• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthSmash

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I made the ability because I felt that Earth was desperately lacking mobility, and could use another offensive/defensive ability aswell.

Defensive
- Can be used as a shield.
- Blocks Watermanipulation, EarthBlast, FireBlast, Torrent (Stream), and IceSpike.
Can't Block ShockWave, EarthGrab, Blaze, AirShield, AirBurst, Tornado, Torrent(AOE).
- Collides with Surge Waves, and other EarthSmashes, removing both objects.
Makes it hard for FireBenders to cast Lightning at the player by blocking the line of site.

Offensive
- Can be shot as a projectile to hit multiple enemies.
- Does moderate damage that scales based on how many blocks are attached to the center.
- Travels fast and is harder to block than EarthBlast.
- Can't be redirected like EarthBlast, making its travel path predictable.

Mobility
- Can be ridden for a few seconds, the duration is similar to FireJet.
- Collision with walls and certain abilities will cause you to fall.

Misc
- You can only create an EarthSmash if there is enough earthbendable material where you are pointing.
- Other EarthBenders can steal your EarthSmash if you aren't grabbing or riding it.
- EarthSmash can be ridden by multiple entities at a time.

9/7/2014
Version 1.0.4
Download - 4Shared
Download - MediaFire

ChangeLog:
V 1.0.1:
- Fixed the EarthTunnel problem with invisible EarthSmashes.
- EarthSmash no longer causes suffocation when held on top of entities.
- Fixed the ScheduledTask error that occured on startup.
- Fixed a problem where the permission was not being obeyed.

V 1.0.2:
- Lowered the default upward knockback.
- Added an option to customize upward knockback.
- Added AvatarState options for damage, range, chargetime, knockback, knockup, flight speed, and flight duration.
- Made EarthSmash a default ability.

V 1.0.3:
- Added a bunch of checks to try and clean up blocks that have been affected by EarthBlast, EarthTunnel, RaiseEarth, and Collapse. This is by no means a perfect solution to the cleanup problem, but it's the best I can without directly modifying the PK code. Make sure you aren't using /b reload as you are using these abilities on the EarthSmash otherwise it may not clean up all the blocks (it has a couple seconds delay before it cleans up the blocks).

V 1.0.4:
- Fixed a problem where EarthSmash was causing errors if the server wasn't upgraded to the latest Java version.

Installation:
Download the file and then unzip it into: plugins/ProjectKorra/Abilities
Modify the configuration file to suit your needs.

Permission: ProjectKorra.abilities.EarthSmash (Default)

Last edited:

Kiam

Verified Member
Where will you be posting the updated versions once the bugs have been fixed? On this thread?

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yea I will be posting the updates right here once we start to find issues.

Majorite

Verified Member
Wow! Good job. This is very nice move, though, earth isn't supposed to have great mobility. Catapult (earth's mobility move) seems to work out well enough already. Still, very nice.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Thanks a lot!

Did anyone get a chance to try it out on their server yet?

Immallama

Verified Member
First minor issue: When you raise an earthsmash and earthtunnel it away, it can still be dragged and shot at players, even though it's invisible.

Major issue: Dragging the earthsmash onto mobs causes them to suffocate. If this happens with players too then something needs to be changed to prevent it from being abused.

Edit: These are the only issues I could find. The ability works great otherwise and is a lot of fun to use.

Last edited:

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Alright I'll fix those issues and re-upload a new version today. Did the config file work for you?

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It requires a social network account to download it, would you mind using something like MediaFire?

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Alright I just added a link for MediaFire.

Check in the config file where it says "MinBendableBlocks" change that to a 9 instead of a 2, I just re-uploaded the files with this fix.

Last edited:

Esteban

Verified Member
what version of korra does this use because i get this in the config when i try to add it:
ProjectKorra] Enabling ProjectKorra v1.3.0 BETA 20

[23:35:17 INFO]: [ProjectKorra] EarthSmash: Loading Config

[23:35:17 ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling ProjectKorra v1.3.0 BETA 20 (Is it up to date?)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.scheduler.BukkitScheduler.scheduleSyncRepeatingTask(Lorg/bukkit/plugin/Plugin;Lorg/bukkit/scheduler/BukkitRunnable;JJ)I

at com.bendcraft.cooladekorra.abilities.EarthSmashAbility.onThisLoad(EarthSmashAbility.java:75) ~[?:?]

at com.projectkorra.ProjectKorra.Ability.AbilityModuleManager.fill(AbilityModuleManager.java:146) ~[?:?]

at com.projectkorra.ProjectKorra.Ability.AbilityModuleManager.<init>(AbilityModuleManager.java:57) ~[?:?]

at com.projectkorra.ProjectKorra.ProjectKorra.onEnable(ProjectKorra.java:31) ~[?:?]

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:316) ~[craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:324) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:404) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:446) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:380) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:799) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at org.bukkit.Bukkit.reload(Bukkit.java:288) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at org.bukkit.command.defaults.ReloadCommand.execute(ReloadCommand.java:23) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:180) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:701) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.CraftServer.dispatchServerCommand(CraftServer.java:688) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.DedicatedServer.aB(DedicatedServer.java:296) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.DedicatedServer.v(DedicatedServer.java:261) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.u(MinecraftServer.java:558) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:469) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628) [craftbukkit1.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]

Last edited:

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Uploaded version 1.0.1 which fixes this error along with the EarthTunnel and suffocation bugs.

Kiam

Verified Member
I cant get the permissions to work, I downloaded the 1.0.1 I think, The mediafire link.

Coolade

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I cant get the permissions to work, I downloaded the 1.0.1 I think, The mediafire link.
When the ability is loading up does it say "The Config File could not be read."?

How did you manage to fix the suffocation bug?
I used an EntityDamageEvent and checked if the source damage was suffocation, then compared the location of the entity to the nearby EarthSmashes to determine if the entity is inside of one.

Immallama

Verified Member
I used an EntityDamageEvent and checked if the source damage was suffocation, then compared the location of the entity to the nearby EarthSmashes to determine if the entity is inside of one.
I have no idea what any of that means but great job!