• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Debate: Should Self-SurgeJet work on Land?

Should Surge provide transportation for the User (not including Others) on land(;not water|ice|snow)

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Madocean

Verified Member
  • 2? I can only count three: earthsmash and earthblast. Unless your including custom abilities, then that's how of the question (this is the area to discuss about stock abilities, because they are the only abilities that PK can provide support/changes from the feedback section, so custom moves aren't taken to the account).
  • cd? does that mean cooldown as an abbrevation.
  • Short rage? I think that would literally make it even more useless.
  • Input?
  • Depends on the circumstandes. If fallthreehold is enable, plummeting can trigger, and especally when your not seeing the earthbending slamming to the ground - it is unpredictable.
  • It would be raiseearth and smash or blast, maybe a mix.
  • Yeah cd = cooldown
  • Short range meaning anywhere from 5-15 blocks. It would warrant a lower charge since you'd have to get close. Getting close means there's less distance between you and the enemy meaning it's likely an attack will be easier to land than a combo meaning it would be harder to use shockwave in the situation, making it hard but rewarding. However, with the addition of some of the wall mechanics we've discussed this could become more pheasable for sure. I just think it shou;d be made more practical
  • Shift on raiseearth, Release on collapse, punch with esmash, I think that one sounds pretty explanatory of the motions
  • From behind Earthgrab yes thats true. It's just that shockwave right now is 100% defensive, while in the show it was a mix of offense and defense, actually a very close balance between the two. Korra punches the ground to knock down like 7 equalists, this is offense. Toph shockwaves oncoming

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah, I don't like it as a combo. It would make it predictable even more
From behind Earthgrab yes thats true. It's just that shockwave right now is 100% defensive, while in the show it was a mix of offense and defense, actually a very close balance between the two. Korra punches the ground to knock down like 7 equalists, this is offense. Toph shockwaves oncoming
You can knock 7 players too with shockwave, so I don't what's stopping you from doing that. In the game, it is also a mixture of offense and defense. As the shockwave rumbles away, it acts as a barrier from any projectile approaching you. Shockwave does deal damage and sends other away, so I don't know why you found the ability to be totally defensive relied application.

Perhaps post this concept on all new thread. Right now, I want this thread to be locked and don't wanna clutter it with unrelated stuff.

Madocean

Verified Member
Yeah, I don't like it as a combo. It would make it predictable even more

You can knock 7 players too with shockwave, so I don't what's stopping you from doing that. In the game, it is also a mixture of offense and defense. As the shockwave rumbles away, it acts as a barrier from any projectile approaching you. Shockwave does deal damage and sends other away, so I don't know why you found the ability to be totally defensive relied application.

Perhaps post this concept on all new thread. Right now, I want this thread to be locked and don't wanna clutter it with unrelated stuff.
I mean it'd for sure be faster so predictability wouldn't matter it would just add to the balance in that it's op but very easy to counter, again the work and reward mechanic.

I mean, if you can find more than 5 players in a bending arena as of recent please inform me. I already said it was a mix of offense and defense, i just couldn't find a specific example. RIGHT NOW its 100% defense though, slow and predictable is not what you want in offense. I don't know any current top ebenders that use it offensively.

And I just got to your last point, totally agree, I'll move it when I get the time. Heading back to the gym atm.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Now that I think about it, yes due to its devasting I think it would make sense as a combo and you have a point for it being more quicker as one rather in a form of a charge ability.

How is it defense? You can block projectiles and throw/knock others. And yes, I can find 4 or more players in a bending arena, when playing on an average server.

K, cool. I urge you to suggest it.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
More like SwiftSwim and that's above water. I started the debate about the on overland enviroment application.

Here's one of the nifty things I was talking about:
Love that thing and scene. It resembles quite of a waterspout's wave application well.

I am going to vote "No" but not to disagree with surge on land, but to disagree with surge using plants. I think you could take a huge wave and use it to propel you further on land, but you should not be able to extract surge from a plant. It must be limited to either a water source period, or a water source with an adequate amount of water.
What do you mean ; Have in mind by that? <--- Nevermind.