• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earth Moves Going Through Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
I think that all the earthmove should go through water. It doesn't make sense that an earth move cant go through water, it makes water have a serious advantage. It allows waterbenders and or any type of bender to camp in water. When any earth move is in the water it should move slower than normal. Simple as that.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
When an earth move is effected by gravity (Earth Shard, Earth Kick, Mud Surge, etc) it should go through water. And this MAY be the only way to get them through water. I do understand that they SHOULD go through water as it is more realistic, I just don't know how possible it is going to be because water may effect some animations. I cannot recall off the top of my head if earth blast goes through water but I don't think it does.... If we are going to be on the realistic side, I think they should also break glass or ice if you earth blast it or throw earth at it... But again, how possible is it?

BryanPlays

Verified Member
I still feel that this should be a thing considering earthblast is earths main attack and earth is very limited with its attacks.

Loony

Verified Member
I always thought the same, looking into!

Does not.
It does actually, if someone tags me in the thread I'll look at what the thread is. If I see it's a suggestion I'll click off it, then it doesn't appear later in my "what's new" section so I forget to read it again later.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I always thought the same, looking into!

It does actually, if someone tags me in the thread I'll look at what the thread is. If I see it's a suggestion I'll click off it, then it doesn't appear later in my "what's new" section so I forget to read it again later.
That's really odd. If you're already on the thread, why not read it and mark it? Opposed to the alternative of it not getting marked. Or at least do something \o/

Loony

Verified Member
That's really odd. If you're already on the thread, why not read it and mark it? Opposed to the alternative of it not getting marked. Or at least do something \o/
Few reasons,
When I see the notification and see what the thread is I usually don't have time to read, review and mark the thread. I'm usually doing something else, also, I've asked people not to tag me in threads multiple times so when they do it makes me not want to read it.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Few reasons,
When I see the notification and see what the thread is I usually don't have time to read, review and mark the thread. I'm usually doing something else, also, I've asked people not to tag me in threads multiple times so when they do it makes me not want to read it.
But it's your job to read it ;-;

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Concept Designers are already required to go through suggestions on a daily basis.
Remember this.
Solution: Pick a time during the, probably should be your free time at the end of the day so you can read all posts made that day, and use that time to go through the list and read.
When I see the notification and see what the thread is I usually don't have time to read, review and mark the thread. I'm usually doing something else
Again, pick a time during the day, when you have enough time to read, review and mark the thread, and use that time.
I've asked people not to tag me in threads multiple times so when they do it makes me not want to read it.
Yes, you've asked, but refer to Mists' post. You are required to read it. Just because you were tagged or "don't want to" doesn't mean that you get a free pass, unless for some reason you are allowed to follow the rules when ever you like? Is there not a punishment system? Can you not do anything if people repeatedly tag people when they don't need to? Put the Forum Etiquette in your signature. People can refer to that as they like and get punished or reminded if they don't follow it. Like Mist said, it's irritating, but still your job to read it.

Loony

Verified Member
Remember this.

Solution: Pick a time during the, probably should be your free time at the end of the day so you can read all posts made that day, and use that time to go through the list and read.

Again, pick a time during the day, when you have enough time to read, review and mark the thread, and use that time.

Yes, you've asked, but refer to Mists' post. You are required to read it. Just because you were tagged or "don't want to" doesn't mean that you get a free pass, unless for some reason you are allowed to follow the rules when ever you like? Is there not a punishment system? Can you not do anything if people repeatedly tag people when they don't need to? Put the Forum Etiquette in your signature. People can refer to that as they like and get punished or reminded if they don't follow it. Like Mist said, it's irritating, but still your job to read it.
Not sure when you got that quote from but I've never been told I'm required to go through suggestions on a daily basis AND PK is now under new management and that rule doesn't exist now anyway.

Your solution doesn't solve anything, I do that anyway lol. I'm not required to read anything, and I never said I don't read it, I said it makes me not want to read it - there's a difference. If you read my message properly, I said that it doesn't appear in my 'what's new' so I forget about the post altogether. Not that I choose not to read it.

And again, it isn't required for me to mark suggestions every day nor is it required for me to read every single suggestion. That's just silly.

Loony

Verified Member
If I get a notification unless it's something quick that I can respond to I'm not going to drop everything and mark that suggestion. You do realise how many suggestions we get right?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Your solution doesn't solve anything
it does actually. There is a list of suggestions, use it. From what you are saying you only use your "what's new" section which obviously isn't effecient if you're forgetting to read threads. If you referred to the list of suggestions maybe you wouldn't forget. And setting specific time to read through suggestions can really help you be more efficient. Do all your work in one sitting rather than doing it along with other stuff, which you seem to be doing now.
If you read my message properly, I said that it doesn't appear in my 'what's new' so I forget about the post altogether.
Maybe you shouldn't rely on that since that system is apparently not working too well for you.
And again, it isn't required for me to mark suggestions every day nor is it required for me to read every single suggestion. That's just silly.
It's not silly. It's dedication. But, work smarter not harder I suppose.
I'm not going to drop everything and mark that suggestion.
If you were using your free time that I recommended you create you wouldn't have to drop anything.
You do realise how many suggestions we get right?
You really don't get any more than 2-5 suggestions per day. Including the rare occasion someone makes a suggestion for Pk Rpg, Spirits, or Items. Can you not give up at least 30 minutes to an hour of your day?

Loony

Verified Member
it does actually. There is a list of suggestions, use it. From what you are saying you only use your "what's new" section which obviously isn't effecient if you're forgetting to read threads. If you referred to the list of suggestions maybe you wouldn't forget. And setting specific time to read through suggestions can really help you be more efficient. Do all your work in one sitting rather than doing it along with other stuff, which you seem to be doing now.

Maybe you shouldn't rely on that since that system is apparently not working too well for you.

It's not silly. It's dedication. But, work smarter not harder I suppose.

If you were using your free time that I recommended you create you wouldn't have to drop anything.

You really don't get any more than 2-5 suggestions per day. Including the rare occasion someone makes a suggestion for Pk Rpg, Spirits, or Items. Can you not give up at least 30 minutes to an hour of your day?
And I already said I do that lol, ima keep it short because Bryan is right, however, I've been Concept Designer for longer that a year (I believe) so shall we work out what you're asking me to do?
30 minutes per day.
210 minutes a week.
840 minutes a month.
10,080 minutes a year.
Which translates to, 168 hours. Please remember this is a volunteer job and on top of marking suggestions I have a lot of other work to do. Please don't tell me how to mark suggestions or how to spend my time, I know what I'm doing and I go back and look at older suggestions. If I miss them, it means I won't see them UNTIL later down the line.

[EDIT]: People don't tell devs they need to set aside 30 minutes each day to fix bugs? If they did that, the plugin would be way more forward in development, however we realise people have real lives that come first. I've got many responsibilities and marking suggestions that can be marked at any time or even, by someone else, is not a high priority to me. Sorry you disagree.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Jesus. Can we get to talking about the actual suggestion here?
EarthBlast honestly shouldn't penetrate water. It's way too small for it to be effective in water, and it'd require a LOT of effort to actually move it through the water at a formidable pace.
EarthSmash is another story, I do think that the boulder should be able to go inside a water pool's depth to a certain extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.