• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earth Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
This move is made for defense completely.

Things to know
  • The dome can be destroyed by attacking it 3 times
  • The amount of hits the dome can withstand is configurable
  • The dome dimensions are configurable
  • Default size of the base is 2x2
  • The default height is 2 blocks high
  • When the dome is destroyed it blows up into dirt particles (or whichever to match to blocks used to create the dome)
  • You must hold shift to keep the dome up
  • When you release shift the dome then explodes into dirt particles (or whichever ^^^)
  • When the dome is destroyed by a move, the explosion of the dome does a heart of damage to the user it hides

How it works

When in combat you may need a fast escape, this is where Earth Dome comes in hand. To start using earth dome, you'll need to hold shift, and you must be on a earthbendable surface which can support the size of the dome. Once you begin to hold shift, a "dome" will form around you. Note that this move deactivates when you let go of shift. The dome can't withstand charged/powerful moves, and a list can be found below of those moves.

Torrent
Surge during night
IceBlast

Charged Fireblast
Fireburst
Combustion
Lightning

Airburst
Charged Air Swipe

LavaFlow
Shockwave
EarthSmash

(Configurable, but you get the idea of which moves.)

The dome can withstand 3 hits from one of the moves listed above. After 3 hits the dome will lose it's durability and break. The 3 hits durability makes the shield able to protect you longer. Anyone could take your dome down the second you use it without the durability.

Here is a example of the default size of the dome:

Proof of move

Aang domed himself with earth while Sozin was attacking him.
Note: No avatar state was being used at this time.

I hope you enjoy this move, and can consider liking it.
I had to make sure that this defense move wasn't to over powered, which is where the moves that can destroy it come in. I also know this move has been suggested before, but my version is different I would assume.

Questions, concerns, and criticizing below!

Thanks,
- Fly

Last edited:

BlueGhost

Verified Member
I like the idea a lot :D
I've always though that earth needed something like this ;)
It could actually be made into a combo including holding shift on earthgrab at its end
By the way water should be able to do something of this kind with ice, just saying :p

Moonelight

Verified Member
I like the idea a lot :D
I've always though that earth needed something like this ;)
It could actually be made into a combo including holding shift on earthgrab at its end
By the way water should be able to do something of this kind with ice, just saying :p
Let's keep water out of this, you have surge for this use. But thanks!

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
LavaFlux isn't a move...
Besides that! This is a really well thought out idea.. I feel like it's very similar to earthgrab though

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
They won't do anything with the addon moves. More or less it'd be up to the creator to make it destroy the move.

Moonelight

Verified Member
This is a really well thought out idea.. I feel like it's very similar to earthgrab though
In a way it is, but you must hold shift to keep the shield up. And the user attacking you has the chance to take out your shield.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
I think that the dome should have a configurable amount of hits it can take (default 3-5 ?). Ozai had the power of the comet and he still had to give it a few good blows before Aang couldn't take it any more. Besides that this is a very well thought idea, as usual.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I think that the dome should have a configurable amount of hits it can take (default 3-5 ?). Ozai had the power of the comet and he still had to give it a few good blows before Aang couldn't take it any more. Besides that this is a very well thought idea, as usual.
Later I can add that into the thread, and thank you :)

Moonelight

Verified Member
Torrent
Surge during night
IceBlast

Charged Fireblast
Fireburst
Combustion
Lightning

Airburst
Charged Air Swipe

LavaFlow
Shockwave
EarthSmash

(Configurable, but you get the idea of which moves.)
The dome can withstand 3 hits from one of the moves listed above. After 3 hits the dome will lose it's durability and break. The 3 hits durability makes the shield able to protect you longer. Anyone could take your dome down the second you use it without the durability.
I added Shockwave to the list, and the concept of the dome having a 3 hit durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.