• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earth Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
So it is a miniature, spherical EarthGrab that can be disrupted by certain moves? e.e
Not really meant to mimic earth grab. And it has durability because the show has proof it cant withstand everything. Its also for balancing purposes, because if you had protection all over you with no way to take it down, it could lead to being op & allowing users to in some ways pvp log.

djmyernos

Verified Member
Sounds like a great idea, but if you're fighting another earthbender, and all it takes is 3 EarthBlasts to take this "dome" down, then the shield would be down in less than 2 seconds. I think it should be something like 5 hits or more, and maybe 2 hits for high powered moves such as charged fireblast and combustion. If that happens, then the move should definitely have a long cooldown.

promancer

Verified Member
Sounds like a great idea, but if you're fighting another earthbender, and all it takes is 3 EarthBlasts to take this "dome" down, then the shield would be down in less than 2 seconds. I think it should be something like 5 hits or more, and maybe 2 hits for high powered moves such as charged fireblast and combustion. If that happens, then the move should definitely have a long cooldown.
Im relatively sure its configurable, and i think it shouldnt have a long cooldown, its basically earthgrab with higher defence and a roof. =P

djmyernos

Verified Member
Im relatively sure its configurable, and i think it shouldnt have a long cooldown, its basically earthgrab with higher defence and a roof. =P
True, but if someone just spams it, then there is really no fight. It needs to have a cooldown, otherwise, it'll be used too much.

Hero

Verified Member
Let's keep water out of this, you have surge for this use. But thanks!
Surge! I would also like a water dome considering earth has raise earth. :p I like the move dough.

Last edited:

Moonelight

Verified Member
Earth blast isnt one of the moves that can take down the shield. The rock being used to protect you is already being bended, so in theory collapse would have no effect on it, unless the power used on it was greater than the person insides power on the shield is. You just have to break it. Theres really no way to prevent lavaflow from taking you out inside it, you'd have to release the shield and get away asap.

Janny

Verified Member
Um, how would that work? LavaFlow doesn't do contact damage. The only way to hurt someone with LavaFlow is by making it so that they fall into the lava (using the LavaFlow to do things like LavaDisk and or LavaThrow doesn't count).
Other than that, I LOVE this move!

HydroMan

Verified Member
Surge! I would also like a water dome considering earth has earth earth. :p I like the move dough.
WaterSeal
Um, how would that work? LavaFlow doesn't do contact damage. The only way to hurt someone with LavaFlow is by making it so that they fall into the lava (using the LavaFlow to do things like LavaDisk and or LavaThrow doesn't count).
I think he was referring as burning the dome with lavaflow by clicking on it.

Janny

Verified Member
Lightning
How would electricity break earth? Ground cant conduct electricity ?-? (I do not want an argument on this please, I just wanna know what Fly says because I think this is true, it cant conduct electricity)

djmyernos

Verified Member
I think he means that you'd fall in the lava. Just like if you are in an EarthGrab and someone shifts on LavaFlow right outside of it, you'd most likely die.

Moonelight

Verified Member
How would electricity break earth? Ground cant conduct electricity ?-? (I do not want an argument on this please, I just wanna know what Fly says because I think this is true, it cant conduct electricity)
Lightning has proven to have explosions on impact with earth, so it made sense to add it to the list.

I was semi forced to add this to the list. Lavaflow could possibly go underneath the walls & roof, killing you possibly. So it made some sense to add it to the list, because why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.