• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthSmash

ashe36

Verified Member
This may be a weird idea, but you should make it so EarthSmash is effected by avatarstate and can ride forever like firejet XD

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'll include some avatar configuration settings in a future update probably, does the config file work for everyone that has tried using it so far?

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Question: Does this ability toss players as high as it tosses mobs when you use the attack under them?

Because that can immediately be used to strike them in the air with the stone, causing them to fly up even higher after the initial hit and having the player succumb to fall damage. Is there anyway to make the knock back upward configurable? Because it feels a lot like the bloodbending of earth :p

Just a suggestion.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Question: Does this ability toss players as high as it tosses mobs when you use the attack under them?

Because that can immediately be used to strike them in the air with the stone, causing them to fly up even higher after the initial hit and having the player succumb to fall damage. Is there anyway to make the knock back upward configurable? Because it feels a lot like the bloodbending of earth :p

Just a suggestion.
So you want an option to configure knock-up? Currently it's too high or too low?

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ah for now just put the knockback to 0 that should fix it or just lower it substantially. I'll add that to future config probably.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I just released a new update:

V 1.0.2:
- Lowered the default upward knockback.
- Added an option to customize upward knockback.
- Added AvatarState options for damage, range, chargetime, knockback, knockup, flight speed, and flight duration.
- Made EarthSmash a default ability.

FearlessFrost

Verified Member
When people earth bend (tested with earthblast and earth tunnel) the raised earthsmash blocks, the blocks turn invisible and can still be used. More problematic (for us, at least) is when the server is reloaded or bending reload is ran, the ground where the blocks are reverts to it's original state and the invisible blocks re-appear in the air, essentially duplicating what was pulled up from the ground. We're using the latest version of EarthSmash (no values in the config changed) and the latest ProjectKorra dev build. @angelic_zombie can provide a video if you need to see it.

Other than that, fantastic move! We look forward to using it again once the bugs are smashed! :)

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I had a tough time handling all the block duplication with EarthSmash. Originally I was going to make it so none of the other earth abilities would work on earthsmash but that's hard to do with an add on ability rather than an official ability.

Thanks for the bug report I'll look into it asap.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
V 1.0.3:
- Added a bunch of checks to try and clean up blocks that have been affected by EarthBlast, EarthTunnel, RaiseEarth, and Collapse. This is by no means a perfect solution to the cleanup problem, but it's the best I can without directly modifying the PK code. Make sure you aren't using /b reload as you are using these abilities on the EarthSmash otherwise it may not clean up all the blocks (it has a couple seconds delay before it cleans up the blocks).

Max

Verified Member
This is the best earthbending ability yet !, can you make it possible to explode on impact? It would look more aesthetic that way if it explodes upon crashing with something just a suggestion.
how do i configure it to set the damage it causes?

PD sorry for my bad grammar im from spain!

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
how do i configure it to set the damage it causes?
Open the "earthsmashconfig.txt" that is in the abilities folder. Edit the line that says "ShootingDamage:6.0" and change the 6.0 to whatever damage you want.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
V 1.0.4:
- Fixed a problem where EarthSmash was causing errors if the server wasn't upgraded to the latest Java version.

Adam

Verified Member
I have a suggestion for you!
Could you make Earthsmash be clicked with crosshairs on an entity, and so the rock would go towards the target, not only forward?

Davboro

Verified Member
Could you make Earthsmash be clicked with crosshairs on an entity, and so the rock would go towards the target, not only forward?
I'm pretty sure the forward projectile feature was intentional. It's too large to be directed after being thrown, and it helps balance the move's power.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I agree with pickle, and if you think about it, this would basically make EarthSmash the move everyone spams instead of earthblast, which should be the main move.