• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Dodge/Dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
Chi has very little ways to dodge all the moves other benders throw at them so getting close to any bender (besides chi) is very difficult. So chi does need a lot more dodging/mobility moves.

What this ability will allow a chi blocker to do is dive forward 4 blocks and do a roll type thing. Also if jumping off a cliff you can jump off a little farther away from the cliff and dive into hopefully water. Also you can fall back into a laying position for 2 seconds to dodge projectiles coming at you and quickly jump back up. You can slow down your fall when your falling right by a wall. Once you use one of these you have to wait 2 seconds until the next use of any of them.

To dive forward 4 blocks while on the ground click in the direction you want to go. This diving animation will be done by using the elytra animation.

This ability will also allow you to push off a wall 4 blocks if your falling by clicking in a direction.

To dive in mid air click and you will be in an elytra position were you are going not straight down but almost, and you will be able control where you are falling fairly well.

To dodge incoming attacks by falling back on your back and pushing your self back up (I have no idea how to explain this, if someone can that would be nice), hold shift and you will go into the laying position, when you let go of shift you will go out of it, you can only be laying for 2 seconds.

To slow down falling, when falling beside a wall hold shift, if held long enough you will take no fall damage at all. This will have no cooldown, and it will not put this move into a cooldown.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
The Lying position is a bit difficult to code. Not only that, the player placement would look weird - the bed size is half a block height, so you're basically sleeping in a 0.6 block - hovering. It would be advisable for the chi blocker to stand on a slab block.

How I imagine this could be solved, similar to how tremorsense works. The 1x2 blocks beneat the chi blocker will change into bed, that is only visible to the user. Other people around him will see the chi blocker lying on a manifested slab platform, but that makes it another problem which is un-aesthetical and less logical.

About your third paragraph - I don't really care about. As you know by my name, which lives up to it, I'm really decent at chi blocking and I'm good at dodging stuff let alone with AcrobatStance, so for me I can do the dodging without this stuff probably.

"To dive in mid air click and you will be in an elytra position were you are going not straight down but almost, and you will be able control where you are falling fairly well." That sounds airbending-ish to me, and with my understand - chi blockers wouldn't have the capability to do the thing you said.

The "push off a wall" and "slow down falling" features sound pretty neat. I liked them to be implanted

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
The click while falling thing isn't airbendish at all. You are going into a dive position to go a little farther and faster than normal, like in real life. Also even though you yourself are fine with yet having acrobat stance doesn't mean everyone else wants to use it. Besides its not actually good for dodging big moves, you have to jump around the whole time which looks stupid and is kind of boring. A lot of people don't just want to jump around all day when fighting. Chi bending is neglected and it does need more moves to use.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Besides its not actually good for dodging big moves, you have to jump around the whole time which looks stupid and is kind of boring. A lot of people don't just want to jump around all day when fighting.
With this, you can dash around the whole time, unless you include a cooldown. By the way, we have highjump for that (although, the ability itself needs improvements as well).

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
Exactly high jump goes up...... Which puts you in the same place of where you were unless you actually jump up on something. The move doesn't need improving there just needs to be different ways to dodge moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.