• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Deleted] Combustion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
OmniCypher submitted a new resource:

Combustion - What Combustion should be like~

Element
Fire

How To Use
Hold Shift with the ability bound, wait for the ring to make one rotation and wait for the smoke particles to start coming off you (by default a little over 1 second) and Release Shift to fire! Move your cursor to curve the beam towards your enemies!

IMPORTANT
In order for this move to override Project Korra's built in Combustion you MUST disable it in the config file!

Config Stats
damage: 4.0 (Overall damage applied to...
Read more about this resource...

Helios

Verified Member
It doesn't work for me. The fire circles around me, but it never leaves me as a beam of combustion.

Helios

Verified Member
Is there a way to make it last longer? Like it doesn't dissipate as soon. I want to move my combustion around a lot, and I feel that it cant be utilized because it ends too fast.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Is there a way to make it last longer? Like it doesn't dissipate as soon. I want to move my combustion around a lot, and I feel that it cant be utilized because it ends too fast.
Actually this is caused due to Minecraft not rendering particles once they are to /far/ away from the player. This distance is currently hard coded at 16 blocks to prevent lag but makes things like this and other bending moves a little complicated... o_O Sadly there is nothing I can do to extend the 16 block cap. However the beam does go farther then that with a max distance of 25 blocks, you just cant see it go that far. :p

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
The beam is 1, short, 2, off aim
First, The beam is not short... its simply that Minecraft itself can not render particles that are farther then 16 blocks away from the player as I told Helios.

Actually this is caused due to Minecraft not rendering particles once they are to /far/ away from the player. This distance is currently hard coded at 16 blocks to prevent lag but makes things like this and other bending moves a little complicated... o_O Sadly there is nothing I can do to extend the 16 block cap. However the beam does go farther then that with a max distance of 25 blocks, you just cant see it go that far. :p

Its not something I or any other add-on developer can fix, this same rule also applies to all bending moves and every plugin that uses particles...

Secondly, the move is not off aim. It follows your cursors movements by 20% and tries to end up where your cursor is pointing by curving its path. Obviously it would be much to powerful if it were to follow your cursor's each and every movement, ending up exactly where you wanted it to go. Practice with the move and I'm sure you'll be able to get it to /hopefully/ end up where you want it.

P.S. Please remember to read whats already been answered before asking your questions~ :p

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Great job, I'll test this when I am Home.
You are getting better I believe. I hope you'll be the one to make some plantbending ;)

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
First, The beam is not short... its simply that Minecraft itself can not render particles that are farther then 16 blocks away from the player as I told Helios.

Its not something I or any other add-on developer can fix, this same rule also applies to all bending moves and every plugin that uses particles...

Secondly, the move is not off aim. It follows your cursors movements by 20% and tries to end up where your cursor is pointing by curving its path. Obviously it would be much to powerful if it were to follow your cursor's each and every movement, ending up exactly where you wanted it to go. Practice with the move and I'm sure you'll be able to get it to /hopefully/ end up where you want it.

P.S. Please remember to read whats already been answered before asking your questions~ :p
maybe make it configurable so we can maybe extend the movement to say maybe 55%?

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
First off Merry Christmas :p

maybe make it configurable so we can maybe extend the movement to say maybe 55%?
Second, I'll have to rework my code a tad but it should be do-able. Ironically setting the percent higher will actually make the beam curve less so 20% is actually quite high already. This also should enable me to set a configurable distance the beam can travel which is currently 25 blocks.

Moonelight

Verified Member

Sorry, I didn't explain it well enough xD And yeah, I figured out the short render thing.
I mean on the server I played with this version, the beam comes from around your lower torso. It's just the server I played on, idk if it is really the move. But it often led to me being off aim. A

And maybe sometimes blowing myself up.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Well... Actually I did throw a little Easter Egg Debuff in on the move to kinda Nerf it. If a player is charging the move and they get hit before releasing the charge they themselves will blow up. This was meant to replicate combustion as closely as possible from the show so remember to be careful when using it because we all remember that one major flaw with combustion man. :p

So if you do ever get hit while charging the move simple switch slots to cancel the move and simple recharge it. This will prevent you from exploding :p

Status
Not open for further replies.