• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthBending Elevation Issue (?)

Adamskii6

Hi! My friend is having an issue with EarthBending where she can't bend on some elevations. The smoke appears but no blocks move or are affected. I don't know how to explain this but it's really strange and would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks :)

xNuminousx

You mean they're a certain distance away from an earth source or they're standing on/near the earth source but that source just so happens to be low or high in the sky?

Earthbending should work regardless of your elevation. However, possibly if you're above your servers build limit it may not work or if you're too far away from your source it won't work. I'm not sure how bending works with server build limits.

Adamskii6

You mean they're a certain distance away from an earth source or they're standing on/near the earth source but that source just so happens to be low or high in the sky?

Earthbending should work regardless of your elevation. However, possibly if you're above your servers build limit it may not work or if you're too far away from your source it won't work. I'm not sure how bending works with server build limits.
The latter option, and what's a build limit?

xNuminousx

I can't recall if build limit comes in your server properties or as a function of Essentials, but basically it's a build height limit that states players cannot build passed a certain height. I believe the default is 256 or something and it's based 256 blocks above bedrock.

Adamskii6

I can't recall if build limit comes in your server properties or as a function of Essentials, but basically it's a build height limit that states players cannot build passed a certain height. I believe the default is 256 or something and it's based 256 blocks above bedrock.
Placing blocks there is fine, and so is waterbending, just not earthbending :/