• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Double Water Serpentine

Status
Not open for further replies.

paliate

Verified Member
I think that this makes sense and would be a great addition to the plugin.
I can't hope but think that this would be amazing with waterarms ;-;

erikwazhere

Verified Member
OMG this is such an AWESOME idea and I love it even more because water is a bit low on moves.
Potato Heart! <S

owlcool

Verified Member
The fatter water stream is a bit more overpowered in my opinion, (charged fireblast does not expand), and what could you block this with? Would it break earth blocks like in raiseearth but then stop? Would it be stopped by walloffire? If not, only way for firebending to counter this would be to firejet away, and this seems like quite a bit of damage, isn't fire supposed to be the element of damage? Torrent, Shockwave, and spammed watermanipulation/earthblast seem to disprove that. What would make fire even close to the element of damage if this move were implemented?

Kiam

Verified Member
The fatter water stream is a bit more overpowered in my opinion, (charged fireblast does not expand), and what could you block this with? Would it break earth blocks like in raiseearth but then stop? Would it be stopped by walloffire? If not, only way for firebending to counter this would be to firejet away, and this seems like quite a bit of damage, isn't fire supposed to be the element of damage? Torrent, Shockwave, and spammed watermanipulation/earthblast seem to disprove that. What would make fire even close to the element of damage if this move were implemented?
Charged fireblast does expand. Also, This move would have a cooldown and it's pretty slow to execute. I highly doubt that this move will have overwhelming destructive power.

David

Verified Member
It's the same damage as torrent... Firebenders can't block torrent at all, and it's even harder to dodge it since torrent is easily redirectable, and torrent can hit 3-4 times if used properly. This is not for killing, more so brekaing defenses, getting the first hit, marking your strength, etc.

Wall of Fire would not block it, that's just illogical, a wall of fire putting a complete halt to a massive gush of water...

The fatter water stream is the same size as charged Fire Blast, as well. I tried very hard to make it roughly the same size.

As for the Raise Earth, it would blow through the Raise Earth, same with Earth Grab as well. It wouldn't blow up multiple Raise Earths, though. Just enough force power to go through two a 2 block width defense, nothing more.

isn't fire supposed to be the element of damage? Torrent, Shockwave, and spammed watermanipulation/earthblast seem to disprove that.
Fire is the element of power and life, not damage necessarily. Fire does great amounts of damage as well, so I don't really see your point.

Tony

Verified Member
There should be an option to just select one source, have it split into two, and then have all the stats except speed lowered.
I agree it would be a little hard getting 2 water sources directly across each other. Other then that I love the move :)

6tijn

Verified Member
I suppose the demage this moves does, is configurable... SO I wouldn't worry about that.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
I can already tell you that this is gonna be one long suggestion... I have a lot of pictures~

So, in the show, there is a move often used that I've always loved. The waterbender shoots two streams of water, which usually have an incredibly destructive impact, as waterbenders are able to change the pressure of water, which allows for the destroying and cutting of objects... But anyways, here are some gifs of this being used:

Theres another gift somewhere out there on the internet that I couldn't find or make. It was Unulaq using it against Tonraq, he fires two Water Manipulations, then after that he uses this in attempt to interrupt Tonraq's ice water wave. If someone could find it and post it here that'd be just dandy<3

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

How it would work: I think this should be a Water Combo. I have some pictures to explain how the combo should/would look and work:

First, the Water Bender would HOLD shift with Water Manipulation at a Water Source:

After a short, hopefully configurable time, the Waterbender would see a small fountain of water appear in place of the source (along with smoke particles of course, this would look pretty weird without the water blocks in my opinion, though)

The waterbender would then repeat this with a seperate water source:

The waterbender would then HOLD shift with torrent, and this would happen with the water fountains (I used Cyan Wool Blocks to represent water because I was getting aggravated fiddling with still water):

The Water Fountain's would change directions in which they point depending on which way the water bending is facing:

Now, the User would then LEFT CLICK with torrent, RELEASING shift shortly afterwards, which would cause the Water Fountains to shoot forward:

The water streams would come closer to each other the farther they go, eventually fusing into one larger beam:

Here are some other images with different angles to get a better idea:

Also, I thought that it'd look better if the Water Fountains produced a fatter stream, so I made these:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

What it would do: I think this move should be very similar to a charged Fire Blast.

This move shouldn't be redirectable, it should only move in a straight line. I do see this move having problems being shot in a diagonal direction, but I don't doubt there being a way to go around this problem. I think this move should be primarily used for breaking the opponent's defenses, so that's why I say it should break through blocks. For Example: An earthbender raises a wall of Earth, or hides in an Earth Grab, what to do!?! Use double water serpentine to break through. I feel as though people would say that that's op for water to be able to break blocks, but realize that this move takes a long time to charge up and perform. Also, in the show, Water can cut through metal, stone is no problem. But on the plugin, water can't cut thruogh anything. The only environmental damage it can do is flooding (Oh no! Look out! He's making a kiddy pool! We're all doomed! Although I do admit flooding can be pretty annoying when entire bending arenas are submerged, but anyways~). As for damage, I think this move should be similar to Torrent, where it CAN hit multiple times if used properly. I don't know the default torrent damage off the top of my head, but I know it's possible to double that damage by moving your opponent along with the torrent, which is what I'm aiming for with this. I also think this should move at the same speed as torrent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worked really hard on this - maybe a little too hard, but I'm hoping for feedback~
maybe make it into an actual move instead of a combo?
so like instead of having to use water manip then torrent make it a move called dual torrent or somthing (you could think of a name :eek: ) orrrrr
1 left click, one right click for sources, hold shift till the water apears then left click and direct by holding shift in mid air

David

Verified Member
maybe make it into an actual move instead of a combo?
so like instead of having to use water manip then torrent make it a move called dual torrent or somthing (you could think of a name :eek: ) orrrrr
1 left click, one right click for sources, hold shift till the water apears then left click and direct by holding shift in mid air
Water is in need of more combos. I wanted this move to be difficult to cast properly, having a single bind for it is just too easy

Status
Not open for further replies.