• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Dynamic Water/Earth Sourcing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaK

Verified Member
We kinda just established a new dynamic sourcing for water. I kind of agree to the disadvantages the current sourcing has. The thing is: the current sourcing actually makes you rely on sources -- canon -- and it shows that at least you have some sort of concentration. If we were to do a radius sourcing like this suggestion, it would be a mess. If it prioritizes automatically, you'll have water and earth moving everywhere coming from any direction.

Although, the idea of even having this in the Configurations -- default: false -- is a pretty good idea. It'll add more variation in the configuration, but maintain the current sourcing which pleases a lot of people momentarily.
If the devs want, they can make it prioritize directions too. ;)
Also, sure you got the semi-dynamic sourcing for water currently, which I still don't like... But what about earth, hmm?

pfm2001

Verified Member
We kinda just established a new dynamic sourcing for water. I kind of agree to the disadvantages the current sourcing has. The thing is: the current sourcing actually makes you rely on sources -- canon -- and it shows that at least you have some sort of concentration. If we were to do a radius sourcing like this suggestion, it would be a mess. If it prioritizes automatically, you'll have water and earth moving everywhere coming from any direction.

Although, the idea of even having this in the Configurations -- default: false -- is a pretty good idea. It'll add more variation in the configuration, but maintain the current sourcing which pleases a lot of people momentarily.
I think you make a great point, but that's what makes Water and Earth so vulnerable. Fire and Air can just shoot away, no problem. Water and Earth aren't as lucky and therefore may be burned or flung by the time they even get to the source.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I think you make a great point, but that's what makes Water and Earth so vulnerable. Fire and Air can just shoot away, no problem. Water and Earth aren't as lucky and therefore may be burned or flung by the time they even get to the source.
Agreed. That is one of its weaknesses.

Da Psic

Verified Member
Main Pros and cons of all bending types:
Water weakness is requiring a source, that can be recycled, however they can do everything and anything with that including copying other types of benders with that source(obviously in liquid form), making it so they're the most overpowered form of bending when near water.
-->Making it so they can bend from out of nowhere without taking the time to look at a source is just way to overpowered,imagine the spam .

Earth weakness is not requiring a source but running out of it, however while they retain that they can easily overpower other bending types.
->Dynamic would be balanced in this case.(But then EarthSmash comes below you and now you're stuck in a hole lelelelel)

Fire weakness is being overpowered by other benders,however if the other benders find themselves at a risky situation or make a mistake, hello cremation my old friend.High risk, High Risk High Reward

Air weakness is "What is lov-air", all board the "nop-air train" to "nop-air ville" in the "nop-air country"

NinjaK

Verified Member
Main Pros and cons of all bending types:
Water weakness is requiring a source, that can be recycled, however they can do everything and anything with that including copying other types of benders with that source(obviously in liquid form), making it so they're the most overpowered form of bending when near water.
-->Making it so they can bend from out of nowhere without taking the time to look at a source is just way to overpowered,imagine the spam .

Earth weakness is not requiring a source but running out of it, however while they retain that they can easily overpower other bending types.
->Dynamic would be balanced in this case.(But then EarthSmash comes below you and now you're stuck in a hole lelelelel)

Fire weakness is being overpowered by other benders,however if the other benders find themselves at a risky situation or make a mistake, hello cremation my old friend.High risk, High Risk High Reward

Air weakness is "What is lov-air", all board the "nop-air train" to "nop-air ville" in the "nop-air country"
Heres my reply to each thing you have said:
Water: Op because spamming? Well do whats done with all the other elements. Add a cooldown so you can't spam it. Easy.
Earth: From the times I've played Earth, I have never run out of sources to use. Earth can be found almost everywhere. And if you read the entire post, you would know that I said it doesn't apply to EarthSmash, as well as many other moves.
Fire: Isn't fire the element of power? What you described is how air works. Fire is where you are the one overpowering your enemies, but if you make a mistake then you could be in trouble.
Air: ...wat?

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
The dynamics of sourcing we have now is good. Sourcing is what makes water and earth balanced (even in the show too) yet in the show and in MC Bending, waterbenders and earthbenders do stand a hell of a chance against fire and airbenders.. This doesn't need to be added in my perspective because this will only create more commotion

NinjaK

Verified Member
The dynamics of sourcing we have now is good. Sourcing is what makes water and earth balanced (even in the show too) yet in the show and in MC Bending, waterbenders and earthbenders do stand a hell of a chance against fire and airbenders.. This doesn't need to be added in my perspective because this will only create more commotion
Your opinion is your opinion, and I will leave it at that, because no matter what either of us think, really all that matters is what the concept designers think.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Because that still requires a setup, and slows your movement. This method is more canon and practical.
Not really. I think they still needed in fact to choose the source while not facing the source. This would however won't allow you to choose which source you want. On second thought Im all up for this idea.
Only aslong it allows you to choose the source if you want and continue on using the bending from that source (lets say if I want to attack my opponent from behind, with the body of water near his back, I could normally select the source, and continue on using the same water i choosen without needing to select it, but not picking a random source by itself unless I have no source selected)

NinjaK

Verified Member
Not really. I think they still needed in fact to choose the source while not facing the source. This would however won't allow you to choose which source you want. On second thought Im all up for this idea.
Only aslong it allows you to choose the source if you want and continue on using the bending from that source (lets say if I want to attack my opponent from behind, with the body of water near his back, I could normally select the source, and continue on using the same water i choosen without needing to select it, but not picking a random source by itself unless I have no source selected)
Oh of course! If you selected which source you wanted, it would continue to use that one instead of choosing randomly. But if that source were to be run out or were to dissipate, it would choose the nearest source to it.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Iron shouldn't be priotirized, because it is less important than non-oron earth blocks. It should be the next following before sand and after gravel.

Status
Not open for further replies.