uhm I am so confused lol... I like firejet.. And I don't want it nerfed either...
All I was asking for, was a combo to dodge things while firejet is on a cooldown.
And if you don't like this idea, I don't mind. Neither do I mind wether this is implemented or not. It was just simply an idea that came to my mind.

Green

Verified Member
May be just add it to firejet to when you tap shift, while on ground. You jump up 4 blocks. But either way I don't like the idea of fire being able to dodge anything. Then they would be unstoppable!! No thanks

IceEyes

Verified Member
May be just add it to firejet to when you tap shift, while on ground. You jump up 4 blocks. But either way I don't like the idea of fire being able to dodge anything. Then they would be unstoppable!! No thanks
Water has fastswim, air airblast and earth catapult. None of them really has a big or any cooldown on most servers.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
No it wouldn't be op. Just do the calculation by checking how long in seconds it takes for a firebender fall down after his or her firejet ends. Then add that value to the cooldown. (Results in firebender to firejet again after they have landed)

You don't want the shortcut to firejet 4 seconds? Well then, that tells me you don't have a intimidating skill to control firejet properly, which I would suggest to practice that ability more usually to get the hang of timing it right. Nobody is gonna create 12 variations of firejet for you, ya know? There aren't gonna be any different firejet that sends you 4, another firejet ability that sends you 12 points, a third one that pushes you 15 blocks, and a other one in a form of a combo that does 18 blocks.
It is pointless.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
No it wouldn't be op. Just do the calculation by checking how long in seconds it takes for a firebender fall down after his or her firejet ends. Then add that value to the cooldown. (Results in firebender to firejet again after they have landed)

You don't want the shortcut to firejet 4 seconds? Well then, that tells me you don't have a intimidating skill to control firejet properly, which I would suggest to practice that ability more usually to get the hang of timing it right. Nobody is gonna create 12 variations of firejet for you, ya know? There aren't gonna be any different firejet that sends you 4, another firejet ability that sends you 12 points, a third one that pushes you 15 blocks, and a other one in a form of a combo that does 18 blocks.
It is pointless.
Actually it isn't pointless. Firejet is the only asset to Firebending that makes it work. Wasting your firejet is something you never want to do. With spammable moves like Torrent and EarthSmash, this'd be a small, but nice compromise to dodge moves without wasting your firejet. Sure, if I DO firejet, I dodge the move, but that can put in an awkward situation, perhaps when I don't want to use firejet, or when it isn't ideal to use firejet. All in all, this would give fire more freedom when it comes to mobility. Also, if you're only jumping four blocks, think about it.

EarthSmash is 3 x 3
Torrent is directable, and can create an icesphere under you.

This also isn't ignoring the fact that there are other moves too, like airsweep, which you can set which angle you sweep from, and Fireburst and Airburst, which can be tricky to jump over.
If you get hit in the fireleap, then you'd be vulnerable to fall damage, which is a worthy drawback to an ill-timed fireleap.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
This does make sense... Adding a tiny (I say tiny because I imagine this being like 2 blocks) jump to firejet would make it a bit more agile with the show. Although, I do see the point of using firejet (but I also see how people are talking about cooldown).
I like the idea, but I think it needs a bit more to it with less combo.. It should be more than just tapping shift with firejet, but it shouldn't be a 3 step combo.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Actually it isn't pointless. Firejet is the only asset to Firebending that makes it work. Wasting your firejet is something you never want to do. With spammable moves like Torrent and EarthSmash, this'd be a small, but nice compromise to dodge moves without wasting your firejet. Sure, if I DO firejet, I dodge the move, but that can put in an awkward situation, perhaps when I don't want to use firejet, or when it isn't ideal to use firejet. All in all, this would give fire more freedom when it comes to mobility. Also, if you're only jumping four blocks, think about it.

EarthSmash is 3 x 3
Torrent is directable, and can create an icesphere under you.

This also isn't ignoring the fact that there are other moves too, like airsweep, which you can set which angle you sweep from, and Fireburst and Airburst, which can be tricky to jump over.
If you get hit in the fireleap, then you'd be vulnerable to fall damage, which is a worthy drawback to an ill-timed fireleap.
I do not play fire as often as the other 3 elements, so I don't what you had in meant when you typed that vague reply of yours. If like you said is true - that dodging fireburst and airburst is somehow tricky, well - firejet shouldn't be all mighty ability that you get to attached to it for over-relying (does that word exist?). Not to mention If firejet was advance to the point where you can dodge ALL moves, then for a fact without a doubt it would be classified as OP, and for that - it will definitely need to be nerfed. Same goes for EarthSmash and Torrent (including, you can just simple avoid being a target to earthsmash right after it gets erupted from the ground, as the earthbender's vision is block by the boulder he/she's controlling).

IceEyes

Verified Member
I do not play fire as often as the other 3 elements, so I don't what you had in meant when you typed that vague reply of yours. If like you said is true - that dodging fireburst and airburst is somehow tricky, well - firejet shouldn't be all mighty ability that you get to attached to it for over-relying (does that word exist?). Not to mention If firejet was advance to the point where you can dodge ALL moves, then for a fact without a doubt it would be classified as OP, and for that - it will definitely need to be nerfed. Same goes for EarthSmash and Torrent (including, you can just simple avoid being a target to earthsmash right after it gets erupted from the ground, as the earthbender's vision is block by the boulder he/she's controlling).
No wonder you have no idea when you don't even use fire... It's annoying when your firejet is on cooldown and water for example starts throwing all their combos at you and you are pretty much helpless since you can't even block it.

Status
Not open for further replies.